Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Lounge Savers

Stop the Lounge Savers

Firstly we love our annual trip " home" every year. Loved it when it was falling down around us, and love it more now its on the mend Thanks John & Harry. Since discovering Cap D Agde last year thought about not returning, but Hedo is habit forming and we will be back again in November. love Voodoo week rocks....BUT stop the freakin lounge savers. There is more guests than lounges, and the annoying r soles that leave there towels on lounges at 7 am ( what the hell are you doing up at 7 anyway?) then rarely even sit on them all day, need to be dealt with severely - maybe castration or something. But seriously folks this is a selfish, un Hedo like practice, that really pisses me off. This year I will be removing your towels if I see that the lounge is not being used. I'm bringing my own muscle to protect me from any backlash!

Although I do not sit beach side normally, I agree with you on the saving of the loungers because it is a practice by the pool as well. We usually "save" ONE lounger for our GROUP but we don't put our stuff there until we are AT the pool, and it is usually just a place for our bags and other items so they don't get wet. We usually have about 10 of us that pile our items on ONE lounger and at least one of us is at the pool at all times. Sometimes even one person will get up and sit on it, but I think this getting up early, saving a lounger then going back to bed business is rude to others. You're adults and if you can't get a lounger when you get up, then get up earlier and take a nap on the lounger (which actually sounds more fun to me). If you leave to eat, well that is the chance you take for giving it up and not eating food from the grill. Good luck with your mission though CC, not sure it will help.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

We just came home on Saturday and there were actually more chairs than people....the beach was lined three rows deep with chairs, the pool deck was stocked with them as well as the grassy area back by the nude bathrooms... And on the path they had 2 stacks about 20 chairs, where the water sports guys were scrubbing them down... Now that they have the cubbies over by the hot tub, more chairs are available for those who actually sit on them...

i was going to ask, who actually sits on the chairs? lol. we use one to hold our whole groups stuff, then hang in the water all day. i hate the chair saving game. have to deal with it at other resorts, never had to here. guess we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by CCswing View Post
    Firstly we love our annual trip " home" every year. Loved it when it was falling down around us, and love it more now its on the mend Thanks John & Harry. Since discovering Cap D Agde last year thought about not returning, but Hedo is habit forming and we will be back again in November. love Voodoo week rocks....BUT stop the freakin lounge savers. There is more guests than lounges, and the annoying r soles that leave there towels on lounges at 7 am ( what the hell are you doing up at 7 anyway?) then rarely even sit on them all day, need to be dealt with severely - maybe castration or something. But seriously folks this is a selfish, un Hedo like practice, that really pisses me off. This year I will be removing your towels if I see that the lounge is not being used. I'm bringing my own muscle to protect me from any backlash!
    Amen to that. We were then in Jan and it was a problem for us. We tend to be beach bums in the morning /afternoon resting up to hit the pool bar later and some days we wondered around only to find lounge after lounge chair with towels on them. I understand there are times when you will step away to swim or for food but leaving towels on the chairs if your going to be away for hours and hours is not cool. By no means was it the end of the world but it did get slightly annoying.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

I get in July 9th please save me a lounger lol
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

It's usually only a problem during high occupancy weeks. If they haven't been there in an hour, neatly fold it up and set it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis&Alice View Post
    I get in July 9th please save me a lounger lol
    Then pass it on to me on the 19th, lol. Why not just bring a sharpie and label your chair for the trip? Chair saving would seriously drive me nuts. What happened to "move your feet, lose your seat"? This will be our first trip, so I can move people's belongings and feign ignorance
    Last edited by details024; 04-22-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: grammer
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Just got back Monday 4/21. I normally don't care. But now that it's brought to my attention I saw people stuff there all day and not one person touch a thing. Specially notice 2 football team towels there from 5am on never saw anyone touch the chair even..
    SLS PHILLY1271 or e-mail Ryan22446@gmail.com

[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/B]

Another great week.. SUMMER CAMP 4 ADULTS!!!

I think a new Hedo tradition should be in order........ Anything abandoned on a lounger for more than say 2 hours is free! Anyway, it worked for me that’s where I got this cool straw hat, paperback book ,suntan oil , size 17 flip flops, ½ a pack of cigs and a wet playboy lighter .

I'm normally in the pool for 5-7 hrs and my stuff is always on the ground.. HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by gemfields View Post
    I think a new Hedo tradition should be in order........ Anything abandoned on a lounger for more than say 2 hours is free! Anyway, it worked for me that’s where I got this cool straw hat, paperback book ,suntan oil , size 17 flip flops, ½ a pack of cigs and a wet playboy lighter .

[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JA Booze Crew View Post
    Just got back Monday 4/21. I normally don't care. But now that it's brought to my attention I saw people stuff there all day and not one person touch a thing. Specially notice 2 football team towels there from 5am on never saw anyone touch the chair even..
    Were they Broncos towels? They were probably hoping someone would take them!

We agree that this is a problem!... sometimes more than others depending on occupancy. When we were there last July-August, there was an older foreign couple that reserved 2 prime loungers with umbrellas ON BOTH sides of the pool. Yes... 2 people...4 loungers... 2 umbrellas. They were rarely on any of them. Clearly they wanted to make sure that they always had one situated where they wanted depending on where the sun was in the sky. This is the epitome of selfish!

Hedo should really adopt a policy similar to Desire Resorts. They have a Pool Concierge that opens at 7am. Anything on the loungers when the concierge arrives is removed and the loungers are given out in a first come first served manner. It is then recorded in their book under your room number. If any loungers are left unattended for more than 2 hours, the stuff on them is gathered by the pool concierge and stored. The loungers are then reassigned to next in line. The policy works very well.

We're glad to hear of the addition of the cubbies at the hot tub. That should help a lot!
    Last edited by hedo2desire; 04-23-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: clarification
    Desire Pearl hot tub, beds & swim-up bar:

Incredible paradises we've had the pleasure of experiencing:
    Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)
    Desire Riviera Maya - Hidden Beach Resort - Desire Pearl - Hedonism II

Colts

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    were they broncos towels? They were probably hoping someone would take them!

[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/B]

I propose the new owners consider building a shelving unit for guests to stash their goods, keeping an open concept. If we wish we could place a sign on our lounger to SHARE with someone alternating when we us it. It's a solution but not ideal. Then again the space available is limited as well. We need to all get along.

Why not just ask out loud if someone has a lounger they could borrow to sunbathe? I'd be happy to share with someone!
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast