Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Me in Profiles

Hedo II, Negril. Anywhere else does not matter
    Blog Entries

About Me in Profiles

Many members have no information about them, their interests or almost nothing in their "about me" area. I guess most people join the Forum to interact. It is very difficult to interact with people who provide no information about them? What do you think? Should some of the information be made compulsory so that all members are somewhat equal as per each other's information? I think the interest, stutus and bio should be required at registration time so that there is like for like interaction.
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2005
    Desire - July 2007 -
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2009 ( closed now)
    Hedo 2 - Lovevoodoo Nov. 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 -
    No Swim Suit - March 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 -
    4th July Week - July 2015,2016 - 5th March to 13th March 2016
    Feb17-25 2017. 27 Oct to 5th Nov 2017:
    Mar 2-11 2018; March 29-April 7 2019:
    Coming Up 29th Oct - 6th Nov 2021.
    www.amazon.com/author/venusshaw
    www.swingersexdiaries.com
    https://www.swingtowns.com/like/eroticavenus

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Yes and no.Yes,I think people should post at least a little bit about themselves like age and life experiences and preferences etc.but,no,it should not be mandatory.Lack of pics I totally understand but not one word about your age,location,hobbies,preferences etc.,seriously?

We like "creeping" other people's profiles to get to know a bit about them while chatting on the forum, but think providing such info should be voluntary. We filled out ours.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Blog Entries
    I agree not personal ASL information, but why should anyone connect if you do not provide your preferences, experiences, interests? What does a blank 'About Me' mean? Or may be it should be reciprocal, only those who provide information should access information - Like for Like. Currently, it is kind of unfair. Someone visits your profile, you wish to reciprocate, you go there, and you find nothing!
    Desire - July 2007 -

I would like some info on people on here. I don't need your phone number but a few things would be nice. I like bio's anyway so it's sort of my thing...I just like to know someone.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

I think info in profiles is really a personal choice. There is really no way to assure the integrity of any information someone posts, until you have met that person or couple. As discretion is a must for most of us, I can understand why someone may not wish any real information be available to the general forum population. Heck, if you get comfortable with a fellow member, you can always swap private messages.

...just saying...

on the lighter side...Karen and I find some of the profile pictures and avatars interesting and entertaining
    Last edited by rkd2013; 07-31-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Karen & Richard
    Hedonism 2 - Nov 18-25, 2014
    Saint Maarten - Club Orient & Orient Beach - Jan 16-26, 2015
    Desire RM - Apr 13-22, 2015
    Saint Maarten - Orient Beach - Nov 22-Dec 6, 2015
    Saint Maarten - Nov 21-Dec 5, 2016
    Desire Pearl - May 11-May19, 2017
    Bliss Cruise - Nov 25 -Dec 3, 2017

Blog Entries
    Yes, of course each one to themselves. personally, we like to know gender, interests, what they are looking for and next trip before clicking on send message. It is frustrating that someone repeatedly visits your profile - I have 7000 visits in 5 years and hardly get to know many. I see it as a missed opportunity to make connections of like minded people.
    Desire - July 2007 -

I think most people when they find this site are so keen to register and see what its all about just skip whatever they can or put in the minimum required, then forget to update. Thanks for the reminder..

I must agree, a lot of times I will click on a profile and would love to know whether it is a couple or a single, also where they are from (ish) and their approx. ages.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

This is a great thread, and let me be clear we did not have any info in our about me section. I added a little bit just because of this thread. Will keep adding more as my wife and I get closer to our virgin trip. Maybe my wife will let me add a pic soon. Soon come, mon!

Registered User mustanggirl0401's Avatar
    As a first time contributor let me give our side. For many like us, discretion is so very important. That's not to say that anyone here thinks or would act otherwise but sometimes it's simply a matter of time to get in and try the water. If you are truly curious about someone...maybe just ask and they will tell you...or maybe not. I don't consider looking at someone's profile to be creeping...it's there for that purpose, but I do understand and respect someone's need for privacy be it for professional or personal reasons. The board is open to pretty much anyone who has an email so especially for newbies I can totally relate to a certain amount of "shyness". Many of you have met each other before and have already established trusting friendships whereas some of us are treading into new territory. It'll come. Hi, by the way ��

Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    I would like some info on people on here. I don't need your phone number but a few things would be nice. I like bio's anyway so it's sort of my thing...I just like to know someone.
    You can have our phone number
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustanggirl0401 View Post
    As a first time contributor let me give our side. For many like us, discretion is so very important. That's not to say that anyone here thinks or would act otherwise but sometimes it's simply a matter of time to get in and try the water. If you are truly curious about someone...maybe just ask and they will tell you...or maybe not. I don't consider looking at someone's profile to be creeping...it's there for that purpose, but I do understand and respect someone's need for privacy be it for professional or personal reasons. The board is open to pretty much anyone who has an email so especially for newbies I can totally relate to a certain amount of "shyness". Many of you have met each other before and have already established trusting friendships whereas some of us are treading into new territory. It'll come. Hi, by the way ��
    Don't worry,I checked your profile...sorta vague....but I bet you're THAT GIRL who drives a
    Ford Mustang!Nice taste in cars there,ma'am,but they are hard for us old folks to get out of.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by mustanggirl0401 View Post

We also like to know more about other members, but do not think it right to make the provision of such information compulsory. In any event there is no way to ensure the information is accurate anyway. If people want to share more information in a public way, so much the better. If not, then we can always exchange more details privately. With that said I think it is advantageous for people to put as much information in their profile as they feel comfortable with. Those with little to no information, and no picture of any kind are much less apt to get replies in a social forum such as this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast