Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would this be really rude?

Blog Entries
    There is a simple fix. During the day my wife and I like a shady spot under the tree at the beach. As the day goes but the sun shifts. If there is a lounger not being used with stuff on it for hours, we simply move it into the sun a few feet out of the way and take the spot.

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    I usually go down in the morning have some coffee pool side mark our chairs but we are down there by 10:30 and stay all day, but I know how some feel about it we see what goes on and I have told people that are looking for a lounge if anyone has been on a marked one close to us.
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

I think the main problem is that there are few places to put your towels where they will stay dry. There is the bench by the hot tub, and the counter behind the lounge chairs at the nude pool.. but there just isn't a lot of space.. then you have your spf, and other random things you may need. we put our in a bag and under one of the lounge chairs... sometimes that's just not an option though. Typically a unch of us will pile our stuff on one lounge chair, if it's obvious someone wants to lay the'y're we'll figure something out. it's just impractical to have that many people there and no small storage cubbies. good to know there are some there now.. but I doubt it's really enough!

I for one go back and forth from the pool, games and the lounger most of the day from nineish to about four in the afternoon. So, I maybe "gone" for an hour or more and then back for an hour or more and often end up moving the chair into the shade
    as it moves. Last trip the lounge was in the shade early and I ended up moving it quite a lot as I was next to one of the great new umbrellas most days.
    So, rude to move things? ya, if you move my stuff I could be a bit of a jerk when I come back ready to crash and read. I do however understand and once I am even thinking about leaving have told others looking I was about to leave and if they
    wanted my chair in the shade to use it. That is what the large bag is for, all the stuff and it fits under the lounger till I am ready to pick it up.

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoIIIlover View Post
    I for one go back and forth from the pool, games and the lounger most of the day from nineish to about four in the afternoon. So, I maybe "gone" for an hour or more and then back for an hour or more and often end up moving the chair into the shade
    as it moves. Last trip the lounge was in the shade early and I ended up moving it quite a lot as I was next to one of the great new umbrellas most days.
    So, rude to move things? ya, if you move my stuff I could be a bit of a jerk when I come back ready to crash and read. I do however understand and once I am even thinking about leaving have told others looking I was about to leave and if they
    wanted my chair in the shade to use it. That is what the large bag is for, all the stuff and it fits under the lounger till I am ready to pick it up.
    Im sorry but I give you 20min to come back for your chair. Then its for the taking. You had your turn..ya leave then its our turn. We leave its your turn again. I don't play the whole I give you the chair until I get back gig.....nah! Sorry! I may be a bit of a jerk but...we are on vacation too.
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

I'm not quite this radical but back in the day there was an old saying between my friends and I, "You move your feet, you lose your seat". I think reserving a chair by the pool/Jacuzzi/beach extends to getting up to get a drink or to hop in the pool/Jacuzzi/beach. Otherwise if you leave the area take your stuff. That's just my two cents.

I have personally seen a couple (group leaders at that) who 'booked' loungers under the tree, round the pool (wanted to be in the thick at games time), and down the beach (wanted some peace and quiet). Six loungers, all day long. Such ignorance and that 'I'm important' attitude can piss anyone else off.

Hedo is about respect. So let that be the guiding principal.

We promise not to reserve loungers before breakfast. We promise to return to our 'places' immediately after swimming, playing games, etc.

PNK

July 10 - 17, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    I'm not quite this radical but back in the day there was an old saying between my friends and I, "You move your feet, you lose your seat". I think reserving a chair by the pool/Jacuzzi/beach extends to getting up to get a drink or to hop in the pool/Jacuzzi/beach. Otherwise if you leave the area take your stuff. That's just my two cents.
    wow you grew up on the proper side of the tracks

We always said "Move your MEAT lose your seat".

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Quote Originally Posted by loverstriangle3 View Post
    Im sorry but I give you 20min to come back for your chair. Then its for the taking. You had your turn..ya leave then its our turn. We leave its your turn again. I don't play the whole I give you the chair until I get back gig.....nah! Sorry! I may be a bit of a jerk but...we are on vacation too.

It can sometimes take 30 minutes just to get lunch or even a drink!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123