Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel to Hedo question

Travel to Hedo question

We're almost at the stage of booking our stay this summer, but I want to be sure we're clear on how we're getting there: We may likely fly non-stop with Southwest to Montego Bay...but how do we get to the resort in Negril from the airport? What's the cheapest, yet still relatively reliable and safe, method? We'll be flying in and out on Wednesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Timidtwo View Post
    We're almost at the stage of booking our stay this summer, but I want to be sure we're clear on how we're getting there: We may likely fly non-stop with Southwest to Montego Bay...but how do we get to the resort in Negril from the airport? What's the cheapest, yet still relatively reliable and safe, method? We'll be flying in and out on Wednesdays.
    Some packages will include a round trip bus to and from the resort. Otherwise, I think this same bug can be purchased for i think $33 pp. These buses often are multiple stop and can take over 2 hours to get to the resort from Mobay
    We tend to go via private car and driver as its nonstop.. there are many references on this site to various drivers. Travel time : as little as 90 minutes direct drive

If you are really adventurous, you can fly in, like we often do.. there are small charter planes that will take you from MoBay to the Negril Aerodrome, which is right across the street from the resort... travel time 20 minutes

Is there a forum dedicated to this, or do we need to filter through topics in the Hedo forum? Sorry if I'm being dense.

transportation to hedo

[QUOTE=The Timidtwo;204181]Is there a forum dedicated to this, or do we need to filter through topics in the Hedo forum? Sorry if I'm being dense.[/QUOTE Your tarvel agent can arrange a bus transfer, or if you go on tripadvisor under negril forums you can find a list of recommended drivers for transfers private or otherwise. Another option is tim air 14 minute flight from mbj to negril.

Blog Entries
    we used rocky tours back in jan.... i think it was $140.00 to hedo and back to the airport.... we have them booked again for our stay in may.... thats one way.....lol... very safe and reliable....
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Go to the top of your screen and find " Advanced Search" Type in "Transfers" and you'll be into a list of MANY similar questions.

Check with your TA and see if your travel plans come with the transfer. Ours from Toronto always do. There are a number of operators listed in the various forums rhat will take you to Hedo. Our 'no stop' runs usually take 60 minutes, or so.

You mention
    "What's the cheapest, yet still relatively reliable and safe, method?" That implies you might see some lack of safety in this trip. It's Jamaica you'll be visiting, Don't even consider your safety to be an issue. it's not. If it was, none of us would visit Hedo. Jamaica is safe (but you might want tostay away from the slums of Kingston -- at the other end of the island). Y

Your drive will be a professional and very friendly if you are respectful to him.

Enjoy

PNK

If you booked through a travel agent contact them and they can book the bus for you.
    If not contact Hedo and they will.
    Still the cheapest and it is reliable.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Some TA's will book this transport for you , Wild Women use's Sun Holiday and they can book it for you when you book your trip. The most cost effective is this type of transportation. It takes an average of an hour and a half to get to the resort.
    Others will use other transport companies like Rocky's tours which is typically a private taxi and can usually get you to the resort a little faster too. Price is about $ 80.00 one way
    And then there is Timair which is a small plane and cost on that could run about $ 220.00 a couple one way , but you get to the resort a lot quicker.
    If you guys are planning Summertime , Late June is a great time to go !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Thanks all for the feedback!

This topic would make a good sticky!

We like sticky

CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Typical taxi fare is $60-70 per couple each way. We use Biggs - nice guy and excellent driver: 876-410-0536. JUTA or other van/bus services are around $25pp. Flying with Timair or Airlink is nice, but expensive..... and it really only saves ~45 min in travel time, since there's time req'd to get to the domestic terminal, check in, wait for the plane to be ready, board, fly to Negril, then taxi to Hedo from the Negril aerodome. It was great back in the day when it was ~$65pp to fly.

Registered User loverstriangle3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Some TA's will book this transport for you , Wild Women use's Sun Holiday and they can book it for you when you book your trip. The most cost effective is this type of transportation. It takes an average of an hour and a half to get to the resort.
    Others will use other transport companies like Rocky's tours which is typically a private taxi and can usually get you to the resort a little faster too. Price is about $ 80.00 one way
    And then there is Timair which is a small plane and cost on that could run about $ 220.00 a couple one way , but you get to the resort a lot quicker.
    If you guys are planning Summertime , Late June is a great time to go !
    Bob
    We transfer this year with Sun Holiday tours. Our.plane lands at 1:15
    El dorado Royal Casitas (Riviera Maya) April 8-14 2010
    Hedo ll - June 21st -28th - 2014
    Hedo ll - April 24th - May 3rd 2015
    Hedo ll - April 22nd - April 30th 2016 loverstriangle3 (SLS)
    D&F

Blog Entries
    Considering that my cab driver hustles me immediately out of the airport and to the cab (like there is some sort of emergency) and we haul ass out and to the resort in about an hour I usually beat or get there the same time as the Tim Air people. I do love the ride, I like chatting with my driver and enjoying the sites, view, cold beer and a couple of puffs.

I'd love to go for a nice small plane flight around the island and I bet Tim Air is way way fun, but by the time you get to their counter at the airport, get on the plane, fly, get off, get your luggage, get a cab to the resort, I'm already there. I'm paying $60 this year, I've paid $80 in the past.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Since this is your first trip, you may want to review some of the information you'll find here:

http://www.jwst.com/getting_there.htm

and on other pages on the site, to prepare you for what to expect. Have fun. It's all good.

I went through LoveVoodoo travel, since we're officially signed up through the Colorful Fantasies trip, and they included a bus to and from the resort. Thanks all!
    SLS/Lovevoodoo- Timidtwo5
    First Hedo trip: July 22-30.
    Second Hedo II trip: July 22-30 2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast