Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music At Hedo...

Music At Hedo...

Does anyone know if there has ever been a survey or some other form of collecting info about the kinds of music people want to hear at Hedo? I am not at all complaining here as I definitely heard some good music the last time I was at Hedo but I'd like to get a sense of what others think.

If it were up to me to d.j. and I confess, I'm not a d.j., I would do what every excellent wedding d.j. does; play a mix of music that gets people of all ages present moving and feeling. Why not a mix of the greatest rock, dance, country and reggae songs from the 50's to the present? People feel great when they feel a sense of connection to the music that's being played. The d.j. who played at the pool party I was at with W.W.V. played a fun mix of dance and rock from 80's to present.

What about having an oldies or reggae or you name the genre theme night at the disco?

Personally my least favorite is when a short list of songs are played on repeat. Or when it's too loud.

If you were the d.j., what would you play?

Wait, my real least favorite is musak; which is a form of musical bastardization where the life is sucked out of great classics and they are reduced to elevator music.

Registered User mustanggirl0401's Avatar
    We'll weigh in on this. At the disco it's great to have music you can dance to. We don't mind the hits and classics...some pop, disco, dance, hip-hop, whatever. Anywhere else we only want to hear island music (no..not Jimmy Buffet), strictly Reggae and local music. Thats simply our preference. We don't go to JA or Cuba or wherever to listen to Beyonce...we want to feel the rhythm of the island...be it reggae, ska, or in the latin countries, salsa. We have been at resorts where people are bold enough to turn off the local music playing at the bar and impose their country or whatever music from their ipods through a speaker without any regard for the rest of us. Again...just our opinion...hey..when in Rome

Thanks for sharing mustanggirl0401. When we imagine being on a Caribbean vacation, don't we hear steel drums? Part of getting away means getting away from the familiar (ie top 40 etc.) and taking in the island-ness. I've heard others share that same idea. While I am open to hearing non-local music during vacation, particularly during dance parties, I often wished that the pool-side daytime music was exclusively local, both classic and contemporary local stuff.

I would like to hear more reggae at the pool or elsewhere. For the disco, I don't mind the nice booty shaking music (as long as I don't go deaf while there). But like Cinnamonflixxx, I don't ever want to hear the same song more than once a night! There is too much music to have to hear the same song twice in a night. Outside of the disco, reggae for sure. However, there is some good reggae influenced dance music that would be great to hear too since they don't play it here in the states!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Registered User mustanggirl0401's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    I would like to hear more reggae at the pool or elsewhere. For the disco, I don't mind the nice booty shaking music (as long as I don't go deaf while there). But like Cinnamonflixxx, I don't ever want to hear the same song more than once a night! There is too much music to have to hear the same song twice in a night. Outside of the disco, reggae for sure. However, there is some good reggae influenced dance music that would be great to hear too since they don't play it here in the states!
    agreed

"For the disco, I don't mind the nice booty shaking music (as long as I don't go deaf while there). "

If you didn't get to hear some booty shaking music while at Hedo, that would be a crime. A booty like yours has got to shake ;-)
    Last edited by cinnamonflixxx; 08-13-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonflixxx View Post
    "For the disco, I don't mind the nice booty shaking music (as long as I don't go deaf while there). "

If you didn't get to hear some booty shaking music while at Hedo, that would be a crime. A booty like yours has got to shake ;-)
    Thanks! Last year Winston announced to the Nude Pool that I have a Jamaican booty..I believe that is a good thing!!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Blog Entries
    reggae is ok.... but we rather hear a mix of everything... if they was to play reggae all day long at the resort we would not like it.... so the mix that we here when we are there is good with us.....
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

They use to have a steel drum band playing on jamaican night, haven't seen it in a while - I miss that, it was an awesome show.

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    Thanks! Last year Winston announced to the Nude Pool that I have a Jamaican booty..I believe that is a good thing!!
    No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by foxxyandhound View Post
    reggae is ok.... but we rather hear a mix of everything... if they was to play reggae all day long at the resort we would not like it.... so the mix that we here when we are there is good with us.....
    Ok Fair, but tell me, do you enjoy Musak, ie smooth jazz, ie adult contemporary? I'm guessing no. They played a mix of that and good reggae during the day in the main dining room. I wondered why and then it just occurred to me that maybe it's 'cause they don't have license outside of hired d.j.s to play certain music. Why else play elevator music? Does anybody actually enjoy that stuff?

Hi foxxyandhound, I just realized my last comment was probably a non sequitur to your point. Anyway, glad you shared your preferences. Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonflixxx View Post
    Ok Fair, but tell me, do you enjoy Musak, ie smooth jazz, ie adult contemporary? I'm guessing no. They played a mix of that and good reggae during the day in the main dining room. I wondered why and then it just occurred to me that maybe it's 'cause they don't have license outside of hired d.j.s to play certain music. Why else play elevator music? Does anybody actually enjoy that stuff?
    alittle of everything would be good... we are not hard to please....you mean theres things that happen in the main dinning room in the days???? lol... to hard to get of the beach to know...lol
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Blog Entries
    With so much musical talent in Jamaica, old and new, I just wish they'd showcase the Jamaican artists. I can't keep up with all the Reggae, Dancehall, Soul, Jazz, and more. Jamaica has a musical festival (www.reggaesumfest.com) which is attended by thousands every year showcasing these artists.

Instead the crowd seems to just want to hear top 40, because that what they play and everyone seems to be okay with it.

The first time I ever visited the place I had a Bob Marley mix of some hot re-mixes on CD (back in the day), Scumba put it on and sure enough five minutes later he gave me a high five while re-filling my cup as the place was jumpin'

The next year upon arrival at the nude pool I asked Scumba "remember me" his response was "Yea Mon you brought the CD last year, we are still playing it". They played it for three years till the CD player broke down.

That said, I've found so much Reggae that is so hip and so fun I have to bring my own boombox so I can play it in my room or on the beach when the pool DJ isn't blasting, but that is just my preference.

I wish they could just at least do a Reggae afternoon or a Reggae day at the pool. The only Jamaican stuff I've heard at the disco could barely be danced to and it was way to loud, and I like loud. I think they've adjusted that problem since, but I haven't been to the disco in a while.

Cheers all
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast