Thread: Burlesque Week - Sept 21-28, 2014

Thumbs up Burlesque Week - Sept 21-28, 2014

My trip report will be relatively short... We had a great time. Done. Just kidding...

Club MoBay's VIP Arrival Service was worth the $50 each. There was a 1.5 hour lineup at customs... We were through in less than 5 minutes. We had enough time to have two drinks in the VIP lounge before our rep came to tell us there's an Air Canada Vacations taxi ready to go. No one else (except for one other couple) on the aircraft had even reached their luggage or customs yet, and we were on our way to the resort. :-)

Burlesque week is quiet... I'm hoping the event will eventually attract more late September travelers, but as you know, it takes a while for an event to catch on. Hopefully between Kink and Hedo, they can come up with a better marketing strategy. We LOVE the burlesque shows very much, and will return again. If anyone wants to consider making a group for that week, let us know, we'll try putting something together.

Changes... Hmmm... Nothing has really changed, except that the EC's are allowed to be a bit more edgy and risque now, but of course the no nudity rule stays in effect for staff. It wasn't long ago that they weren't even allowed in the pool with guests.

Physical Changes... There are many more re-designed rooms available now, and those that aren't full refurbs have been repainted in brighter tones... We stayed in room 2178 (yes, our window looked directly out into the nude pool)... Great location. It's a repaint, not a refurb, and was nicer than the old gray coloring.

The Piano Bar is roomier now since they knocked down a wall and extended the space... Great idea. For now to get to it, during the construction of the cafe/wine bar, and courtyard, you have to take the path between the Japanese Restaurant, and the little mini wine bar near the event board. Not an inconvenience at all... It could be the first time many guests ever knew about the mini-putt course over there. Haha.

The dining area... It`s next. One of the owners (who I don`t name for their privacy, though you all pretty much know who I mean) announced to us last week that the 1970`s decor is getting the boot... Over the next short while, expect a much more modern dining and stage area. :-)

Anyway... To sum it up, it's still the wonderful place we love to return to time after time.

Oh, and it wasn't an issue for us in any way, but I agree with some other's comments that the electronic devices are going to have to be banned from the nude pool area... All of these modern smart-phones have high resolution spy cameras on them, and we ALL need to be vigilant about that, and we need to pressure staff and management to encourage security to be more vigilant too. They really do listen to us.

W&K
    Last edited by W&K; 09-29-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    ---------------------------------
    Hedo III - Feb 20-27, 2010
    Hedo II - Feb 19-26, 2011
    Hedo II - Mar 2-9, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2014
    ---------------------------------

Sounds like a nice week just not very busy. I think I like it busy. I agree with the smart phone thing. If you want pics please take them early in the morning before others show up.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Gee,I always thot the decor in the dining area was Jamaican and now I find out it is 70's?Man,do I miss the 70's or what ?!I hope they don't change the dining area too much,though,because it is unique in it's own way.
    Can't wait to see the new piano bar and my updated refurb room!Hurry up April!

w&k, we are heading down on the 29th of dec which is a monday, would you advise us to do the club mobay vip service or chance it being on a monday? I do not know how busy the airport is during the weekdays verus the weekend days. We have also scheduled an air taxi verus van ride to the resort, so we don't need to miss the flight time. Just curious as to whether the airport is jammed on a monday fly in? thanks for any advice.

couldn't agree more re the electronic devices. we were there the week before you and every morning the nude beach was so full of phones, ipads and laptops that we stopped using it. in the pool area it was less obvious but still happened.

Thanks for the report, it is always good to read about the ongoing improvements.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the report! The info helps a newbie couple.

I enjoyed your report.
    I totally agree that the nude pool should be a cell phone/camera/tablet free zone. It's so much fun to be there that I just don't get any legitimate reason to bring electronics.
    Is the dining room Reno happening before this winter season?