Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TravelSlut's mini- trip report for June 20-30, 2014

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up TravelSlut's mini- trip report for June 20-30, 2014

June 20-30, 2014 was my 10th trip to Hedonism and it was again a great experience for reasons related to the great service, food, drinks, ground and room renovation and remodeling and of course the relaxed, "no problem mon" ambiance and atmosphere. I was there organzing the 8th Annual Krewe de Krazy Life Group Rendezvous in Paradise and there were 5 other groups attending that week too which we meshed with quite well I believe.

From seamless and effortless ground transfer via Rocky's Taxi Service to quick, efficient check-in, my first few hours in Jamaica and at Hedonism II made me feel comfortable like I was returning home.

As the resort was nearly sold-out during the week I was there, I was surprised to find that there were no unreasonable delays or issues whatsoever.

My garden view regular (renovated) room was very clean, relatively quiet and cool (with the exception of 1 day where the air conditioning for part of resort was out of service due to a chiller water line break and those affected received a free day). The newly remodeled rooms are very nice as evidenced by the reports from people in my Krewe de Krazy Life Group and others who shared their room evaluations.

Overall, service quality resort-wide continues to be excellent, food (including the nude grill and Reggae Beachfront Cafe) is across-the-board even more improved from last year and was noted by so many as being great with expanded daily menus and presentations. Drinks were also top shelf and abundant, quick to be made and delivered and available 24/7.

Wi-fi resort wide was good throughout my stay and the new construction of the courtyard area is reported to be an area where free wi-fi will be offered once remodeling is completed.

The piano bar was closed my first two nights due to remodeling but when it opened up (see my photos), the wait was worthwhile and Deon was back working his musical magic!

I thoroughly enjoyed my specialty dining in both the newly expanded Japanese Teppanyaki "Harry San" restaurant and always upscale and Italian-based "Martino's" dining room. The food at Harry Sans was only surpassed by my chef Ricardo's entertaining style and fun attitude while preparing the meals.

While the original jewelry store is gone, Hedo's Gift Boutique has more than made up for its absence with a vastly expanded area and inventory where you can buy everything from souvenirs and clothing to medicines and adult-only accessories.

The fitness center and spa were busy most days and beachside massages were commonplace and people in my group said they really enjoyed the massage experiences.

The nude and clothing optional beaches were popular throughout the day and the swimming/wading area seemed larger and more free of plant life and even those pesky sea urchins. Plenty of new padded loungers were available although they were scarce late in the afternoons at the nude pool.

The nude pool continues to be the most popular gathering area for guests, especially noon-7 pm and it was nice to see that Hedo supplied at least three bartenders each afternoon so drink waiting times were minimal. The nude pool grill also offered a larger, varied menu and of course, the post-midnight pizza offerings were delicious.

When the nude pool got to be too crowded or noisy (with the games & contests), I walked back to the main pool by the main dining area or to the beachfront pool near the disco & Reggae Cafe for some quiet time. Drinks were also close by. The main pool is totally clothing-optional and it also served as the staging area for several parties during the week including the "Glow stick" party complete with DJ while the adjacent Disco hosted several "Meet and Greets" plus a "Foam Party" and contest during "PJ/Lingerie" night. The attached water slide was popular both day and night and it continues to be a wild, fast slide into the disco pool.

The Entertainment Crew at Hedonism is unmatched compared to the many other Caribbean resorts I've been to, and you will not find a harder working or more dedicated, friendly and talented group of actors/dancers/singers both on-stage or throughout the resort at various functions and venues.

I enjoyed my interactions at Hedo with two of their regular on-site vendors---Christopher the wood carver (who finished a commemorative plaque highlighting my 10 trips) and Kevin the rock painter who did a great Krewe de Krazy Life rock for our group that is currently on the ground outside of Martino's.

Staff at Hedonism continues to be responsive and attentive and that contributes greatly to a stress-less vacation.

Improvements, renovations, and remodeling/construction continues at Hedonism II but as I discovered during my stay, it had very little impact on me throughout my vacation.

While the weather was typical for June in the tropical Caribbean, some rain and thunderstorms did occur for a couple days for a few hours. A word of caution---when it is storming with lightning, get out of the water and into a safe, covered location. Also, when the tiles and walkways get wet, be extremely careful with your footing.

Also, I would recommend that you book Harry San's restaurant early in the evening before the main stage entertainment begins so that you can enjoy your fellow diners and appreciate the culinary skills and entertainment that your chef can provide.

Trip #11 for me is already scheduled for June 20-27, 2015 and I can't wait to "go home" and be with my Krewe again.

Room Tip: Since some remodeling/renovation of some rooms has been completed, choices have improved dramatically.

Thanks for the updates, can't wait to get back in 277 days lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Great report. We loved Ricardo!!! He was so funny and had the other tables in on his jokes. He's one of the great things about Hedo.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Blog Entries
    I agree....between his handiwork, singing, jokes and good nature..it is was memorable meal and social interaction at our table.

Thanks for the report TS, it is always good to read about the on-going improvements. Must try Harry Sans next trip, Herladyship has now discovered she likes Japanese food. 179 days to go.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    The teppanyaki experience was so much improved both in food and service/entertainment and it did help that we went early in the evening before the music started and I might have set the tone for our table with some of "Ann-tics"---lol.

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Great trip report. I agree, Harry Sans is awesome, a great and entertaining meal. We went twice last time.

Also thanks for posting the renovation and piano bar pics on your Yahoo group and Flickr pages. Any pics/info outta there makes the wait till the next trip a little more bearable.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

The only issue We had was the smell of paint in the piano bar and the crowd at the hot tub during the late night hours. Thanks for the review!

Blog Entries
    Yes, the smell of new paint & floor varnish was strong in the piano bar and that is why I spent time back in the "card" room where the 2 (two) air conditioners kept everyone cool, the couches were comfy, the noise level less and still close to the bar!

And yes, the hot tub was VERY busy at night but the pool water temp was warm enough that the Krewe and I could alternate back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCouple View Post
    The only issue We had was the smell of paint in the piano bar and the crowd at the hot tub during the late night hours. Thanks for the review!

Great report as always.
    Thanx for taking the time.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    No worries....my report is nothing compared to your detailed posts and if I can find my notes, I'll do a supplement add with more of the "other" things that people ask about.

Glad you had a wonderful time. Great report. Happy and a bit surprised the piano bar is already re-opened. Lol.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

You mentioned the "newly expanded Japanese Teppanyaki "Harry San" restaurant". Have they expanded it from four table?
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

fantastic trip report! Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaam View Post
    Great trip report. I agree, Harry Sans is awesome, a great and entertaining meal. We went twice last time.

Also thanks for posting the renovation and piano bar pics on your Yahoo group and Flickr pages. Any pics/info outta there makes the wait till the next trip a little more bearable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast