Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliques at H2?

Cliques at H2?

The wife and I have been to a clothing optional resort here in Texas, and to a couple of lifestyle clubs around Dallas, and while we had fun together, the crowds were very clique-ish. They hung with their little groups and weren't real welcoming to "outsiders." I am somewhat of an introvert when meeting new people, but I really open up and have a great time once "accepted" into a group. All of our prior experiences we weren't really welcomed so we wound up hanging by ourselves. We are really hoping that Hedo will be different.

Would this forum be a good way to get acquainted with folks who will be there while we are? It seems like a lot of you guys already know one another from prior trips. We will be there from December 27 thru January 2 and are really looking forward to meeting some new people and making some new friends.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Kurtis and Tina

The experience at Hedo is like no other. Everyone is welcoming, never felt that it was clichey.

Hedo II, Negril. Anywhere else does not matter
    Blog Entries
    The experience at Hedo has everything. After all when about 200 people get together in one place you should not expect anything else. There are friendly, unfriendly, cliquish, introverts, extroverts - name them and they are there. When you don't know them, you tend to categorize them into various silos, once you know them, they are all great. For instance, in our last trip, there was another group - Young Swingers. It kind of became young versus older, us versus them. Though many in both groups mingled with each other. so much so that the next LVD group in March is moved a week away from the YS. So my friends, go with an open mind, watch, observe and find your kind. Have a great time.
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2005
    Desire - July 2007 -
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2009 ( closed now)
    Hedo 2 - Lovevoodoo Nov. 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 -
    No Swim Suit - March 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 -
    4th July Week - July 2015,2016 - 5th March to 13th March 2016
    Feb17-25 2017. 27 Oct to 5th Nov 2017:
    Mar 2-11 2018; March 29-April 7 2019:
    Coming Up 29th Oct - 6th Nov 2021.
    www.amazon.com/author/venusshaw
    www.swingersexdiaries.com
    https://www.swingtowns.com/like/eroticavenus

People seem more open to talk. Most are in a great mood so that helps. It's like anyplace, talk to then see if you click. If you don't fine if you do great. We met some great friends just by a simple hello. One couple we met just walking the beach and we ended up talking standing on the edge of the ocean naked for 40 mins lol. Just smile and be yourself and you will meet so many new friends in a few days. Lifelong friends.
    Last edited by Brian&Terri; 07-28-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Cliques can occur at H2 - friends who have not seen each other for a long time, group "takeover"....but they will not shut you out. Our experience has always been great and new friendships are always formed every trip. This forum is a great spot to chat before the trip.

Walk up to anyone or a group and say hello. It can be the start of a new friendship.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

I have never experienced any kind of clique at Hedo at all. Our group has "adopted" (for lack of a better word) many people who did not book with us and we all hung out. By the end of the week you didn't know who was part of our group and who wasn't. Just walk up to someone and start chatting, it could be at the bar, in the pool, on the beach, at breakfast or wherever. If you see someone you think you want to talk to, just do it, you won't regret it because you will make new friend.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

It will only be cliquish if you let it be. There will be people there in groups talking and laughing and maybe even playing, but if you don't talk to people then you can't know if they would welcome you in. We had a couple this last trip who accused us and some friends of being cliquish (this was late night at the nude bar and they were talking about earlier in the day) and snobby because we were all having fun in the corner laughing and carrying on. I asked why they didn't come over. Their reply was "how do you walk into something like that?" My reply was simple "come over and say hi". I thought it was VERY unfair of these people to accuse me and some of my friends of being cliquish when they were the ones who were too shy to come over and say hi. That was their issue, not mine

Anyway, just wanted to use that as an example. If you are a outgoing person who can stand at the bar and talk to people then you will have a great time at Hedo. If you plan on going and getting a drink and off on your own to sit and expect others to come to you (which may or may not happen) then you might not have as much fun. Does that make sense? Hedo is the most welcoming place in the world, plus you are going over a sold out New Years, so you should make lots of friends.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

People are very open and welcoming.

That said, we found it best to book with a group as most groups have chat groups or FB pages setup to meet and get to know each other before you get to Hedo.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I think it's more of a problem "breaking the ice" for most newbies rather than a real "clique" issue.First visit to a nudist resort in 09 (Caliente Tampa) I wondered who those couples were laughing and having the best time at the pool and thought"who has friends that they bring down here for a nude vacation?"I envied them but they seemed to be so well acquainted I felt like some sort of interloper to try and include us in their good time.It's not that way at Hedo so much because the mood is different there as so many people are "non-locals" and are pretty open to meeting people and talking etc.We still don't bring people with us but we sure do have people we go back to Jamaica that we look forward to hanging out with at the nude pool.Man am I glad we got to experience the fun those people I saw in Tampa were having.It's good to be one of those people now!

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Walk up to anyone or a group and say hello. It can be the start of a new friendship.
    As Hedo Joe says...introduce yourself and you'll fit in quite quickly. People in a gorup don't bite unless you want them too
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Many of us know each other solely from this forum and others have met at the resort and reconnected afterwards. If you decide to go the Hedo I think you'll find that most groups are much less "cliquey" than anywhere in the world. Most of the people there are welcoming and enjoy including strangers. This forum is an excellent way to get acquainted as well as share your experiences and plan your next trip.
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Kurtis and Tina,

You'll be there just after Christmas. The Bare Bottom Bunch is who we go with at this time of year. The house is full for new years and it's a great time to go! Honestly just say hi. Most will say hi back. Make sure you come say hi at the nude pool and get your dick shades!
    Hedo II - Dec 22/14 - Jan 5/15 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 23/13 - Jan 6/14 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 21/12 - Jan 2/13 with the BBB
    Hedo II Dates Dec 23/11 - Jan 7/12 - First Time!!!

Cool

Thanks for all the advice and words of encouragement. Cynwagon, I see yiu will be there while we are. Hope we can meet! One question, what are dick shades? Sound cool, but mine only has the one eye, and it squints most of the time, so shades may not be needed.

Dick shades are a definite! Just think of it as an icebreaker to get you out of your shell! You won't be able to mistake them when they are being worn. Just ask anyone who's wearing them and they'll point you in the right direction to get yours. Can't give away too much info, you just got to see them and then wear them! lol
    Hedo II - Dec 22/14 - Jan 5/15 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 23/13 - Jan 6/14 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 21/12 - Jan 2/13 with the BBB
    Hedo II Dates Dec 23/11 - Jan 7/12 - First Time!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast