Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple solution for the music volume problem

I know they are trying to build the community on that site, but for Hedo management to not be monitoring this site (and Trip Advisor) isn't very smart. There is some great advice given out on here by people who have been to Hedo multiple times. Management should not only be using that advice, but should be in here being part of the conversation. They can dispel rumours, provide updates on renovations and changes, and engage with their clients. Saying they've built this new site and people can sign up there to offer suggestions is good, but not client-centred. This community already exists. Utilize it.

By the way, we also dislike music that is played too loudly.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

I know they do come on sometimes, but I know the new site is closely monitored, so I thought that would be a good way to get our voices heard
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    I know they are trying to build the community on that site, but for Hedo management to not be monitoring this site (and Trip Advisor) isn't very smart. There is some great advice given out on here by people who have been to Hedo multiple times. Management should not only be using that advice, but should be in here being part of the conversation. They can dispel rumours, provide updates on renovations and changes, and engage with their clients. Saying they've built this new site and people can sign up there to offer suggestions is good, but not client-centred. This community already exists. Utilize it.
    Reps from Hedo do monitor this site as well as Trip Advisor. Kevin is usually the one on TA which is how it should be as the General Manager. This site is not all Hedo all the time and it is not their site. They built the Hedo Community so that they would have more information in their own format. If you are on Facebook, there is a Hedonism II CLOSED group that those in power as well as reps from the reservation department are monitoring all the time.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    If you are on Facebook, there is a Hedonism II CLOSED group that those in power as well as reps from the reservation department are monitoring all the time.
    Good idea, just started a thread on there

Perhaps they need someone to help with their social and digital media marketing... I could be up for a change of employer, given the perks.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

I just wish they would quick playing techno. Maybe there is a reason the disco is empty most nights. How about some 80's, 90's and 00's classic rock. But again, people have been complaining for years and nothing changes. Just try and request a song. Never gets played.
    Last edited by koolio61; 08-05-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Good idea, just started a thread on there
    And I commented
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

I am rather surprised to see that a good chunk of people on fb have no problem with the noise level in the disco, main diningroom during the show and the recent level at the nude pool. Interesting.....

I have not experienced the new Nude Pool volume, but it better not be too bad. Disco needs to come down about a notch or two, the dining room doesn't bother me too much in the beginning, but when the "entertainment" starts, it can also come down a notch or two. Basically, if I have to yell in someones ear for them to hear me talk (and I have a loud voice, ask my husband), then it is way too loud.

I was also surprised at how many people were ok with the noise level, especially in the Disco, I haven't ever come out of there without ringing ears. I don't go in there often anymore either.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

I don't think the resort DJ for the nude pool was there yet in Feb was he? DJ Shampoo (if that is who is still there). It was so loud that when we were sitting in the corner under Delroy's street sign the person directly across from me could not hear my unless I spoke quite loud and leaned over the table. I asked the resort DJ to turn it down a lot and it was great on the days that the group DJ went on as they played at an acceptable level. It got to a point that I politely told him that a bunch of us were going to clear out of the pool if he did not keep the volume down as people were getting pissed. He finally listened but would occasionally creep it back up and I would just look at him and give him the thumbs down and he would turn it down. Some of the EC's from the beach would come and turn it back up and then he would turn it back down. The DJ and one EC actually got into a heated discussion (nothing nasty) about the volume cause the EC came to turn it up and the DJ said that people in the pool were complaining (I was NOT the only one who went and complained to him) and the EC wanted to turn it up for people on the beach (since apparently they couldn't hear it). A simple solution to that would be to either point the speakers to the beach or get a cordless speaker for the beach so they didn't have to crank it so much.

As for the diningroom - once the nightly entertainment comes on the volume goes WAY up and gets too loud. The disco, I know it is a disco and is suppose to be loud and not a social place, but that is just way too loud. Before I meant hubby I went clubbing twice a week and would frequent different clubs all around and I have never been in a club that was that loud!!!
    Last edited by mac_r_a; 08-05-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan_Elizabeth View Post
    We take earplugs with us
    You can even colour coordinate them with your pasties on lingerie and pasties night! Or wear glow-in-the-dark ones on rave nights!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    Perhaps they need someone to help with their social and digital media marketing... I could be up for a change of employer, given the perks.
    They actually have a new web mistress who monitors all the social media sites.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    They actually have a new web mistress who monitors all the social media sites.
    HELLO MRS WEB MISTRESS.... we like to talk and make friends, that's why we keep spending our hard earned at your resort....... PLEASE TURN THE VOLUME DOWN.

Yes Janet - PLEASE GET THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME!!!!

We both value our hearing (one of us is a professional musician, so functioning ears == livelihood). We used ear plugs in the piano bar and in the disco ... we stayed for the piano bar but bailed on the disco because it was too loud even with reasonably good quality ear plugs.

The volume at the pool was fine at times and WAY TOO LOUD at others.

For us, HURTFUL MUSIC VOLUME is an issue that significantly hinders our enjoyment of the place, to the point of being a real negative.

(Now, I wonder if anyone was listening to that rant.)
    Last edited by 2Nats; 08-06-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast