Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couples Resorts - Help for Newbies

Couples Resorts - Help for Newbies

Hi Everyone. My wife and I are late bloomers to the au natural lifestyle and have been exploring several forums. We love this one but everything seems to center around Hedo II. Can anyone point us to or give us any info for Couples San Souci (we are booked for a week Nov 18-25). This will be our first visit to a couples only resort. We have been to SXM several times and love the beaches at Orient and Cupecoy. I don't think we are ready for Hedo/Desire Pearl/Hidden Beach type visit yet but we are interested in PDA were appropriate. We are also looking into a AN/CO cruise as we live in Tampa and have easy access to the ports. Thanks for being patient with all these questions.

Hi guys!

Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is a Hedo II dominated forum, but there are still lots of people on here that do the milder resorts as well.

Our first nude experience was at Couples Negril in '05. Then we did Couples Sans Souci in '06. The place is awesome! There are "Kodak Moments" everywhere. The nude area has a very nice pool with a cave & waterfall. There is also a nice swim-up bar and a grill area. The hot tub is kinda small... That's the one thing they really ought to improve about the area. They need to put a hot tub in like the one on the Couples Negril A/N side.

The beach is nice but the water is pretty rocky until you get out a ways.

Sans Souci is very laid back with an early night life. You can venture over to the nude side at night, but it is only staffed with security, so you'll have to take some drinks or champagne over with you.

Feel free to email us if you have any other specific questions. It's been a few years since we were there, but we'll try to answer anything we can.

KnD
    Desire Pearl hot tub, beds & swim-up bar:

Incredible paradises we've had the pleasure of experiencing:
    Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)
    Desire Riviera Maya - Hidden Beach Resort - Desire Pearl - Hedonism II

I love your "Kodak Moments" shout out. I'm a former (as are 100's of thousands of others) Kodak employee...any shout out you can give for those that remain or rely still on the ongoing viability of the company is appreciated!

We're off to Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in just a short 3 days! Sharon's Wicked Weasels and Malibu Strings are layed out for swimsuit days. Nude sunbathing on the Private Island for other days! Yah Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by hedo2desire View Post
    Hi guys!

Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is a Hedo II dominated forum, but there are still lots of people on here that do the milder resorts as well.

Our first nude experience was at Couples Negril in '05. Then we did Couples Sans Souci in '06. The place is awesome! There are "Kodak Moments" everywhere. The nude area has a very nice pool with a cave & waterfall. There is also a nice swim-up bar and a grill area. The hot tub is kinda small... That's the one thing they really ought to improve about the area. They need to put a hot tub in like the one on the Couples Negril A/N side.

The beach is nice but the water is pretty rocky until you get out a ways.

Sans Souci is very laid back with an early night life. You can venture over to the nude side at night, but it is only staffed with security, so you'll have to take some drinks or champagne over with you.

Feel free to email us if you have any other specific questions. It's been a few years since we were there, but we'll try to answer anything we can.

KnD
    Last edited by pbartell; 03-05-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error

We go to Couples Sans Souci in May. We got started going nude at Grand Lido Braco nine years ago and became addicted. Can't wait for our trip after such a long cold winter!

Here's one of our "Kodak Moments" from Couples Sans Souci. It's looking down from the G-block of rooms overlooking the Mineral Pool, which overlooks the Caribbean Sea.

Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)

We've been to Couples Tower Island and it was our first time AN. We loved it and have gone to other AN resorts since. However, at Couples, PDA is not allowed and, if you get "caught" at it, they reserve the right to show you to the door without refund. Enjoy your time in the sun with each other, but save the PDA for Hedo or other like-minded resorts.

We have been to Hedo a few times and its Ok but we have found that we actually like places like Hidden beach, N resort and especially Grand Lido Negril better. We also want to try the Couples san Sochi some time but we are going back to Grand Lido on sunday. We find it more relaxing but you still meet friendly nude people and can still have fun in the hot tub at night. there is some awesome snorkeling right off the nude beach and the grilled jerk lamb chops you can get at the nude grill are fabulous!

Thanks Dakotacpl....looking forward to your review

From everything we have read this seems to be the main difference in the two styles of AN resorts...the tolerence for PDA...as we are new to this I think CSS is probably the best place for us getting a late start thanks for the advice

CSS is a really nice resort and Sunset Beach is probably as good of a AN facility as there is at any Jamaican All-Inclusive (I have been to Hedo, N, CSS and CTI - sorry I missed Braco in the day). BTW, the hot tub and pool area at Sunset Beach has recently been renovated and the hot tub looks great in the pictures I have seen while they removed the waterfall and the cave in the pool.

The big differences between Couples and Hedo is that Couples has better amenities (rooms/food) while Hedo is much more of a party place complete with PDA's (which are definitely frowned upon at Couples).

Be sure to sign up for the Couples rewards program (Romance Rewards) on the Couples website. One of the perks is the Trading Places program which will let you enjoy Couples Tower Isle for a day.

You won't regret choosing CSS...but at some point consider giving Hedo a try...it isn't everybody's thing, but it is an experience and those who love it go over and over again.

Heading to CTI tomorrow (2nd time there)...looking forward to it after a very long winter.
    Last edited by JW1; 03-16-2014 at 08:10 PM.

We have been to Couples Negril several times. It's where we first went AN as well. You will be happy with Couples resorts, they are great. I would like to try Sans Soucci some time. Make sure you have a trip report!
    Cheers

My wife and I spent a wonderful week at San Souci in 2012. It is a very easy place to experience the freedom of the clothes free life. We spent a week at Hidden Beach in 2013. HB is a much more intimate experience. We enjoyed them both very much.

We are going at the end of the month to Couples Negril then will transfer over to Hedo for 4 days for my birthday. I hope we don't get kicked out of Couples for PDA

JW1,

Thanks for the clarification on the Sunset Beach renovations at Couples Sans Souci. This is the first we've heard about them. I give Couples a lot of credit for continually improving their resorts. In pictures, it looks like they've also deepened the shallow/wading end of the pool and put a volleyball net across where the cave was.

The made their already excellent nude side even better!

Now, if they'd just put a block of rooms on that side overlooking Sunset Beach and staff it at night... They could have a mini-Braco like setup. Braco's nude side was phenomenal. What a shame they let that go!

Braco was an amazing place! Can't wait to get to CSS though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast