Thread: Single Male Question

Question Single Male Question

I've been reading quite a bit here on this site about how single males have to prove they're not jerks to be able to socialize. Are single males actually shunned and actively excluded? Or can a single guy join in beach/pool/bar games?

I am planning a trip in April. I want to go sit on a beach for a few days. I am interested in trying the nude sunbathing thing for the first time in my life. But, I would also like to indulge in some good conversation and laughter during the evenings with a fun crowd.

Are there any single guys on this forum that can relate past experiences? Or, since I notice a lot of couples on here, can any of you shed some light on this subject. I'm not a vinnie or a wally, but I don't want to feel like I'm on some sort of trial every day of my vacation. I'm a nice, separated 40 YO who needs a vacation and some laughter.

Please post or pm me. Thanks for your help.
    Breathe...Relax...Drink ...Nothing is forever.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

When we are at Hedo 2 every Spanksgiving there are single guys and they don't have a problem partying with everyone.I think it is all about your attitude, if you go there looking to have a great time and not looking to get "lucky",you will have a good time,and you just might get "lucky" as a bonus. Go and have a good time and you will be wanting to go back as soon as you can!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Thanks Critter. Sounds like a plan. I want to have a fun, yet relaxing vacation and I want to have some new experiences.

I'm going skydiving this weekend. I hope I make it. I don't want death to ruin my trip to Hedo.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

One thing to understand about Hedo is that most of the people who come there are open-minded, friendly, and polite. As long as you're not pushy, you won't be shunned or excluded in an manner than might be considered rude. I'm a single guy a few years older than you, and I went to Hedo III for the first time last November, and had a really good time.

There are many more single guys than single females so like critter2 basically said, don't tie your enjoyment to whether you get laid or not. Just be friendly to EVERYONE, male, female, young, old, any nationality, vacationer, or staff member. People, especially women, will notice that. Obnoxious people really stand out in a bad way at Hedo.

Go dancing every night. This is a must.

Find out when people are leaving. They will be more open-minded and more friendly on their last night, especially if they haven't done anything wild on their trip.

Enjoy.

When are you going? My husband and I are going for the first time in June (9th-16th). We plan on socializing with everyone! We will be there for the fun! From what we have heard, you shouldn't have any trouble having fun!

I'll be at Hedo 2 from 4/19 - 4/25. Hopefully I'll get to meet some fun people and have some laughs. Laughter is a big part of my life and I love doing it.
    If you see a guy laying by the pool reading a book, drinking beer and smoking, that will probably be me.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Me and Hubby will be there from april 21-27 with a group, we are also from NC. I know we (the group) have discussed this, now, the word I have heard is as long as you are not trying to jump inbetween couples and staring, taking pictures etc , be friendly and just normal you should be fine. If you sit there staring at all the PDA's and be obnoxious you may have a horrible time lol. If you see us, say hey!!
    Angela

Thumbs up

I'm back! I just had the best vacation of my life! This was the most relaxing, yet fun, place I have ever visited. I met the best people. I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt.

Angela, I think we met. Were you hanging out near the main pool on your first evening with a few other couples that are part of Biff's bunch?

My fears were for nothing. From my first day there I met some great people and we spent a lot of time laughing. I DID get to see Vinnies and Wallys. But I met a lot of longtime Hedo visitors and they made me very welcome.

Now I know why everyone refers to this place as home.

I'll be back home in 350 days and counting.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Its great to hear that you had nothing to worry about and made some great friends!! Sounds like you had a blast!
    Jason and Deanna June 2009