Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last minute questions (apologies if I missed a FAQ)

Last minute questions (apologies if I missed a FAQ)

We arrive in 2 days and are just now thinking of questions we should have asked months ago. All advice appreciated.

1. Cell phones - add international plan to our existing phones (at $1 to $2/minute) or buy a phone there (Tripadvisor says phones are about $30 and 700 intl minutes run about $10US).

2. Family - where do we tell them we're staying that won't get us outed?

3. Internet acess at Hedo 2: How much per day? Per week?

Thanks in advance.

We havent been yet but my back story is that we are going to sandals in negril. It is right next door. I believe i heard that wifi is $80 a week. Not sure on cell.
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Couple of very simple answers:

Your phone would not work. The battery died! The power was off so the charger failed to work. The WiFi was down due to an electrical storm. Sandles was very good to you but you could not get your computer to work with the Jamaican system.

String all of that along and EVERYONE will know you had a 'dirty' week in Hedo.

Go have fun and ditch the communications. You can't do anything about it even if there is a disaster at home (and why spoil a great vacation for a disaster). But then I'm not a nice person!

Check the Hedo website for the current WiFi costs (about $80 for the week and $15 for 24 hours, last November). We NEVER tell anyone where we go for our vacations, so they don't even try to contact us.

PNK

Hedo July 10 - 17, 2014

Sobe. Latitude 25.7848988 Longitude -80.1336478
    Correct us if we are wrong but !!!! Cell phones, Family, Internet (computers) we think tops the list for reasons to go on vacation !!!
    If someone dies don't ruin our trip put them on ice and we will deal with it upon our return

I am not sure how to answer your questions Dagwood because our friends, family and co-workers know where we go. However, you can walk on the beach to another resort and take pictures. We also shut down our phones when the plane leaves home and don't turn them back on until we land back at home. We don't get on the internet or anything for a week, total vacation. But there are several people who can help you with prices, it looked as if Cop was on the internet while he was there, posting pictures and whatnot. Have fun!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Are you going on a business trip or a vacation?

We take a phone and tell them at home only to call if it is an emergency. If it really is an emergency we don't mind paying the buck a minute, but in over 30 weeks there we've never had an emergency at home (or a call from home).

We love breaking free of the internet while at Hedo. The anxiety of thinking about going without internet can be pretty terrifying, but once you get there and see how freeing it is without it you'll soon forget all about it.

Do bring the camera though, and take a few pics on the Sandals beach. It's a good cover story.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I get 200 texts for $30 from AT&T wireless.That's enough for anybody who does not want to be bothered anyway.We tell them we go to Sandals next door.Met a lady this year who said she uses some other hotel alias as she thought Sandals was too easy to figure out.We have done three days so far both trips but now the MRS. says that will no longer be necessary.Talk about a happy little guy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    We arrive in 2 days and are just now thinking of questions we should have asked months ago. All advice appreciated.

1. Cell phones - add international plan to our existing phones (at $1 to $2/minute) or buy a phone there (Tripadvisor says phones are about $30 and 700 intl minutes run about $10US).

Thanks in advance.
    We have T-Mobile and just have the family call that number only if it's an emergency. There is Wi-Fi , not sure of the cost. Sandals is next door and you can get pics in front of their boats.

They said they plan on free wi-fi sometimes next year. That would be great.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post

Thanks in advance.
    1. I have a jamaican cell phone -bought it on ebay. 1000 international minutes + some local + simm card =22 dollars us, Can you say cheap

2. We go to Negril and if pushed sandles or Grand Lido....Less folks know Grand Lido so the chances of someone being there is less.

3. Wifi -- I used it all last week by the lion on the nude beach. Worked great 80 dollars for the week.
    Last edited by millionsnmilo; 04-25-2014 at 12:44 PM.

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Thanks all for the replies. I may very we'll just go without on the phone. If I can't stand it, I'm going to check out the local phone options and if I have leftover minutes, I'll sell it on eBay or leave it for another guest. Might be fun to keep "handing it forward" and see how long it lasts...

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suncouple View Post
    Correct us if we are wrong but !!!! Cell phones, Family, Internet (computers) we think tops the list for reasons to go on vacation !!!
    If someone dies don't ruin our trip put them on ice and we will deal with it upon our return
    Ditto!
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

Agree! That's our attitude!

We have a 21,18,15 and 11 yr old at home..so we tell them to figure it out but it always seems like all hell brakes loose when we are gone. Last year when we were in Mexico, we had free wifi at the lobby and it felt like we were fighting a fire every night on facetime...this year I have set up surveillance cameras through the house with microphones in the main area...as long as they dont kill each other while we are gone, we will deal with it when we get back...we can just rewind time and spank them accordingly...lol
    Hopefully they get along better this year
    We still will probably take the wifi just so mommy can keep in touch with her babys
    April 1-9th 2016 with Fluffernutters for Fluff Olympics
    November 12-19 2016 With Fluffernutters for Fluff Love

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stuccoman View Post
    We have a 21,18,15 and 11 yr old at home..so we tell them to figure it out but it always seems like all hell brakes loose when we are gone. Last year when we were in Mexico, we had free wifi at the lobby and it felt like we were fighting a fire every night on facetime...this year I have set up surveillance cameras through the house with microphones in the main area...as long as they dont kill each other while we are gone, we will deal with it when we get back...we can just rewind time and spank them accordingly...lol
    Hopefully they get along better this year
    We still will probably take the wifi just so mommy can keep in touch with her babys
    We want copies of that video for sure.
    Last edited by loverstriangle3; 04-27-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast