Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for PACKED Hedo

Tips for PACKED Hedo

So this will be our 4th trip back to Hedo. We've always gone the first week of June though when there were typically only 2 or 3 other groups there. It was great being able to get to know people well and so easy to get a drink at the bars. This year we are switching to the 21st to 28th of June. I have to say it looks like a lot of fun and crazy groups are going which will be so much fun. Question... What thoughts or advice can you give me about Hedo when it's this packed? For example... Read somewhere that you should bring a large mug because lines at the bar tend to be long. Saw somewhere else that the piano bar tends to be a lot more fun but you have to get there early to get a seat. What else should I know? Can't wait!!!

We try to only go during sold out weeks simply because it is just a lot more fun with more people around. There is more energy and more opportunity to meet more fun people. We've been there during more than 30 sold out weeks and we've never found it to be a problem getting served at the bar. Sometimes there's a bit more of a line up at the bars or the buffet but it is just more opportunity to strike up a conversation with people. I will admit that the piano bar can be a bit of a wait for drinks when everyone packs in there but we just walk over to the main bar, grab the drinks and then return to the piano bar.

The only thing that we really try hard to do during booked out times is arrive at the resort earlier in the day -- especially if it is a Saturday since this is a major turnover day. If we have the option of flights we take the earlier ones. By arriving earlier in the day you are less likely to get bumped if they are overfull and also you'll just get into a room sooner. Most planes arrive mid-afternoon and the crowd hits the resort around 4pm and it takes time to process all these people. Not a huge deal since you can go down to the hot tub until they get your room sorted out but once we've had a few drinks and started partying we don't like having to go back to the front desk and then unpack.

The only other thing is that when the resort is full you have to get to the beach or the pool pretty early in the morning if you have a favorite spot that you like.

Overall the few inconveniences of a full resort are far outweighed by the extra fun you'll have and the more people that you'll meet.

We are Hedo first timers, so we can't give much advice, but we will be there June 21st-28th as well. Hopefully well meet you down there in 63 days!
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

As funfortwo said, sold out weeks can be fun. NYE is always a sellout and full house for us (our week of experience), looks like your week in june will be the same as alot of groups in house. The lines can be a bit longer, but no problem mon. Just relax and slow down to island time and you'll adapt just fine, plus the vibe of the resort is much higher. Harry San and Martinos reservations are a bit harder to get, but they will usually let you book to the next available night in the event there are no seats that day. Sometimes you have to book a couple of nights out depending on how early in the morning you get up to make it up front for reservations. Drinks have never been a problem getting, we usually have a large insulated mug during the day, but use resort glasses at night.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

From what I understand, June 21-28 is expected to be around 60% capacity. Busy but not crazy. We've never been, but that's what we've been told by many people.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This June 21-28 week was originally selected by our Krewe de Krazy Life back in 2005 because it was a week post-high season/pre-rainy season, had only one other group scheduled, and was usually only about 50-70& occupied so we had the advantages of both a manageable amount of guests & staff-to-guest ratio and enough people to keep the energy levels up.

This upcoming June week there are no less than 7 groups now....so we may experience some of the "packed" phenomenon but we will adjust accordingly. There is always plenty of beach, three pools to choose from, and varied times for eating so I would not anticipate any issues.

As for the mug,....it is a great idea both for the insulation and keeping trips to the bar at a minimum. As for the piano bar, there is always standing room and people come and go so even if you don't have a early seat, seats usually open up during the 2 hours it is open.

See you in 60 days!

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    This June 21-28 week was originally selected by our Krewe de Krazy Life back in 2005 because it was a week post-high season/pre-rainy season, had only one other group scheduled, and was usually only about 50-70& occupied so we had the advantages of both a manageable amount of guests & staff-to-guest ratio and enough people to keep the energy levels up.

This upcoming June week there are no less than 7 groups now....so we may experience some of the "packed" phenomenon but we will adjust accordingly. There is always plenty of beach, three pools to choose from, and varied times for eating so I would not anticipate any issues.

As for the mug,....it is a great idea both for the insulation and keeping trips to the bar at a minimum. As for the piano bar, there is always standing room and people come and go so even if you don't have a early seat, seats usually open up during the 2 hours it is open.

See you in 60 days!
    Bubba Mug keeps you from standing tit deep at the bar! Oh wait I'm bringing a shot glass.

Registered User nakedallthetime's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes we learned of the bubble mug last year at temptation. 19 more days can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    Bubba Mug keeps you from standing tit deep at the bar! Oh wait I'm bringing a shot glass.
    We use them for water, have to keep hydrated for the waterfalls lol, how r u army?

We perfer sold out weeks and only book weeks that are sold out the energy is electric.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Ok haven't had a chance to get back to read these till just now. You guys crack me up...especially the shot glass comment! Man I can't wait to hurry up and get crazy there!

This year it's still going to be 60-70. While there are 7 groups.. they're all really small groups. People who book through a travel agent to get the group price, a lot of the agents will just put them in with their group of the week so they get a group rate. We ended up in the seXXXgames pool a few years ago before we had an "official" title to the group and had it organized... GO B52s!! we've been to high occupancy before.. didn't like it.

It won't be full, but it will be high energy with the naughty rockers in the house along with the krazy krewe! The Pungos are fucking KRAZY (emphasize on fucking) It's going to be a rockin week!

Quote Originally Posted by kudu2462 View Post
    We use them for water, have to keep hydrated for the waterfalls lol, how r u army?

We are counting the days and getting our kits packed! I did pack four bic lighters! See you soon Bro. I want to try the submarine race this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    We are counting the days and getting our kits packed! I did pack four bic lighters! See you soon Bro. I want to try the submarine race this year!
    Not being Navy (like you clearly are, lol) what is a submarine race? That being said I have guess based on a sub's basic shape, but I hope I am wrong, lol Cheers, Walt and Milissa

Ok to define the exercise! I don't plan on pickle diving (submarine race/no snorkle) ie clam diving..get the idea Walt. I see I'll have to keep one eye on you at all times or I may find myself in trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast