Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has changed since 2011?

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    I have to disagree a little here. I do agree that it was and is still awesome, but there have been a lot of changes in the last 3 years. Since the new ownership they have invested a lot of money fixing up broken things, you constantly see workers around the resort replacing and fixing things that have been broken for years. They are in the process of completely redoing court yard. They are about to open a wine and coffee bar, the courtyard also has free wifi. The piano bar was redone. The food is much better, with more selections. They have new seating in the diningroom. There is more selection of high end liquor without running out. There are many new Ec's and they are very friendly and are doing the events on time and as scheduled, which is something that never used to happen. Staff is much more content and friendly and more upbeat then ever before. Overall the resort seems to have a spark in it that it never used to have, it has had the life breathed back into it and you can see it and feel it where ever you look. So for someone who has not been there since 2011, I think they will see a big difference with how the resort is run and the life of the resort overall.
    This is the most accurate, spot-on, and detailed answer in this thread. Great post!
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    I have to disagree a little here. I do agree that it was and is still awesome, but there have been a lot of changes in the last 3 years. Since the new ownership they have invested a lot of money fixing up broken things, you constantly see workers around the resort replacing and fixing things that have been broken for years. They are in the process of completely redoing court yard. They are about to open a wine and coffee bar, the courtyard also has free wifi. The piano bar was redone. The food is much better, with more selections. They have new seating in the diningroom. There is more selection of high end liquor without running out. There are many new Ec's and they are very friendly and are doing the events on time and as scheduled, which is something that never used to happen. Staff is much more content and friendly and more upbeat then ever before. Overall the resort seems to have a spark in it that it never used to have, it has had the life breathed back into it and you can see it and feel it where ever you look. So for someone who has not been there since 2011, I think they will see a big difference with how the resort is run and the life of the resort overall.
    I've been an honest, outspoken critic in the past. The new hedo ownership has done a lot. Now granted, I think the brings them to "even!" (Who has ever heard of a place running out of glasses?!) But improvements nonetheless!

ok,, last comment on this.... you say "things" have been repaired. could you be specific? and to be exact, the courtyard is now fenced off and is a building site.. so not improved yet. they are about to open a wine and coffee bar,,, again not there yet.. they have wifi in the courtyard (the one that is fenced off?) the seats in the dinning room are exactly the same,, maybe recovered. hardly a massive improvement. Ive never had any spirts run out on me,, maybe im lucky on that one. The ecs change every year, and in the past have been just as friendly and always on time on my visits. Staff have always been awesome, and friendly and delroy and scumba will take some beating. food is pretty much the same. with the exception that Martinos is now closed more often. Like I said, it was awesome and still is.. and im sure with a little more time massive improvements will be made... but a coat of paint and a different fabric to sit on is hardly massive improvements.. Before I get slated,, this is not a negative comment... like I said, its awesome.

Registered User phillycouple621's Avatar

Thanks all

Thanks everyone!! We look forward to hanging around the forum some more!!
    Hedonism II May 28-31, 2010

Hedonism II April 7-10, 2011

Hedonism II November 2-6, 2015

Hedonism II July 27-31, 2016 YSW

Hedonism II July 20 to 25 2019

phillycouple622 - SLS

Phillycouple621 - kik

My perception of improvements after 3 trips in 2011/12:
    Food quantity and quality. (No more running out at 9am and leaving it that way.)
    Chairs were recushioned.
    Fans were added, a HUGE improvement!
    More umbrellas around the pool and beach. More chairs. More towels. Cubbies for your stuff.
    I can get grey goose at any bar, every time. And they always had a glass to put it in. (That was the last straw -- pardon the pun- for me last time)
    Check in was fast and easy, as was Check out.
    Bar service at pool was MUCH improved.

Things they still need to do:
    Restaurants have same schedule best I can tell. Policy varies. Wish they'd settle out on that.
    The unrefurbished rooms should be. Not upgrades, but get rid of the old rug, bedspread, etc. I belive they were working on this and may even be done!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    My perspective is based on only two trips in April of 13 and 14 with Kitten Angel Group.It was obvious that vast amounts of cash were being infused into the resort with new mattresses,televisions,paint inside and out.Now all sorts of other upgrades and improvements are in the works.Best part is that the owners are often on site and approachable by the guests.They have a vested interest and it shows.THAT is the good news-Hedo did not wither away on the vine,it is approaching full bloom!So yeah,I could tell quite a difference between my first and second trip.Can't wait to go back!

Thanks for all the posts - although we didn't start the thread....we could have. It has been 3 years since our last trip (prior to that 2 times per year). Looking forward to our return in Dec - hope we still recognize the place lol......but we are suspecting some of our staff friends are gone

I think the Hobies got new sails or are all new ? I know the dive boat was working vs not working , trying to think of stuff creates stronger DIF - ughhh ! 135 days

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    We first went on two trips in 2012, and made our next trip in March of 2014 and we'll be going back in 2(!) days. Some of my favorite improvements/new stuff:

Flat-screen tv's in all the rooms to replace those cumbersome old tube tv's that hung from the ceiling. I'm 6'3 so banged my head on them more than once. Good riddance, and I consider this a huge improvement.

Refrigerators now in all the rooms. Now I can keep a cold bottle of water or whatever else I want to keep chilled in my room. Pretty big improvement, though some may not need it.

Beach towels now more plentiful and they got rid of those dumb cards that you had to turn in for your 2 towels. March was a full house and we were always able to get beach towels.

Cubbies by the nude pool/hot tub. Small but very useful improvement.

Looking forward to checking out the improvements to the piano bar and the free wi-fi near the under construction courtyard this time. Free wi-fi is something that many have requested for a long time. I'm glad that it will be available only in a small area away from the nude areas.

There's late night pizza available from the nude grill now.

Big yellow permanent floating platform in the water on the nude beach.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

OMG how could I have forgotten the late night pizza, hits the spot after a day of partying.
    Great improvement.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    OMG how could I have forgotten the late night pizza, hits the spot after a day of partying.
    Great improvement.
    Cop..
    Yep,and last year Mrs NN and I got to see a full eclipse of the moon while having a late night pizza!The stuff that memories are made of!

The late night pizza also makes the nude bar into a social area now. It used to just be a place to wake the bartender up to get a drink before heading to the hot tub or before heading to your room. Now there are usually people lounging around waiting for their food and drinking so that is a big improvement too. Sometimes at 2-4 am or so I don't feel like hot tubbing it yet so having somewhere to hangs out with people is a bonus.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Yep,and last year Mrs NN and I got to see a full eclipse of the moon while having a late night pizza!The stuff that memories are made of!
    I'll say that pizza is magic. We got to relax with hedocouple2013 enjoy a pizza and watch a threesome over in the massage hut. Won't forget that lol.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

If this is your first trip, you will not have any idea of what has been improved or not. It should all be new to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Royal View Post
    I sure hope things have improved, since we will be there for the first time in Feb!

3 trips will make me an expert too!!
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

The pizza.....yummy. Also the fluffy blue towels
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14