Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couples resorts in Jamaica...any recent visits?

Couples resorts in Jamaica...any recent visits?

Wife and I love this forum but all seems to center on HD2 or Desire. As we are late bloomers, we're not sure if we are totally ready for these resorts but are comfortably feeling our way around Caliente Tampa and have a week set for San Suchi in Nov. Has anyone visited any Couples recently....interested in any feedback on food, nightlife, and pda tolerance? Thx

we visited couples swept away in october. is it those couples resorts you are referring to? if yes, food was yummy nightlife boring, and saw no pda what so ever. in fact, so many couples just kept to themselves. we missed hedo so much, booked for november this year, to hedo.

For our first trip of this type we only looked at Couples Negril, Tower Isle, and San Suchi. We have committed to CSS because of what we read about SSB. Now thinking Hedo may have been the better pick. I guess we'll find out in Nov.

We will be at CSS in about a month....will let you know ok?

dont get us wrong, couples resorts are beautiful. we went with some friends from home who are not quite ready for hedo. lol. we thought we would try out what we consider a "nicer" resort. we had fun. just not hedo fun. we did the one love pub crawl, met some really great people, and the couple we had a blast with, well, we dropped them off at their hotel, and guess which one it was? yep, hedo. we just decided that we really like the time at hedo where, we can be alone if we want, ie, the morning, and socialize and have some crazy fun in the evenings! but hey, you will be in jamaica, so anywhere there is a good time! also, maybe you could consider a day or night pass to hedo? just and idea. Dena

We r planning a day pass to Couples Tower Isle...will look into same for Hedo. Thx

Couples resorts do not tolerate PDAs (kissing is allowed, no groping or sexual acts). That being said, the food is great and SSB Is pretty nice. We went last May for out first time and enjoyed it. We are booked for next year also.

I have to say we have been to couples CTI many times and had our first swinging experience there. It is just very discrete. There are some night time spots more adventurous couples hang out

We have been to Couples Tower Isle and Negril. Both were great resorts. Loved clothing optional beaches at both resorts. But no PDA allowed. Have been to Desire twice now and also great resort with much sexier atmosphere. We prefer Desire over Couples. However, we love Jamaica. We have a trip booked at Hedo in 3 weeks and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by njcouple14 View Post
    I have to say we have been to couples CTI many times and had our first swinging experience there. It is just very discrete. There are some night time spots more adventurous couples hang out
    Where are these "night time spots"? I thought management did away with the nude takeovers of the Budha pool and hot tubs at night...

We went to Breezes (Grand Lido Braco) in Negril a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The food and service were good. A pool on the optional side with a staffed bar and hot tub. Ground floor rooms can walk directly to the beach, which is at the end of the Bloody Bay and has an outcropping on one side, so you don't get traffic if you're shy. It's also across the street from the Hedo and you can walk through their resort to stroll 7 mile beach, which gives you opportunity to check that resort out unobtrusively. The Couples next door to Breezes does not have a pool or staffed bar. There's no noticable separation from textile to optional area - our first visit to Jamaica, we walked one end of the bay to the other and suddenly ran into an optional sunbather, much to all our surprise. The Couples in San Soucchi has a good pool, hot tub and staffed bar, with good food and service, but the optional side is where the river feeds in and the water tends to be cold (in July) and you need serious water shoes, which will also serve you well on the long walk from the rooms to the beach (about 3 or 4 minutes from the buildings versus all along the waterfront). This year we're trying the N in Falmouth, about which we've heard amazing things, but it's not getting the business it needs. Of course, that could be why everyone has so enjoyed it, having an entire staff eager to make their stay the best. The best part is that the optional people do tend to become (just) friends more easily. We've actually made our return trips with different people we met there.
    Last edited by fergm0hb; 05-16-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Add information

Quote Originally Posted by fergm0hb View Post
    We went to Breezes (Grand Lido Braco) in Negril a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The food and service were good. A pool on the optional side with a staffed bar and hot tub. Ground floor rooms can walk directly to the beach, which is at the end of the Bloody Bay and has an outcropping on one side, so you don't get traffic if you're shy. It's also across the street from the Hedo and you can walk through their resort to stroll 7 mile beach, which gives you opportunity to check that resort out unobtrusively. The Couples next door to Breezes does not have a pool or staffed bar. There's no noticable separation from textile to optional area - our first visit to Jamaica, we walked one end of the bay to the other and suddenly ran into an optional sunbather, much to all our surprise. The Couples in San Soucchi has a good pool, hot tub and staffed bar, with good food and service, but the optional side is where the river feeds in and the water tends to be cold (in July) and you need serious water shoes, which will also serve you well on the long walk from the rooms to the beach (about 3 or 4 minutes from the buildings versus all along the waterfront). This year we're trying the N in Falmouth, about which we've heard amazing things, but it's not getting the business it needs. Of course, that could be why everyone has so enjoyed it, having an entire staff eager to make their stay the best. The best part is that the optional people do tend to become (just) friends more easily. We've actually made our return trips with different people we met there.
    I believe Hedo has moved away from the pass through with the change in ownerships of both resorts. The food at GLB is on par with Hedo and the resort is in need of a lot of TLC. Management allegedly has plans to refresh but there has not been much progress. The Clothing Optional areas at GLB are very nice but small and the lamb chops are too die for. Depending on the crowd, the amount of nude participation will vary.

The bar at the Couples next door does actually have an attendant at the small nude bar. Be advised Couples is mandatory nude as opposed to clothing optional. The food at the Couples resorts are at the higher end on the AI scale. San Souci is our favorite Couples resort and the nude pool recently went through a renovation to add a hot tub and remove the grotto.

We like N resort but many don't. It is VERY rustic and generally not very crowded. I think the food is above average and the staff works hard to please. I enjoy taking walks au naturel and it is the only place I am aware of outside of Orient Beach where this is an option. It is not as nice a walk as Saint Martin but it is still a nude walk by the ocean. If you elect to partake, bring a wrap as there are two areas where you will need to cover up during the walk. One of the best aspects of the resort is the water slide. Young and old seem to thoroughly enjoy the experience as it is extremely fast and an overall blast.

We are looking for some info on CTI as well. Hedo is booked up the week we can get away in November so we thinking about giving Couples a try. Do the women dress to impress? I love seeing my wife dressed in something sexy but I'm concerned she will be uncomfortable if the other women are wearing " cocktail dresses". How is the Island? Also, this is the first I have heard of "night time spots"

Quote Originally Posted by Doug and J View Post
    We are looking for some info on CTI as well. Hedo is booked up the week we can get away in November so we thinking about giving Couples a try. Do the women dress to impress? I love seeing my wife dressed in something sexy but I'm concerned she will be uncomfortable if the other women are wearing " cocktail dresses". How is the Island? Also, this is the first I have heard of "night time spots"
    Night time attire at Couples can run the gamut from dressy to casual. It is safe to say that the dress norms are considerably more conservative then you will see at Hedo.

We enjoy the Island at CTI, others prefer Sunset Beach at Couples Sans Souci. Both are good places to socialize and work on your all-over tan. The Island is not very big and the last time I was there (March, 2014) it was pretty crowded. The atmosphere on the Island can vary by the day...some days there is a party in the pool on the Island...other days it is more mellow.

We enjoy CTI, but it is not anything like Hedo and doesn't aspire to be, so if you decide to go to a Couples resort, just be prepared for the differences.
    Last edited by JW1; 05-24-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Another thing to consider about Tower Island is that it pretty much shuts down at 5 or 6pm, and may not be open at all if it's too windy or rainy. At least at Sans Souci you can venture over to the nude side whenever you want, day or night... regardless of the weather. Granted, there will be no bar service at night, but you can take over a couple rounds and hit the hot tub.

As you meet up with new friends at Sunset Beach during the day, make plans to go back at night after dinner & entertainment.

A while back there was talk of them wanting to build a block of rooms on the east end of the beach, on that jetty. I doubt that will ever happen, but if it did, they could have themselves a mini Braco...and that would be awesome!
    Desire Pearl hot tub, beds & swim-up bar:

Incredible paradises we've had the pleasure of experiencing:
    Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)
    Desire Riviera Maya - Hidden Beach Resort - Desire Pearl - Hedonism II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast