Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hedo again or somewhere else?

Hedo again or somewhere else?

Hello all.

Hopefully some people with some experience can help us out here. We went to Hedo last August and are starting to think about planning our next trip to either Hedo again or somewhere different like a Desire or Temptations.

We definitely enjoyed our first trip to Hedo. We were a bit nervous at first but ended up being on the nude side 90% of the time. We enjoyed the somewhat sexual atmosphere and would like something similar this time as well.

We thought the food was good but not great. Our room was garden view (I think - but we did have an ocean view) on the prude side. Good enough for us. The walk never bothered us.

Anyone with comparisons would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hedo all the way, no one compares for atmosphere!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I should also add that we are mid-twenties and on our last trip we were the youngest while we were there. It would definitely be nice to have a few people a little closer to our age.

Even if you go to Desire, you will still be among the youngest in age. Desire is nice but it doesn't come close to the atmosphere and people at Hedo. Temptations might have a younger crowd but it is topless only.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Both Desire RM and Pearl are very nice and the food great - the hot tub at Pearl is awesome. The resorts are also very small, each about 1/3 the size of Hedo so if you are looking to party be sure you find a takeover group that shares your interests otherwise it can be less occupied and almost boring. Temptations was not our thing, only 3 days and we couldn't get out of there fast enough...we actually went to visit the pyramids during our time there!

The party atmosphere at Hedo is hard to beat, and now that Hedo has improved in so many ways, we have less interest in Mexico. Don't get me wrong, both Desires can be great and we will probably return someday, but only with a group.

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Not to veer this too off topic and this might be a stupid question, but I've always wanted to know this about Desire: since it's in Mexico, do you have to avoid drinking the tap water because of Montezuma's revenge?

I would say do Hedonism again, but then again it's the only one we've been to. The crowd can vary based on the time of the year and the groups that are there each week. You can see a list of them all here:
    http://www.hedonism.com/events/

I would definitely recommend checking out that list and travelling with a group, better rates and you can get to know some other people who will be there before you go!

We went with Young Swingers Week last March and there were a lot more couples closer to our age (20's and 30's) than in our previous trips and we're going with them again in October.

So yeah, we vote Hedo again but we may be biased since we love the place so much; also after reading reviews comparing the two, Hedo just seems more lively and like my type of party... it's also less expensive!
    Last edited by TheRaam; 06-18-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

We had never thought about a certain group bringing younger people. Any other groups like that?

Quote Originally Posted by chache2423 View Post
    We had never thought about a certain group bringing younger people. Any other groups like that?
    We have a good mix of young and not as young people in are group. When were there we usually see a good mix of ages

I am 24 and my hubby is 26. We just booked with WWV.

www.wildwomenvacations.com

The website has a nice Q & A section you can take a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by chache2423 View Post
    Hello all.

Hopefully some people with some experience can help us out here. We went to Hedo last August and are starting to think about planning our next trip to either Hedo again or somewhere different like a Desire or Temptations.

We definitely enjoyed our first trip to Hedo. We were a bit nervous at first but ended up being on the nude side 90% of the time. We enjoyed the somewhat sexual atmosphere and would like something similar this time as well.

We thought the food was good but not great. Our room was garden view (I think - but we did have an ocean view) on the prude side. Good enough for us. The walk never bothered us.

Anyone with comparisons would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    We are in the same boat as you guys. We went to hedo for the first time last march and had a blast. We rally never do the same resort twice and I am sure we will break this rule and will return to hedo. We do want to try desire in my opinion and I know this will not be be very popular with the regulars while the atmosphere at hedo is great for what you pay they could really step up their game as far as rooms, and dining options. While the food is ok and the rooms serve their purpose We have been to two different secrets resorts for around the same cost and they surpassed Hedo in both areas. That's why we are thinking desire sounds like it's a secrets meets hedo place. Don't get me wrong I understand the new management is pumping money into hedo to try to reverse all the neglect of super clubs. We had a blast the people and staff we wonderful and we will be back I just struggle paying 5 star resort pricing for a 3star resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw11b View Post
    We are in the same boat as you guys. We went to hedo for the first time last march and had a blast. We rally never do the same resort twice and I am sure we will break this rule and will return to hedo. We do want to try desire in my opinion and I know this will not be be very popular with the regulars while the atmosphere at hedo is great for what you pay they could really step up their game as far as rooms, and dining options. While the food is ok and the rooms serve their purpose We have been to two different secrets resorts for around the same cost and they surpassed Hedo in both areas. That's why we are thinking desire sounds like it's a secrets meets hedo place. Don't get me wrong I understand the new management is pumping money into hedo to try to reverse all the neglect of super clubs. We had a blast the people and staff we wonderful and we will be back I just struggle paying 5 star resort pricing for a 3star resort.
    You obviously have not priced Desire recently. The rate I received from a Travel agents price quote for a standard room was $597 a night for double occupancy. That is almost double the rate we got for Hedo at $316 a night for standard room double occupancy.
    Hedo II CHERRY popped May 2010
    Hedo II Sept 2010,2011, 2012, 2013,2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018
    Hedo II May 2011, April 2012, 2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018
    July 2-8,2017 won 5 free nights at the Repeaters Party
    NEXT TRIPS HOME!!!
    April 25-May 4, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew www.tomstrips.com
    September 5 - 14, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew IIwww.tomstrips.com
    Earthangel496 on SLS / Kasidie

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel496 View Post
    You obviously have not priced Desire recently. The rate I received from a Travel agents price quote for a standard room was $597 a night for double occupancy. That is almost double the rate we got for Hedo at $316 a night for standard room double occupancy.
    You're not looking in the right spot. Cheap Caribbean or other sites often have last minute deals with travel about 90 days out. I agree if you go with a travel agent or through desire the prices are crazy. That is the one good thing about going with a group to hedo it seems they get the best pricing.
    Last edited by Outlaw11b; 06-18-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Hedo all the way!
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Our group has a mix of ages anywhere from early 20's up to the 60's. I think you will find that with a lot of groups. We go in February and I would say there are all ages at that time for sure. We can't speak for the other resorts because we have never wanted to try somewhere different than Hedo! From what we have read, no place compares to Hedo's atmosphere and party.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

No matter how you book Desire, the price is all the same. You may step into a Desire promotion, but no one gets preferential pricing. As far as I know, even groups pay the same price.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast