Thread: First trip April 5-12 WOW!

First trip April 5-12 WOW!

Well I am finally, and unfortunately, starting to come out of my Hedo high (no I did not smoke any of the local vegetation.....just high on the experience) and might be able to focus enough to type up a trip report. We took this trip to celebrate the Mrs. tuning the big 40 this winter and to kind of prove we are still young at heart at least! The Mrs. had gone topless before but this was our first trip to a resort with full nudity. We arrived at MBJ on Saturday April 5th and boarded the shuttle bus to Hedo. We ended up sitting next to a great couple, S&T, just a bit younger than us and with kids about our age, who had been to Hedo multiple times. It was reassuring to hear their story of why they went the first time and why they keep going back. We got there in late afternoon and grabbed a quick snack at the prude bar while our bags were being moved to our room. Within 20 minutes of being at Hedo we were having a great conversation with a beautiful couple who we learned were into the lifestyle. When they learned we were not they were still pleasant but not pushy at all.
    The first morning of the Mrs. said “we might as well get it over with” so we headed to the nude beach, got naked on the beach a bit down from the nude bar, and nervously settled in to tan and read for a while. The loungers next to us were reserved with towels but unoccupied….. It turned out the couple we met on the shuttle bus were out for a swim and were occupying those loungers. A huge confidence booster for both me and the Mrs. to have our first nude conversation with folks we kind of already knew and discovered it was no big deal to sit there naked talking about everything from the weather to our careers, to kids back home, etc.
    Our third morning we met a couple from Canada that we really connected with, J&H. they were there with a couple of their best friends S&T. It turned out we were all signed up for the Tuesday catamaran snorkel and cave cruise. Wow what a great trip! I would highly recommend it and we had a great time! We all ended up in the nude pool and hot tub later that afternoon continued with some great conversation and getting to know each other better.
    On Wednesday night one of the groups that was there, I think it was Topless Travels, sponsored a “foam party” in the dance club. I have never been to a foam party but I am pretty sure I would never miss one at Hedo again! Something about 100 people, dressed in varying degrees of clothing, dancing in a giant pool filled with bubbles that makes for some lifetime memories!
    We continued to relax and have a great time the rest of the week. It was so nice to just unwind for a few days. It is pretty bad when you have a couple’s spa scheduled but you decide to cancel because you are too lazy to get a massage!
    We did have a bit of rain and some significant waves one day that kind of messed up the beach for the next couple of days. Over all though the weather was much better than home and even during the rainy times it was comfortably warm.
    I am not going to spend much time on the food or the rooms because neither are that important to the Mrs. or I. The food was good. There was a huge variety and you could always find something that was good, and occasionally great. The desserts were delicious and as fancy as I have ever seen. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but not overly fancy. (We were in ocean view prude 1203) We had plenty of hot water, the air conditioning worked great, new paint, flat screen TV, and the housekeeping staff (primarily Nadine for us) was friendly and did a fine job!
    The entertainment staff did a great job. They were friendly during the day when you bumped into them and put a ton of effort into the evening shows….some were good and some were great! A couple of the shows were a bit on the steamy side and led to some hot nights back in the room with the Mrs.!!!....no complaints there!
    When it is all said and done the real test is, “would you go back again”. I decided I was going to stay silent on this as long as I could. From my spouse, I was not surprised, but was elated to hear on several occasions, “next time we should…..” or “next time we should pack……” It goes without saying we will be back!
    My advice to other first time visitors…….TALK TO PEOPLE! We did not go there with the intent to meet or hook up with new people but we made an honest effort to say “hi” and “where are you from” to the people around us and ended up meeting some really great folks, some of which I could see becoming lifelong friends! I had read before that the people at Hedo are what makes it so great. It is hard to describe, but that statement is true. We met so many people there that we loved. The only disappointing thing is knowing we will not see some of them for a long time and others possibly never again……but the memories will last forever, and we know we will be back to make more memories for sure!
    I’m sure I forgot to hit on topics that other first timers might want to know about. To be honest, all the little concerns just kind of melted away over the last week or so, but any questions just ask!

Great trip report. It's amazing how Hedo can get into your heart, and you just can't wait to get back. Our first trip I was terrified thinking about getting naked around other people, but before I knew it the thought of wearing clothes seem silly.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

Awesome report! So glad the Mrs. made it clear you would return! It only takes one time!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Awesome report. It's always great to hear about a couples "first time" at Hedo. It really makes me think of our first trip. Glad to hear you two are planning to return. Like you said, "It's about the people" more than anything. Hope to see you there sometime!
    TJ & Chris
    Next trip, Hedo II, July 24-Aug 2 2014
    AWOL 2014, One Love..

Great first timers report, glad you enjoyed and are definitely hooked. I can relate when your wife says "next time we should..." It is amazing how quickly the first time nervousness disappears.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Glad you guys had such an awsome time.
    And I noticed the deserts are really stepped up this trip.
    Cop (who is still here)
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 24sun&sand View Post
    My advice to other first time visitors…….TALK TO PEOPLE! We did not go there with the intent to meet or hook up with new people but we made an honest effort to say “hi” and “where are you from” to the people around us and ended up meeting some really great folks, some of which I could see becoming lifelong friends! I had read before that the people at Hedo are what makes it so great. It is hard to describe, but that statement is true. We met so many people there that we loved. The only disappointing thing is knowing we will not see some of them for a long time and others possibly never again……but the memories will last forever, and we know we will be back to make more memories for sure!
    I’m sure I forgot to hit on topics that other first timers might want to know about. To be honest, all the little concerns just kind of melted away over the last week or so, but any questions just ask!
    My wife and I went to Hedo for the first time April 5-11 and we had a very similar experience. We also vowed that, next time we go, we will have the bravery to initiate conversation a lot more. We had a blast but kinda wonder what it would have been like if we'd stepped out of our social shells a bit more.

Great first time trip report We are back again in 7 days!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Great reading!!
    Like you, this was our 1st trip, 4/4 thru 4/12. I booked us with the topless travel group. A surprise for the wife. On a side note, we are not in the lifestyle (honey, I booked us a trip to Jamaica with about 200 swingers!) I didn't know if either of us would enjoy the experience. Slightly less than 36 hours being there, my wife said, "next time when we come". So that she, and we, liked it is a understatement!
    As LnD Fun stated, "need to step out of our social shells a bit more", I'm sure it will be easier next trip.
    Now, when to go again...
    A&MP

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    We are down to 25 days and a wake up so it great to hear about Home it helps with the PHD, thanks. John
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Great trip report! As Hedo first timers its great to get that perspective

It great that you got a foam party too! We've done a few at Desire resorts and they are always a blast. It would be fun if Hedo did more of them.
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16