Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the rooms really that bad

Are the rooms really that bad

Some really bad reviews of Hedo on TA. I know, no one really goes for the rooms but I would like to have a room that is in good working order, if not updated. I just keep reading on how bad the A/C is, how bad the water issues are and the leaking water from the bathrooms, no working phones in the room, no service if the staff gets overwhelmed...guests going to get their own drinks?

There is one review in particular that is saying that the good reviews are from people that are overlooking all of these things that should be in good working order just because they are going to meet friends or groups. I did take a peek at what else was available for our dates because even though I am not going for the room, I don't wan't to have to change rooms 10 times to get one that has the basics in it. Plus we are booked for 13 nights and we have never been to Hedo so I am thinking we might have wanted to try out 7 nights. I know how many Hedo lovers there are but is it true that a lot of the repeaters honestly haven't been to other nude resorts because you are so dedicated to Hedo and the groups?

We have been to Desire many times and to the Couples brand with their nude areas and I can appreciate that Hedo is different, but for those that have been to Desire, is it a huge difference between resorts?

Not trying to upset/offend all the loyal Hedo lovers, I'm just asking questions to be sure.
    Last edited by Hank; 06-19-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Registered User Steve-n-BlueEyz's Avatar
    We had absolutely no issues with our room. Not overlooking any problems. Everything worked just fine.
    My tongue traces lines on your skin, drawing a roadmap to your soul….
    Steve-N-BlueEyz@Outlook.com

We have been to Hedo 5 times and have had no issue with anything in the room, Are we lucky Maybe.
    They aren't 5 star but you aren't paying 5 star AI. At least we aren't.
    All but our first trip has been for 10 to 14 days and we have had no issue, and we love Hedo.
    To be fair we've never been to Desire so take this for what its worth.

Bruce and Denise
    :
    dnbforwhatever on SLS
    Dee_N_Bruce on SDC

June/July 2011 Hedo virgins no more!
    Nov/Dec 2011
    June/July 2012 Can't get enough!
    Nov/Dec 2012
    April 20th to May 4th 2013
    June 23rd to July 7th 2014
    May 2nd to May 10th 2015
    Nov 26th to Nov 30th 2015
    April 30th to May 8th 2016
    Nov 24th to Dec 3rd 2016
    May 6th to May 14th 2017
    May 5th to May 13th 2018
    May 4th to May 12th 2019
    April 24th to May 1st 2021

I have been to Desire RM and Hedo wins hands down. The atmosphere can not be duplicated for some reason. If you are someone who wants to sit on the beach and read a book all day and enjoy the quiet then you will like Desire better. If you want to party in a pool with a bunch of like minded people who are sexual and fun - then Hedo is your place.

When you get checked it, as soon as you get your room check all the stuff. A/C, hot water, phone and so on. If it all works, you are good to go If there is a problem ask them to move you or if they are going to fix it, don't unpack until it is done. Put you valuables in the safe and head to the pool for the afternoon and check to see if it is done at dinnertime. But most of the rooms are good now.

When we were there the A/C broke in the entire resort and no one had it, they had it fixed in less then 24 hours. A few years ago it would have taken 2 weeks to fix, lol.

You will have a great time - go with an open mind and not expecting a 5 star resort but a great time
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Some really bad reviews of Hedo on TA. I know, no one really goes for the rooms but I would like to have a room that is in good working order, if not updated. I just keep reading on how bad the A/C is, how bad the water issues are and the leaking water from the bathrooms, no working phones in the room, no service if the staff gets overwhelmed...guests going to get their own drinks?

There is one review in particular that is saying that the good reviews are from people that are overlooking all of these things that should be in good working order just because they are going to meet friends or groups. I did take a peek at what else was available for our dates because even though I am not going for the room, I don't wan't to have to change rooms 10 times to get one that has the basics in it. Plus we are booked for 13 nights and we have never been to Hedo so I am thinking we might have wanted to try out 7 nights. I know how many Hedo lovers there are but is it true that a lot of the repeaters honestly haven't been to other nude resorts because you are so dedicated to Hedo and the groups?

We have been to Desire many times and to the Couples brand with their nude areas and I can appreciate that Hedo is different, but for those that have been to Desire, is it a huge difference between resorts?

Not trying to upset/offend all the loyal Hedo lovers, I'm just asking questions to be sure.
    Chill dude, you are from Canada, you can deal with it if their are issues (which happens from time to time) You are not in Hawaii after all!

Quote Originally Posted by kudu2462 View Post
    Chill dude, you are from Canada, you can deal with it if their are issues (which happens from time to time) You are not in Hawaii after all!
    Ha, very good point. Us Canadians are tough!

Maybe it's just us but we never had issues with the rooms. The rooms are clean and comfy as others mentioned not 5 star but they are fine by us and with the recent minor upgrades they only got better.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 2naughty View Post
    Maybe it's just us but we never had issues with the rooms. The rooms are clean and comfy as others mentioned not 5 star but they are fine by us and with the recent minor upgrades they only got better.
    Yes and that is what 98% of the rooms are like - but when you get a bad room it sucks and you complain on Trip Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Yes and that is what 98% of the rooms are like - but when you get a bad room it sucks and you complain on Trip Advisor
    Didn't think it was possible to have a bad room at hedo!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Room? Oh yeah, that place you use to sleep sometimes...

We've only had a bad room once and it was winter of the year just prior to the sale of the resort. I think it came down to a general lack of interest in general maintenance while the resort was in limbo. This last winter we were quite pleased. Everything worked right, there was fresh paint, the AC worked, the water was hot & cold like it was supposed to be. Don't really need any more than that as far as I'm concerned.
    "Your body is not a temple, its an amusement park. Enjoy the ride" - Anthony Bourdain
    12/5/15 - 12/12/15 Hedo 2 trip #7
    6/30/14 - 7/8/14 Hedo 2 Trip #6
    12/07/13-12/14/13 Hedo 2 Trip #5
    11/30/12 - 12/8/12 Hedo 2 Trip #4
    12/3/11 - 12/10/11 Hedo 2 trip #3
    12/4/10 - 12/11/10 Hedo 2 trip #2
    12/5/09 - 12/12/09 Hedo 2 virgins (no more!)

We went to Hedo 3 (rip) 2 times and this will be our 4th trip to Hedo 2 coming up in July. We have never had an issue with a room with the exception of the phone not working a couple of times. Honestly I just picked it to check out of curiosity to see if it was working. Think I cared about a room phone? Hell no, It's Hedo! Go have fun, stop worrying.
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

Never had a problem
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

We went last march for our 1st time and we had no issues with anything had a great time and we are booked for march 2015 can't come soon enough

The rooms are nice, not super fancy, but nice! New beds and bedding were wonderful! There are occasional issues w/water not being hot or sometimes AC doesn't work. Overall any issues like that are fixed quickly! If you're going for 13 days pace yourself! Have fun in Hedo, it's easy to do there!
    Shizelle ~n~ Dave
    April 21 - 28, 2018
    October 17 - 27, 2018
    Playful Pussycats

http://www.theplayfulpussycats.com

http://www.wildwomenvacations.com

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    The important thing to know about Hedo is that if you listen to all the negative reports and base your decision on them,then you will be denying yourself the one life altering vacation of a lifetime.Honestly,people who need a true 5 star should go find themselves a Ritz Carlton in the states somewhere.Hedo is what it is,there is no place else like it,just give it a try and see for yourself.Note-the vast number of repeaters and groups should be a hint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast