Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hedo Veterans, how far in advance do you book reservations?

Hedo Veterans, how far in advance do you book reservations?

Well, the wife and I wanted to make our virgin trip this year but like an idiot I started a new job and lost my vacation, so that pushed us into 2015. We are 100% going the week of March 21-28 2015 with the possibility of extending our stay to the 29th. Unfortunately that is the only week we can make it work unless we waited until July 2015 and that is not happening. We want to be there now haha. However, our question for the veterans is how far out do you normally make your reservations if you're interested in going with a group? I would go ahead and do it now but I don't see any groups going that week except the Young Swingers Week (not young at 45 and not swingers…yet lol). Are we thinking of booking too early if we are interested in going with a group? Should we expect more groups to announce they are going on those dates? Another factor is we want to reserve one of the newly renovated rooms and we have no idea if we need to jump on a reservation to guarantee getting one. Too bad we could not go the week prior when the Hedo Amigos are going. They seem like a group that would be a total blast to party with for a week. Anyway, does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

We've booked with various groups through the years just to get the group rate. Sometimes we like the group.. sometimes we really didn't have anything in common, If the group gives you the best rate you can find.. go for it! It's more common than you might think. What I would really keep your eye out for is airfare, That can be quite the bitch if you wait too long. Typically a group will give you the group rate 3 days before and 3 days after their core group dates.
    I've heard wicked things about the Amigos.. and that's on my bucket list of people to visit! I would look into booking about 6 months out. for us, the cheapest airfare was advertised in January when we weren't paying attention.

I hope you have a lot of fun on your trip! So many fun things to do and see... or just sit and watch.

We booked for next Feb before leaving hedo. Book early to get an early bird rate. Last minute deals don't happen here. We've found you get the best flight rates right when they first post the flight, usually 11 months out for our airline, then rates fluctuate up and down but never go below the initial offering.

You might contact the Amigos, they may be able to get you their rate even though you'll be there a week late. Otherwise, yes, many group dates aren't announced until the group completes their trip this year, or if it's a new group or a new week, 6-9 months in advance of the trip. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't think that all groups that week have already been announced, and don't worry too much about getting a renovated room. They are pricier and many people who visit Hedo don't care what their room looks like, because they're never in it, and so look for the cheapest room rates they can get.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Many people will book their next trip right after going , so a year in advance is typical , most groups will have their new rates for next year before they leave the resort. And typically the group rate is also the best rate you can get. You do have to overlap a group at least 5 days ( it was recently changed ) to get a group rate if booking with that group. Amigo week next year is March 14-21 and what a week it is !
    Look up Face Down on this site , he does a awesome job with this group !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like if you don't find a group that best fits your personalities it is more important to hook up with a group to get the best rates. And I am glad it is not too early to start booking. It will just make the trip become a little more real and then the countdown can truly begin. Good advice on the flights too. I would have thought the best airfare would have been about two months out. Sucks that there are no direct flights out of Chicago (Ohare) but it is what it is. We haven't taken a real vacation since we got married 16 years ago so we are pretty excited to be total idiots for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHedoCpl View Post
    Thanks, everyone. Sounds like if you don't find a group that best fits your personalities it is more important to hook up with a group to get the best rates. And I am glad it is not too early to start booking. It will just make the trip become a little more real and then the countdown can truly begin. Good advice on the flights too. I would have thought the best airfare would have been about two months out. Sucks that there are no direct flights out of Chicago (Ohare) but it is what it is. We haven't taken a real vacation since we got married 16 years ago so we are pretty excited to be total idiots for a week.
    Check with AA , I think they still have a Saturday direct flight out of ORD
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

AirTrans gos out of Midway nonstop

We book the moment we get home from vacation.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

We generally book 2-6 months in advance. Early if it's a busy popular week, and sometimes later if it's a low occupancy week. Indeed, groups will generally get you the best rate. We've been VERY pleased booking with Robert of Wild Women Vacations. Excellent service and good prices.

We book about 6 month out. First trip was through WestJet Vacations (they don't offer Hedo any more), Red Tag Vacations, Dream Pleasure Tours and most recently Tom's Trips. For the last 2 we booked flights separately with WestJet.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

If there is a flight that Saturday that gets us to Hedo on Saturday morning that is the way to go. i will look into that. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beachshack View Post
    AirTrans gos out of Midway nonstop
    Might have to do it that way but we are not far from Ohare and traveling to Midway is such a chore in Chicago. Or at least if you get zapped with traffic on that day it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    We book about 6 month out. First trip was through WestJet Vacations (they don't offer Hedo any more), Red Tag Vacations, Dream Pleasure Tours and most recently Tom's Trips. For the last 2 we booked flights separately with WestJet.
    thanks, will check them out. Also I see in your signature that St. Martin is a regular stop for you. That is where my wife and i went for our honeymoon in 1997. If you were at Orient Beach we were sharing the beach with you. Our first (and last) nude beach experience and that is what is driving the Hedo trip. Can't believe this much time has passed without living it up a little bit but looking forward to cutting loose. Just have to wait 342 days, 8 hours , 21 minutes and 9 seconds. Not that i am counting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHedoCpl View Post
    thanks, will check them out. Also I see in your signature that St. Martin is a regular stop for you. That is where my wife and i went for our honeymoon in 1997. If you were at Orient Beach we were sharing the beach with you. Our first (and last) nude beach experience and that is what is driving the Hedo trip. Can't believe this much time has passed without living it up a little bit but looking forward to cutting loose. Just have to wait 342 days, 8 hours , 21 minutes and 9 seconds. Not that i am counting.
    Yes, we spent 20 years going to St. Martin and Orient Beach mostly staying at Club Orient. Then we discovered Hedo! We enjoyed Club O but they shut down at 10:30 and you have to leave the resort for any night life. Looking forward to our 5th trip to Hedo in January...only about 40 weeks to go!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast