Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Delroy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    There were other parties interested in the resort. They all wanted to make it a family resort.
    Why is that? Hedonsim II seems to have good niche market that can make money for its owners/investor if the resort is properly maintained and operated. Is the Jamaica government, or some influential segment of the government or populace hostile to Hedo?

Yes, it does have a GREAT niche market but there are not a lot of operators that want to fill that niche. Others want it for it's location and IMHO, there is more of a market for family resorts than there is for one like Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
    Why is that? Hedonsim II seems to have good niche market that can make money for its owners/investor if the resort is properly maintained and operated. Is the Jamaica government, or some influential segment of the government or populace hostile to Hedo?
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Yes, it does have a GREAT niche market but there are not a lot of operators that want to fill that niche. Others want it for it's location and IMHO, there is more of a market for family resorts than there is for one like Hedo.
    Screw family resorts - there are enough of them for me to take my kids to - leave our Hedo ALONE lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    There's family resorts all over the place;including next door to Hedo and further down the beach.Only one Hedo on Earth.I'm thankful that it was saved by current management.Shows they love the place too!

Blog Entries
    You would think that, with Hedo III closing a few years back, Hedo II would have the nudist/lifestyle/swinger market to itself at least in Jamaica. Desire and Couples resorts just don't have the party vibe that Hedo II has.

[QUOTE=mac_r_a;214328]Hedo is still there as we love it and it is improving so if you aren't looking forward to the 'new' Hedo and the new management as you say, then there are lots of other resorts out there that will be happy to take your money. Respect

You convinced us. We have cancelled our trip. Be sure and tell your Hedo management contacts that you convinced a patron of 46 weeks to go else where. Oh and keep you ass off of the bar formerly known as Delroys

Quote Originally Posted by HedofunA_B View Post
    I have been around Hedonism long enough to know how group "hosts" are compensated for their efforts. And don't think that there were not other groups interested in continuing the traditions of the resort when the sale was made.
    This is a MAJOR JACKASS statement!! As someone who spent the majority of my career in the hospitality business in both resort and business hotels, it is a common practice in the industry to give hosts of groups "freebies" such as rooms, ground transportation, rounds of golf etc (Interestingly, F&B was generally paid by the hosts & not free!!). T/A's usually pay Cost + % for the previously mentioned amenities because T/A's do not usually bring the "one time big money" that group hosts bring.

A host works his/her (usually her) butts off when on-site to ensure that ALL the guests are enjoying themselves and have no troubles. I've seen hosts have to deal with stupid crap like where to find a guest's favourite toothbrush to arranging serious things like sending a guest's body home.

Lest anybody grudge a host for any "nice things" that a hotel may send his/her way, find out what they do and instead give them a big hug and "thank you" for all they do...... (This being Hedo though, I'm sure a "tongue lashing" in the right places would be appreciated just as well )

You convinced us. We have cancelled our trip. Be sure and tell your Hedo management contacts that you convinced a patron of 46 weeks to go else where. Oh and keep you ass off of the bar formerly known as Delroys
    Gee, I hate it when children have temper tantrums and take their toys home...........

Wow, and I am sure my one simple comment was the one and only reason you have decided to cancel your trip. Don't know what your problem is, but I am not part of it, so stop making me out to be the bad guy. I am just trying to defend the place we love that you apparently don't like anymore. Respect

You convinced us. We have cancelled our trip. Be sure and tell your Hedo management contacts that you convinced a patron of 46 weeks to go else where. Oh and keep you ass off of the bar formerly known as Delroys[/QUOTE]

Dick
    Love voodoo fest 2014
    Love voodoo fest 2011
    Love voodoo fest 2010

Gee all I wanted to know is how Delroy was doing after being off sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada fun View Post
    Gee all I wanted to know is how Delroy was doing after being off sick.
    lol guess you would call this drifting, lol

But regarding the original topic, we have friends from the group getting back today and I will see if they heard anything and let you know, I know they were curious about it too

[QUOTE=HedofunA_B;214337]
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Hedo is still there as we love it and it is improving so if you aren't looking forward to the 'new' Hedo and the new management as you say, then there are lots of other resorts out there that will be happy to take your money. Respect

With only 11 posts (most of them on this thread) I must say that you've really made a good first impression on this forum! Or is this? You sound oddly familiar to another person that had issues here a little while ago... Not sure that anyone here will be bringing up your concerns to Hedo management but I hope you enjoy your vacation wherever you end up going.

Cheers!

I don't understand why you can't be happy with some of the new managements changes and disgusted by other changes. Delroy and Scumba brought a lot to their resort. They should remember that they are making their money on the backs of these employees
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

[QUOTE=gsml;214347]

With only 11 posts (most of them on this thread) I must say that you've really made a good first impression on this forum! Or is this? You sound oddly familiar to another person that had issues here a little while ago... Not sure that anyone here will be bringing up your concerns to Hedo management but I hope you enjoy your vacation wherever you end up going.

Cheers!
    You are right!! She/They sound very familiar to the person about 6-8 months ago!!!! Must have gone off the medication again.........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast