Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Passport Woes

First Timers

Helo All, well I have joined the web site and have read different posts and there have been some good information. My husband I first time at Hedo will be the week of Wild Women Vacations.....We are so excited!!!! If there is anyone on this site that will be there during the week of Aug 5th 2007 please let me know. I look forward to meeting new people. I am applying for my passport next week, will that give me enough time to receive it by August?

Also what exactly can we expect to see, and do in Hedo?

F Y I . . .

It doesn't really help with Jamaica, but FYI...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/...us_passports_9

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sexyindcpl View Post
    im going to call tonight to see what I need to do to get that discount, I think we can get $97 credit for us both to use at hedo.... hmmm wonder what I could do with 97$ dollars after all the money we have spent this past week trying to get there we dont have much to play on while there, not like we need to really go anywhere, seems the fun is all right there with us
    we were told you need to turn in a copy of your receipts for the passports as well as copies of the picture page and first page of passports. we were originally told they would take the credit off the total price of the vacation. later we were told they submit it to hedo and you wait for a credit after your vacation. doesnt make much sense to me. i am actually going to turn ours in tomorrow when i make the final payment. woo hoo!!! so i can let you know what they say tomorrow. if i can even talk to someone that knows what to do with it. lol seems only one or two of the agents have even heard of it. even after i direct them to the hedo site they still seem to be confused.

Copnkitten--- we are letting out TA take care of it .. she said she would for us so we will see. it does look like what they are saying now on the passport id a little diff then when we signed up to go to hedo3. so we will see what happends. or we will find another TA lol

They told us we would be refunded the amount, faxed everything twice, emailed them 4 or 5 times (well kitten did). Just sent email again this week, waiting for reply this time.
    Was still worth the money, 10X over. But if someone says they are giving you something, I'm kind of a stickler about things like that.
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Wink ok hmmm

on the link to one of the pages for passports through these post it gives three different ways to get your passport credit,

I called superclubs today and she said that it had to be submitted 30 days before the trip, and I asked about one of the 3 promotions that I seen on that page and she said that is something each individual resort is doing, is that correct.

as far as the receipts for the passports hmmm i dunno i have to search... that is meaning the receipts from the PO correct? We had ours expedited through a private company......

any info is good info over here

~kelly

when we signed up to go it was diff then what it says now.. so I sent it onto me TA what you said and will let you know what she says about it.. and she is at H2 right now so she can look into it better from there.

see if this page helps you at all.
    http://www.superclubs.com/BreezesPassportForm.pdf

To all who need to know...The government has lifted the restrictions for passports...If anyone has applied for a passport and havent received it back yet, as long as you have the receipt from when you applied and a valid pic id you will be able to travel. They have extended this until September. So if anyone was worried about not having your passport in time enough for your trip...theres no need to worry anymore.

a little more to it then that. lol.. you have to have a paper from the Gov. you just have to send it for it and they will get it right to you.

Adults who have applied for but not yet received a passport should present government-issued photo identification and an official proof of application from the U.S. Department of State. Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child’s proof of application. Travelers who have not applied for a passport should not expect to be accommodated. U.S. citizens with pending passport applications can obtain proof of application at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...atus_2567.html .

Hello I talked to my TA today and she said that when you get to the resort show them your passport and they will sign the paper you need to have to get your money back. and she said to bring that all back to her. The signed paper, the PO receipts, was all she said I would need. so I hope this works for us all. with the new passport relaxing paper I would think they would be ok with that if you dont have the real passport.

Quote Originally Posted by thycknjuicee View Post
    To all who need to know...The government has lifted the restrictions for passports...If anyone has applied for a passport and havent received it back yet, as long as you have the receipt from when you applied and a valid pic id you will be able to travel. They have extended this until September. So if anyone was worried about not having your passport in time enough for your trip...theres no need to worry anymore.
    Half true. You can re-enter the US only without a passport. AKA, for most of us this rule is irrelevant.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

A little FYI...

I just renewed my passport and requested expedited service. Cost an extra $60, but I wanted the reassurance that I would get it back before November. Well, total time from mailing to receiving the renewed passport...2 weeks! Definitely worth the money. Oh and one other bit of advice: If your name has extra capital letters in it, the US Gov will automatically put a space in your name (example Di Niro vs DiNiro). Apparently this can matter when comparing the name on your plane ticket (or other document) to the one on your passport. My recommendation is to spell your last name all in caps without spaces on your passport app. Now if all your other official docs already have a space, then it shouldn't matter.
    Doc
    Inactive profile. Messages and emails will not be answered.

Has anyone traveled without their passport from the US to Jamaica since the travel accommodation on June 8th? We contacted the Jamaican Tourist Board and were told that traveling into and out of Jamaica would not be a problem as long as we had the same documentation the US is allowing through the September deadline. Just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience yet. We travel in August and it isn't looking promising that we will be getting our passports in time.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast