Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newb

Newb

Hello all -

Newb here. Stumbled upon this sight while looking for a location that my wife and I can go visit in the next couple years. Plan is for our 15th anniversary, which will be in 2018. Not sure we will wait that long...we may move that up to 2016.

Anyhow, we are in our early 30's, two kids and are not into the 'lifestyle' but think this would be an adventurous vacation for us both to kind of explore our boundaries and open up our minds. Hopefully it would definitely be a fun time together at least. We are both somewhat shy, her more than I, and somewhat timid about visiting a location like Hedo II. I think we both want to based on conversations, but don't really know what to expect.

I have a few questions that maybe you could help me with. Thanks in advance.

1. How far in advance are you able to book?...everything shows unavailable when I select dates past 2014 from the website.
    2. What is the "Group Rate" I have briefly read about? Saves money? Is it going with a group during the group week? How would you go about booking this way?
    3. Is it truly a fun experience? From what I have read, seems that way.
    4. Any other helpful items...?

Appreciate it.

Thanks.

J

Hey guys...we just got back a few days ago from our second trip. 1. I think you can book one year out but not really sure. 2. A group rate is a lower rate if you book with that group. You don't have to be with that group all day but it will save you money. 3. You will have more fun than you've ever had in your life. 4. I just posted a trip report if you'd like to read that....and book sooner than 2016 lol
    Have fun planning.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Thanks...I did read your report...sounds fun.

How do you go about booking with a group then?

Thanks B&T

You need to contact the group leaders. The groups on here should have a link with group info and the travel agent link with prices sometimes. Just have to look at the threads on the Hedonism II section.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

You can also contact one of the many travel agents (love voodoo, wild women vacation, DennyP, castaways and a few others) many times they'll just book you with a group so you get the rate. They may point you in the direction of said group. If you have a month in mind (or few) look to see which ones suit you guys best. Don't wait til 2016!!!

Here is a link to this years events page. Most of the events are put on by a different group. If you click a group that interests you, it will link to that groups info

http://www.hedonism.com/events/
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Quote Originally Posted by thehardstud View Post

I have a few questions that maybe you could help me with. Thanks in advance.

1. How far in advance are you able to book?...everything shows unavailable when I select dates past 2014 from the website.
    2. What is the "Group Rate" I have briefly read about? Saves money? Is it going with a group during the group week? How would you go about booking this way?
    3. Is it truly a fun experience? From what I have read, seems that way.
    4. Any other helpful items...?

Appreciate it.

Thanks.

J
    1. You can book for at least a year, that I am aware of.
    2. Group rates are just a bit cheaper, you don't have to hang with the group, but there are many perks to going with a group. Our group has weekly chats to get to know other members as well as get questions answered so that you can be ready for the trip. If you have a week in mind, go to the events page and find out what group is going. You can google the group name, but there are many people from the groups on this page that can point you in the right direction.
    3. It is truly a fun experience. You don't have to be in the lifestyle to enjoy your time there. We have many friends we see yearly that are not in the lifestyle and go year after year. The freedom of being naked, the camaraderie of everyone there, the staff, the food, the entertainment....it is all worth it.
    4. The only tip I can think of is to go! Jump in with both feet, arms wide open and you won't be disappointed! The sooner the better because once you go, you will want to go back year after year after year.....

Good luck!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Thanks everyone for the input.

So, after researching some more, I'm a little confused on one topic. Nudity between the Nude and Prude sides of the resort. I've read where it's clothing optional on the Prude side...does that go for the beach, pool, hot tub? I also, based on reading, formed my own thought that nudity is not allowed on the Prude side. So, I apologize, but I'm just a little fuzzy with what goes and doesn't go on the Prude side.

As for the Nude side, from what I have read and gathered...it is mandatory to be Nude when on the beach, pool and hot tub. Is that a correct decipher from my readings?

For a couple like us that have never been to anything of this nature and who is a little hesitant, which one would you think would be more fitting to 'cut our teeth' on...Hedo or Desire?

My wife and I have discussed briefly about going with the thought, you only live once, experience as much as you can...but with that in mind, I want to make sure we both feel comfortable.

Thanks!

You can be nude anywhere you want except lobby, restaurants/dining room and Prude Grill.
    You MUST be nude on the nude side beach, pool, hot tub, bar and surrounding area.

I've never been anywhere that allows nudity/partial nudity other than Hedo, but experienced travelers have shared their experiences.
    I sum it up this way:
    * If you want a social atmosphere, it's Hedo. While visitors to other resorts have mentioned times when they've had good groups and things have been lively, overall the others seem more quiet/reserved/relaxed. Not to say you can't get that at Hedo -- you just need to hide on the "Prude" side (naked or clothed, your choice).
    * Used to be that I would mention those with higher standards of accommodation should consider elsewhere. Now, Hedo offers refreshed rooms, and renovated rooms (at an additional cost) that makes this point MUCH less valid. In addition, I think the food and beverage service was up to par. So happy to say, I won't advise another resort anymore. BUT, I would advise an upgraded room if you're going to be frustrated staying in a room where things just aren't quite up to par...

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I may be out of order for commenting on Desire since I have never been there but my impression for some reason is that it is more of a lifestyle resort.Having been to Hedo two years running I can say with certainty that there is a broad base of nudists,naturists,and lifestlyers that have a wonderful time socializing as much or as little as you like.We saw more nudity on the C/O side this year than last and that was a welcome sight to us as we stay on the C/O side ocean view and just walk to the nude side unencumbered without the clothes-makes life simpler that way!Also,nudity is allowed in the piano bar although it is not really that common.The new piano player,Kemar,is awesome and was very respectful and gentlemanly toward all the ladies when he announced they could be "creative" if they chose to.My impression was that most of the ladies really don't understand it is acceptable to be topless or nude in the piano bar but it is.Been there,got the tee shirt,can't wait to go back!

Quote Originally Posted by thehardstud View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input.

So, after researching some more, I'm a little confused on one topic. Nudity between the Nude and Prude sides of the resort. I've read where it's clothing optional on the Prude side...does that go for the beach, pool, hot tub? I also, based on reading, formed my own thought that nudity is not allowed on the Prude side. So, I apologize, but I'm just a little fuzzy with what goes and doesn't go on the Prude side.

As for the Nude side, from what I have read and gathered...it is mandatory to be Nude when on the beach, pool and hot tub. Is that a correct decipher from my readings?

For a couple like us that have never been to anything of this nature and who is a little hesitant, which one would you think would be more fitting to 'cut our teeth' on...Hedo or Desire?

My wife and I have discussed briefly about going with the thought, you only live once, experience as much as you can...but with that in mind, I want to make sure we both feel comfortable.

Thanks!
    Prude = Clothing Optional, you can be naked or nude, doesn't matter. Nude = Nude, you are required to be nude on the nude side.

When the hubby and I first went to Hedo, we had never been to a resort like this either. We do, however, spend a lot of time naked around our own pool and with some select friends. Before we went to Hedo, we weren't really in the LS, but we were open to it. We are now LSers ourselves. Not saying Hedo will turn you into one, but Hedo has this magic that is indescribable to others. The atmosphere is like nothing else. Now I will say we have never been to another resort because we are so addicted to Hedo we could not imagine having as much fun anywhere else. Once you get there, and start your adventure, you will realize being naked around a bunch of strangers and seeing a bunch of shenanigans going on, really doesn't bother you that much and can be a lot of fun! People there are so welcoming, they will make you feel comfortable. I have never felt uncomfortable around anyone there. Everyone is so open, nice and fun loving from the guests to the staff. Like I said before, jump it with both feet and arms wide open, you won't be disappointed.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I may be out of order for commenting on Desire since I have never been there but my impression for some reason is that it is more of a lifestyle resort.Having been to Hedo two years running I can say with certainty that there is a broad base of nudists,naturists,and lifestlyers that have a wonderful time socializing as much or as little as you like.
    Although Desire does advertise itself as a Lifestyle Friendly Resort, not everyone that goes there is in a swinger lifestyle.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    When the hubby and I first went to Hedo, we had never been to a resort like this either. We do, however, spend a lot of time naked around our own pool and with some select friends. Before we went to Hedo, we weren't really in the LS, but we were open to it. We are now LSers ourselves. Not saying Hedo will turn you into one, but Hedo has this magic that is indescribable to others.
    Same for us. We had never been naked on a beach prior to our first visit but it did open our eyes to where we don't judge others and hope that others don't judge us because we now like to have sexual fun with other couples. A private backyard with a pool would be nice!
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Really sounds fun from all I have read so far on here! A lot of information to absorb.

Almost can't wait...wishing it was this year. Unfortunately, we have plans already this year, and then taking our kids to Disneyworld next year. An expensive trip of it's own. So, will most likely have to hold out until 2016. If we are lucky, maybe, just maybe the later half of 2015.

Since our one boy is in school now, we planned on taking a late July, early August trip. Before school starts back up. Was wondering what the weather is like down there during that time? Too hot for the hot tub? lol...or is it never too 'hot' for the hot tub?

Also, read on here about taking bug spray. Are the bugs bad down there? And during the July/August months?

I think the wife and I are super excited about sharing this experience with each other, just letting go of the everyday hassles, and let our minds explore.

Oh, and what about the beach at night? I'm sure, like many others, a beach romp is on the bucket list. Anything to concern ourselves about? Bugs, crabs, ???

J&JOhio

It is never too hot for the hot tub but sometimes the hot tub is too hot for people. Sometimes the temp just does not get controlled right. We have been there in the middle of the summer and it was actually back here in CT than it was at Hedo. The only bugs we have encountered are the sand flies early in the morning and at dusk.

There is no reason to wait till it is dark for a beach romp. find a lounge chair and do it in broad daylight so others can appreciate it as well. I would avoid going into the water at night. You cannot see what is swimming around and evening is when the rays and larger fish come in to feed. Throw in jellyfish and it will make for a very unpleasant evening.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast