Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cliques at H2?

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Walk up to anyone or a group and say hello. It can be the start of a new friendship.
    Bang on... Sometimes people of similar interests gravitate toward each other, but are never closed off to meeting new folks. I've found that the vast majority of us who go on a regular basis, are just by nature very welcoming and open (or we wouldn't be there, grin). As a matter of fact, if we see a new shy couple or solo off by themselves, we usually introduce ourselves right away, and make them more comfortable... All the regulars tend to do this. Just jump in the nude pool, wedge your way in between the bar stools to order a drink, and anyone who is sitting there will surely introduce themselves and welcome you especially if you're new to Hedo.
    ---------------------------------
    Hedo III - Feb 20-27, 2010
    Hedo II - Feb 19-26, 2011
    Hedo II - Mar 2-9, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2014
    ---------------------------------

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4all View Post
    Many of us know each other solely from this forum and others have met at the resort and reconnected afterwards. If you decide to go the Hedo I think you'll find that most groups are much less "cliquey" than anywhere in the world. Most of the people there are welcoming and enjoy including strangers. This forum is an excellent way to get acquainted as well as share your experiences and plan your next trip.
    Yep,this forum is a great way to meet people.I actually found ATF thru an attempt to find a Caliente Tampa forum to find people who were going there etc.In the end, "all roads lead to HEDO".Glad we have found it(too late in life though) and it has been the vacation of a lifetime twice now.Third one is way overdue in April '15.Counting the days............

Blog Entries
    Getting naked in front of others in a (sort-of) public setting like Hedo, or clubs in Texas, means you probably aren't as shy or introverted as you think! It helps a lot to "break the ice" by communicating with people and travel groups on this or similar websites who will be at Hedo the same time as you. Check out the calendar feature to see who will be at Hedo the same time as you, put your screenname on that calendar, and email those people. You can arrange online to meet people for drinks immediately upon your arrival at Hedo. My best Hedo trip ever occurred after spending weeks in advance communicating with fellow travelers on this site and others. Advanced prep really pays off in more enjoyable Hedo vacation!

There was definitely some clique-ishness when we went in May, but so many more people were so friendly and outgoing that we (semi-professional wallflowers) had a stunningly great time (it was our first visit too). People just came up and said hi, over and over (different people, I mean).

We keep looking for a similar environment back home to the nude Hedo hot tub, but we haven't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
    My best Hedo trip ever occurred after spending weeks in advance communicating with fellow travelers on this site and others. Advanced prep really pays off in more enjoyable Hedo vacation!
    I totally agree. Getting to know people in your group before you go takes a lot of stress out of the trip. I've been honored to get to know folks in six different groups, and I think the world of all of them!!
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

What are some other sites or places to chat with others?

We will let you know...we arrive sunday just in time for church...aka, nude pool bar.

Thanks for all the responses. Can't wait to make some new friends. With the two groups that are going to be there over New Years there should be plenty of opportunities! Guess I will just have to be outgoing. Don't pick on me when I blush!

[QUOTE=Val84;212248]What are some other sites or places to chat with others?[/QUOT

If you have a Facebook account, there is a Hedonism II group
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by Val84 View Post
    There is also a new Hedo Community http://community.hedonism.com?ap_id=macra
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texascpl View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Can't wait to make some new friends. With the two groups that are going to be there over New Years there should be plenty of opportunities! Guess I will just have to be outgoing. Don't pick on me when I blush!
    We arrive on the 30th.
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Yes, but you have to accept us when we "Friend" you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Val84 View Post
    Not sure for Hedo. The new Hedo community site isn't very good. But if you like to cruise check out alreadybooked.com. That's close to being a perfect site for getting to know folks before you travel.

I'm in marketing and websites/social media and see such a missed opportunity with these sites. For instance Hedo has a large enough community for a dedicated site, but it can't be a user pay site like the new one (although there is a free option).

Having sites where people can connect before traveling or to plan trips, get advice, etc. should be high on the priority list for a resort like Hedo, but thus far nobody I've seen has figured out the right formula (but alreadybooked is close).

And Facebook isn't going to cut it unless you're fine with your friends and family knowing you're a fan of the Hedo page.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    And Facebook isn't going to cut it unless you're fine with your friends and family knowing you're a fan of the Hedo page.
    This has been the problem for us, and the facebook page can also be very judgmental. Before our first trip I joined the facebook page and it almost scared us from our trip. Thankfully we were paid in full so we went anyways. Best thing we ever did. So newbies that join should remember to proceed with caution.
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Quote Originally Posted by details024 View Post
    This has been the problem for us, and the facebook page can also be very judgmental. Before our first trip I joined the facebook page and it almost scared us from our trip. Thankfully we were paid in full so we went anyways. Best thing we ever did. So newbies that join should remember to proceed with caution.
    We don't want anyone knowing where we are going. We are the "nice" couple that would never even think of going nude or doing any PDA's. It just wouldn't be a good thing around here. We will post pretty openly on here and on the private group facebood page. I wish we could be more open about it like some can on here but it's just not in the cards for us. It's very hard to visit the best place on earth where you can actually be who you are and not tell people. Such is life...better safe than sorry...the world just doesn't understand how wonderful it is to really be free to be yourself.
    Brian and Terri
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast