Thread: July 17-25, 2014

Thumbs up July 17-25, 2014

July 17-25, 2014
    Trip #17
    (non-lifestyle single gal)

Another single gal friend and I decided that we would try a new week at the zoo. We both overlapped with the large Fluff group so we could see our good friends and then dove ‘head’ first into the next week (literally - she got her advanced diving cert there).

Soon after arriving at the resort, I was given a room up from the spa, which is both a quiet and easy to get to location. My safe wasn’t working, but soon after reporting it, they had a technician come and change out the batteries. Otherwise I didn’t have any room issues all week other than some ants that were attracted to some food brought in by a new fren of mine. The room had the refurbished colors and linens including new bed-side rugs with anti-slip guards. The phone worked for those ‘you wouldn’t believe….’ and ‘get out of the room’ calls my gal friend would make at key times.

The weather was perfect, only rained a couple days in the afternoon – it was more like ‘February’ weather, other than being very hot. The pool felt like bath water and everyone was in it pretty much all day long.

As part of an inside joke, a tea set was brought down for a gal friend who we nicknamed ‘Princess’. I don’t think the staff had ever seen peeps in the pool drinking out of toy tea cups and the ones who were got tipsy a bit faster doing so!

The new security staff seemed very strict about having layers on during the day on the wild side, even bottoms and repeat guests who wanted to sit with a wrap while they ate.

Overall, the week had a more diverse group of people present (several groups-no ‘takeover’ – everyone was treated the same), was full of all-day open activity and probably had a higher % of peeps in the ‘style’ than I was used to having at other times. This isn’t a bad thing, just very different and I keep learning – though no conversion has happened yet! There was a great DJ (Flames) brought in for afternoon pool music and several times there were trays of jello shots being passed around and more.

They had a cruise mid-week to ‘Half Moon Beach’ which is a property just up the coast from the resort, instead of Rick’s. I didn’t go because it was at the same time as the repeater party. It was a good call, because I won the 5-free nights this time. Yeah!

The group also brought in a blow up waterslide that was self-contained and placed on the beach near the bar. People really had fun until unfortunately an awesome, high-energy lady got hurt (med-vac’d to the states). They had night parties in the spa, but I didn’t end up going to these - was busy hanging with peeps in the pool, piano bar or disco. There was also a pool party for PJ night, where I was enjoying the pool water (very warm night). Also, accidentally fell pool-side even though I was being careful…no harm done.

The courtyard area is walled off on all sides and had a layer of crushed gravel down in preparation for the new paver system (see pics). This made the dining room warmer since there was less air flow from that end. There was a free wifi ‘hotspot’ that could be used next to the courtyard construction walls. It was slow, but good enough for checking into flights, etc.

The temporary/new (back) entrance for the piano bar was through an opening located between Harrysans and the DJ booth. It was rumored that this area would be done in August, not so sure based on what I saw…

Deon and Stephanie are back at the piano bar and we also had some very talented guests. 2 different guests did hip-hop songs ‘Holiday Inn’ and a ‘Baby got back’ medley that really got the crowd going. Stephanie would sing, but soon after would start handing the microphone off to guests so they could sing parts and Deon made sure guests had a chance to sing if they wanted to do so. They are off Tuesday and Wednesdays. The back wall being removed really allows for a larger space to sit and still view the piano area, but the A/C wasn’t quite keeping up with the number of people present.

We introduced new people to Eldon’s Bob Marley shots, which became an initiation of sorts. They are still shots that make peeps go ‘oh sh--' after drinking. The bartenders everywhere were excellent. They had a new intern down at the wild side and he said he was very happy about being at the zoo for various funny reasons.

There was an outside singer, Alecia Flemmings, brought in during the week who was excellent. Great voice and energy. Even poked some fun at me for laughing, me…laughing??

Memories (most vague to protect the not-so-innocent)

• Meeting new friends who were fun and amazing peeps and being welcomed by peeps who I hadn’t seen in (4-8) years equally.

• Learning how egg whites and conditioner can be used in movies and how ‘grandma’ and ‘hairy butts’ are sometimes needed to slow things down.

• Hearing someone say, “they’re either ‘newlywed’ or ‘newly laid’” in reference to dancing with a ‘hubby’.

• A few guys who expressed interest in men (had some smiling and watching, and others evading) – ‘blocking’ was for both men and women this time! No worries, Respect for all was still #1.

• A staff/fren being protective for this single gal and dancing to country music near the wild side bar.

• Pussy Cat song (Connie Vannett) sung by one of my best gal friends (#Boo, #TickTock)

• Hearing about someone dipping their post-midnight pizza in the pool and eating it…hmm…pool water ≠ tomato sauce!! Followed by the re-appearance of the Greek buffet and ‘Baklava’! Cheers to the ‘Legend’, mi fren.

• A lady who could put her leg straight above her head in the piano bar who also creatively served a jello shot in the pool.

• For Swiss Navy making its presence known on several occasions with much appreciation wherever it happened to appear.

• Someone telling me I treat the staff like family and my thinking, how else is there…they have been part of my life for 10 years...

• Being able to fill up on so much positive affection that my batteries were re-charged and my pre-trip spine pain disappeared after only a few days.

• Winning 5 free nights, so I can go back home next year!!

There are a few more memories, but think I will keep those in safe-keeping! Hehe!

Lesson learned: various groups being present at the zoo makes a huge difference in activity level and general environment – some may like it and others may not. Know who will be in house when you rsvp.

Always say I have never had a trip where I didn’t learn or see something new and this one was the same. Next year, soon come!

2259 Rm View3.jpg
    Courtyard1.jpg
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Great report
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Your report summed it up well. Was a great week!
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

We were there at the same time and loved your report. Fun was had by all and I was so glad that every group was so inclusive.
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Excellent report, thanks for posting (photos too). Sounds like you has a blast. Sorry to read that some one was seriously injured.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

It is always a great time there! Thanks! I really am hopeful the lady who was hurt will return in good health - she is an amazing lady!

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, what a great time and report and some of the info was echoed by a couple of my Krewe members who were there then also but could not make it on our June trip....

Thanks for all the efforts in putting it in writing.

Excellent report,thanks for sharing!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Great report! Sounds like you had an amazing time.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Yup, already booked for Feb - hope to use my free nights...

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info