Thread: hedo or cruise

hedo or cruise

I've had a friend suggest an all inclusive clothing optional swingers cruise. We have never been on a cruise before, and we have never swing before. Just curious if anyone could give us some info on a lifestyle cruise and what its like, like activities and events. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    June 2013

Our first lifestyle vacation was a cruise (last November). We really enjoyed it, but we made the rookie mistake of not having enough meds with us for headaches or motion sickness. Being Newfoundlanders, we're used to boats and water, but those cruise ships are so big you don't notice the slight swaying that is ever present. We spent most of our week feeling off, with our best night being during a raging storm when the ship was being tossed like a cork and half the ship was sea sick. our beet night's sleep was during that storm ( as that's how a boat is supposed to be on the ocean!).

Bring some motion sickness meds, something for headaches and you'll be fine.

One thing about a cruise is you can have a lot of couples. Some of those boats hold more than 3000 people. That being said, friends we made in our cruise who visit Hedo and cruise regularly said if they could only do one, they'd choose Hedo. It's cheaper too.

Activities seem to be similar to those on the resorts (Mark Maze was on our boat). One thing though - the playroom on the cruise ship was amazing.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    Our first lifestyle vacation was a cruise (last November). We really enjoyed it, but we made the rookie mistake of not having enough meds with us for headaches or motion sickness. Being Newfoundlanders, we're used to boats and water, but those cruise ships are so big you don't notice the slight swaying that is ever present. We spent most of our week feeling off, with our best night being during a raging storm when the ship was being tossed like a cork and half the ship was sea sick. our beet night's sleep was during that storm ( as that's how a boat is supposed to be on the ocean!).

Bring some motion sickness meds, something for headaches and you'll be fine.

One thing about a cruise is you can have a lot of couples. Some of those boats hold more than 3000 people. That being said, friends we made in our cruise who visit Hedo and cruise regularly said if they could only do one, they'd choose Hedo. It's cheaper too.

Activities seem to be similar to those on the resorts (Mark Maze was on our boat). One thing though - the playroom on the cruise ship was amazing.
    Thank you! We have never "played" before. But have talked about it off and on. Is there a good way to start? Things to try 1st?
    June 2013

We prefer the LS Cruises MUCH more!!
    WE have been to Hedo... Enjoyed it, but were disappointed with the amount of NON swingers (or even interested) people there.
    We've been on 2 LS Cruises and LOVED them!! Never had a problem with motion sickness, nor heard of anyone having a problem if they needed to use a patch!
    AMAZING programs, play rooms, themes, speakers, workshops, etc.
    Already have another one booked for Nov. 2015!!

C&C
    Hedo: April 13-20, 2012
    Freedom of the Seas: November 11-18, 2012
    Celebrity from LAX Cruise: May 3-10, 2014
    Bliss Cruise: Nov 29- Dec 6, 2015
    MSC Divina: April 16-23, 2016
    Pre-Cruise Party, April 2, 2016
    Nawty in Nawlins, July 2017
    Independence of the Seas: Nov 11-18, 2018

And VEGAS 1-2 times a Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by ky-hedo View Post
    Thank you! We have never "played" before. But have talked about it off and on. Is there a good way to start? Things to try 1st?
    Talking about it is a very good start. Make sure you are both on the same page, set your boundaries going in and stick with them. Some casual flirting/soft play is always a way to start and see where it goes and how comfortable you are both with that. Take the lead from her, if she is not ready, don't push it.

I prefer Hedo; only done one LS cruise. Cruise was excellent - over the top luxury and the sexual vibe was intense. Plus only couples... But for the price I can go twice as long to Hedo and it's an all-inclusive package which I like over the cruise option.

I am not big on cruises, ports aren't my thing (we could go around in a circle for 7 days 5 miles off the coast and that would be fine with me - don't like to be on a schedule while on vacation) but many enjoy doing excursions at the different ports. Cruise entertainment was ok at best - I am not a fan of mild sexy entertainment when we're naked most of the day and we make our own entertainment later in the evening... The playrooms are awesome and the workshops are very nice and informative, both a big plus over Hedo.

We are doing both next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post
    Talking about it is a very good start. Make sure you are both on the same page, set your boundaries going in and stick with them. Some casual flirting/soft play is always a way to start and see where it goes and how comfortable you are both with that. Take the lead from her, if she is not ready, don't push it.

I prefer Hedo; only done one LS cruise. Cruise was excellent - over the top luxury and the sexual vibe was intense. Plus only couples... But for the price I can go twice as long to Hedo and it's an all-inclusive package which I like over the cruise option.

I am not big on cruises, ports aren't my thing (we could go around in a circle for 7 days 5 miles off the coast and that would be fine with me - don't like to be on a schedule while on vacation) but many enjoy doing excursions at the different ports. Cruise entertainment was ok at best - I am not a fan of mild sexy entertainment when we're naked most of the day and we make our own entertainment later in the evening... The playrooms are awesome and the workshops are very nice and informative, both a big plus over Hedo.

We are doing both next year.
    Thanks for the advice. We too were thinking we may may just do both. Only live once right?
    June 2013