Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're chickens.......

Unhappy We're chickens.......

Well, I think we're going to chicken out on Hedo III. We've done a lot of research and I've read TONS messages, trip reports, etc. I just don't know how much goes on and if its the right place for us. Yes we're just a couple of chickens. We're thinking maybe Couples Negril......has anyone been here before? Of course we may change our minds again.....we can't book our trip until our passports come in....so we still have some time to make the final decision.

Thank you all for your advice about Hedo III.......I just don't know.
    -Peace & Love- H & A

All joking aside, Hedo is a place for everybody. All the sotires that you have heard about and read may be true and may be embelished but essentially everybody there is there for one thing and that is to have a good time. You don't have to be lifestylers to enjoy it. All you really need a an easy going attitude and an ablility to have a good time no matter what. Lat year was our first and we didn't know what we were getting into either. When we got there we were nervous and met other couples and ended up having the best vacation we ever had which is why we are going back this year.

you will regret not going

honestly my husband and I have never swapped, let another guy kiss me or another girl kiss him...let alone anything else....after reading some posts, maybe we are soft lifestylers or whatever since we do enjoy being watched and putting on a show. We have discussed our boundaries and are going with an open mind. If you don't participate...just think of all the "free entertainment" . If that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable there are a ton of places to get away from the action with out being secluded.

Blog Entries
    Being that our first trip to any Hedo at all is this May, I feel that I am not totally qualified to give input on this, but I am going to anyway. Here's the logic my wife and I used when we chose to go.

#1 You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In all seriousness, what's the worst thing that can happen. Really, what's the worst thing.

#2 We wanted to go somewhere with options. There is the prude side if that keeps you comfortable and the nude side if you become comfortable enough. You can choose your own way. At least this way there is a choice to make. It's kinda like a theme park. Just because you go, doesn't mean you have to ride the roller coaster. That's why they have bumper cars too.

#3 We wanted to be able say we had done the nude beach thing before we die. Sounds dramatic, but it's true. I told my wife that there were a handful of things I wanted to do before they put 6 feet of dirt on top of me. So, I'm gonna do it.

#4 If shyness is the issue, there should be no issue. If I've read it once, I've read it a thousand times---NOBODY WILL BE LOOKING AT YOU, OR JUDGING YOU. I really get the gist that any and all paranoia is self induced.

#5 If the people weren't totally cool, how would a forum site like this exist. Let alone thrive. Have you ever seen a forum for Sandals, Desire, or any other place. My self included, there seems to be a ton of people that feel so good about this place, they actually spend part of their everyday life, reading and posting about their past and future trips there. I've been to Sandals and I assure you, talking to those we met there, or forming groups after we left, never occurred to me. I'm already posting stuff on here that I plan to do on my trip.

#6 Then there's the dreaded, "what if we missed out on something cool" feeling you will have later by not going.

#7 The place seems to be about so many other things than nudity. Have you seen any posts where people are talking about boobs, c**ks, Butts, or anything else. No. You read about funny stories, crazy sights, fun games, free scuba and such. Yea, you read about some PDA's, but you also read that if you are only going in hopes to spend your vacation watching that stuff, don't go, because sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

To sum up, don't regulate yourself so strongly. My understanding is that Hedo is what you make of it---no more, no less. Don't choose a different place and leave yourself nothing to choose from.

You will likely be the same as hundreds who are part of this forum, up to your ears in new lifetime friends and wondering what the heck you were ever nervous for.

Hope you go. If not, hope you have a great vacation wherever you choose. Just be sure to check back and read my trip report upon our return after May 12th. It should have some good insight, from a 1st timer point of view...
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 03-09-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Unhappy

I just don't know. Its not the nudity thing that is getting us (that is why our second choice is Couples Negril - they have a nude beach). We're very intimidated by others having sex out in the open. I have heard so many stories about "yeah it was great putting on a show in front of everyone" or "I love going down on my girl in front of everyone". We're pretty open minded, but I don't want to spend my entire vacation having to watch other people having sex....I know it won't be happening the entire time, but I'd like to go to the nude pool and not have to watch it all the time... I see nothing wrong with that sort of stuff, it may just be wrong for us. More power to those who can deal with it and who can "put on a show"......I guess maybe we're just a little too square. I'm torn.... I don't know what to do....
    -Peace & Love- H & A

Go and stay on the Prude side if you see PDA's you don't want to see. Whats the problem?
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    Hey gemini,
    Keep in mind, we all have no interest vested in your vacation spot of choice. Nobody wins prize money if they convince you to go. Think about this. You have strangers you have never met (redundant), offering you encouragement. These are the kind of people you will be surrounded by at H3

I think the feedback you are getting is from the heart. I doubt other resorts have crowds like that. Isn't that the kind of folks you want to be around. Ive been to countless places where nobody ever said as much as hi. Anyway, I have a question: How many PDA's have you actually ever been around and what about it made you feel intimidated. Seems to me, all the intimidation should fall on the shoulders of the ones performing. I've heard of "stage fright" but never "audience fright." If one happens (and I understand it's not real common) have fun with it. Put THEM on the spot. Shout out something like "dude, you're doing it wrong" and watch the faces turn red. Make some score cards and tip sheets. Fill out a comment card and give it to them when they are done.

Look, the point is this. You won't see THAT much, unless it's a swing week and who says you won't see much if you go somewhere else anyway. I would guess it's gonna be somewhat of a possibility anywhere you have designated nude areas. If you aren't shy about being nude in public (that would be 98% of all 1st timers problem), I can't imagine you will have a problem with the other stuff.

This really should be something you look forward to. OK, that's it, I just decided for you---you're going. Now, turn off your computer, practice your heckling, and learn how to make a toga. Enjoy H3.

JAnewbies YOU ARE GREAT!!! Hahaha! Ok Gemini Wonder- Here is my 2 cents- Last year was our first time going! We decided to go for 3 days just to check it out. We hear about how great it is but we were nervous and down right curious. I am a 5' 2" self concious female. We went and what we did was go on a tour of the hotel grounds and after that we decided to check out the nude side. We both agreed that we would walk through it with our clothes on and if we felt comfy we would take off our clothes and stay. Ofcourse I led the way becuase I was the one more nervous. I looked around everyone looked like they were having fun just hanging out drinking and playing volleyball! So I found an empty chair took off my clothes and went into the pool. Dh followed right behind and we went straight to the bar before we realized what we were doing. I am not going to lie there are some PDA's but you really have to be looking to notice some of it. Most of the time everyone is just hanging out talking and playing different games most of the time was Volleyball. The 3 days were up and we wanted to stay longer! Now we are going for a week (June 9-16th). I can't wait!! Its the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on! It was also the most fun one too! Our usual types of vacations that get do is Las Vegas, Cancun, and sometimes cruises. This one is the best one!!!

I think JANewbies pretty much covered everything! You can make it what you want to make of it! I 2nd JAnewbie and Get your towels figure out how to make a Toga and GO!!! To Hedo III.

If the PDA's are giving you the willies, yes, they happen. When my wife and
    I made our first trip to HedoII this last December we saw some oral activity
    3 of the 8 afternoons we were there, each day one couple, him on her, another
    couple her on him, the same 2 couples all 3 times. It should be obvious why
    they went to Hedo. Because they like to be watched.

The only other thing was one evening in the main nude hot tub, I noticed a
    woman sitting on her mates lap, facing him, with her arms around his neck.
    The only thing that made me wonder if they were engaged under the
    water was the huge smile on her face and the gleam in her eyes. There was
    no splashing, moaning, or wild animal sounds. (Of course, in a few minutes
    my wife and I were doing a bit of snuggling and I didn't notice if anything else
    happened between the 2 of them.)

So, yes, the PDA's happen. Sometimes they can be subtle, sometimes not,
    but its not some mass orgy all the time with 100 sweaty bodies entangled in
    a huge fleshy knot of arms and legs and various body parts flailing around.

I would add to what other's have said, if its just the concern about seeing
    other people engaged in various levels of intimacy that's scaring you, don't
    let that keep you away. If you see something that goes beyond your limit
    you can turn your head and still have a wonderful time. You might see
    something, but you might not and knowing that other people are having sex
    does not have to ruin your vacation.

As Deanna (above) said, it was the most relaxing, most fun, most romantic,
    best vacation my wife and I have ever had. With all the wonderful things
    I've discovered about what going to Hedo can be, even if I knew that those
    couples were going to be out at the pool at 4, 6, and 11 giving performances
    every day, I would still want to go back over and over...

Mike

I've never been, but I most agree whole heartedly with JANewbies (who we plan on hanging with while we're there). What's there to lose? Your inhibitions? Your discomfort? Go and have fun! If you hate it, switch resorts!

Registered User face_down_in_he's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini_wonder View Post
    Well, I think we're going to chicken out on Hedo III.

Don't! You will regret it. The biggest misconception about Hedo is that it is one big drawn out orgy that people just jump in and out of. It ain't. Will you see some sex, yea. Will you see a lot of it....not really. Most of the time, during the day you won't see any at all. Now....when the sun starts to go down things tend to heat up a little bit, and you most likely want to stay away from the hot tubs at night. The nude pool during the day is just the same as any other pool, except you are neekid, and everyone is talking, laughing and just have a great time. We were like you in 2000. Our freinds talked us into going and we were real nervous about the whole thing....we are heading back for our 7th trip in two weeks!!!!

Listen, if you don't think you'll feel comfortable, don't go. You can always stay at a neighboring resort and buy a pass and come over and visit us at Hedonism. That way you can check it out for next time and see what "goes on" before you commit to your entire vacation. Either way: Have Fun. You're going to Jamaica!

We are leaving for HedoII Wed- 3/14 on our first trip, of course we are nervous but figure - why not? at the worst we will be on a beach with an open bar and sun. We've done alot of research and talked to people who went and said it's the best vacation ever. So we're going!!

Blog Entries
    Hey gemini---have we put this deal together yet, or what (lol)???

What's your husbands input?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    Hey gemini---have we put this deal together yet, or what (lol)???

What's your husbands input?
    My husband's words "I really don't care where we go babe. Just as long as there is a beach, lots of drinks, and you naked."
    So basically its up to me.

I'm leaning more towards Hedo III rather than Couples Negril. The only reason I'm making such a big deal of deciding this is because this is pretty much a once-in-a-life-time deal for us going to Jamaica, and I just want to make sure we pick the right place...

Hedo sounds amazing.....

Now another question.....what are the cave dwellers? If we go, they will be there the week we will be (June 9-16). The 11th is my 28th birthday and I want to make sure it will be a fun party group.

Again, thanks all for your comments. You're awesome for helping me think through this...
    -Peace & Love- H & A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast