Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $250 Smoking Fine

$250 Smoking Fine

For the smokers out there (cigs or ganga), Hedo management is now fining people $250 who are suspected of smoking in the rooms. They are taking very seriously the new Jamaican anti-smoking laws. There is a sign on the front desk stating the policy but nothing yet in the rooms. Reports are that the maids are now the "Smoking Police" and are the ones contacting management in the event of someone disregarding the new policy.

Let the scrabbling begin.....
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    when we was there in jan there was a sign on the dresser in our room saying no smoking......
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

We were there in Jan they had the no smoking sign in our room as well. First night we didnt even notice the sign but got a minor warning from our lovely maid the next morning. After that we kept it outside no problem.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

by outside do you think its cool to literally keep an ashtray outside window sill/ door?

Good for Hedo for taking this stand. Those of us who find it offensive appreciate having a room that doesn't stink of smoke from the previous occupants.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 02-14-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Car rental companies Stateside charge US$250--$500 if a car is returned after being smoked in... Just keeping up with the times!

Quote Originally Posted by nogozitu View Post
    by outside do you think its cool to literally keep an ashtray outside window sill/ door?
    I'd love to have a proper ashtray outside my room for the butts. Hedo is all inclusive except for the non existent ashtray. sort of like finding a Unicorn. Much better than the ground (which is offensive) or a cup that others will drink from in the future that Hedo provides as ashtrays now (even more offensive)
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sabinaandscott View Post
    I'd love to have a proper ashtray outside my room for the butts. Hedo is all inclusive except for the non existent ashtray. sort of like finding a Unicorn. Much better than the ground (which is offensive) or a cup that others will drink from in the future that Hedo provides as ashtrays now (even more offensive)
    Even if you had a ash tray the non smokers would complain your in a covered area no need to police me I will pay the 250 bucks when I check in . Now lets see if they use the money to freshen the room or just another fee.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

The signs have been there for awhile for non smoking, but they will be putting about the fines in the rooms too, I think.

Technically you can not even smoke right outside your door since it is covered there and you have to smoke somewhere that is not covered. But I hope the non smokers will at least not complain about that. It sucks being a smoker, I wish I could quit again. We bot had 3 years in and then started up again 5 years ago!! Stupidest thing I ever did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Technically you can not even smoke right outside your door since it is covered there and you have to smoke somewhere that is not covered. But I hope the non smokers will at least not complain about that. It sucks being a smoker, I wish I could quit again. We bot had 3 years in and then started up again 5 years ago!! Stupidest thing I ever did!!!
    The law does not say anything about smoking under a covered area. Hedo made that rule, but that was to include the dining room and Harry San. Unless posted elsewhere, there is nothing wrong with smoking outside your room, and if people want to bitch about that, let them. I just wish Hedo would supply more ash trays, last year I kept a cup in the bathroom window sill...this year I do not have to worry about it as I am 9 months smoke free!

FYI...what the Jamaican Law covers.

Jamaica implemented a smokefree air law on July 15, 2013. The law made enclosed public places smokefree, including public transportation; workplaces; government-owned and occupied buildings; health facilities; pharmacies; sports and recreational facilities for use by the public; educational institutions; areas specifically used by children; and places of collective public use, such as bus stops.
    Last edited by Face Down; 02-14-2014 at 11:54 AM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

I wasn't saying they would get fined for smoking outside the room under the roof, I was just saying that some guests would complain that they have to walk past someone who is outside smoking, or that it is next door to them so the smoke is going under their door or something.

It amazes me that in this day and age people get so worked up over smoking laws. It is a fact of life now and we should all get used to it. What is so hard about not smoking here or there, you just move to a spot where it is allowed and all is good. If you want to smoke in an area it is allowed no problem, If I don.t want to be around the smoke then I stay away from that area. No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Canada fun View Post
    It amazes me that in this day and age people get so worked up over smoking laws. It is a fact of life now and we should all get used to it. What is so hard about not smoking here or there, you just move to a spot where it is allowed and all is good. If you want to smoke in an area it is allowed no problem, If I don.t want to be around the smoke then I stay away from that area. No problem

I completely agree....not sure how it works in the states but I know in Canada, the laws are a lot more strict..no smoking in public areas including parks, arenas, playgrounds etc... I guess we are just use to these kinds of things...the biggest thing for us is we are an employer with company vehicles, and even those are smoke free.. Because it is classified as a workplace.. I see it from both sides, the non smokers, and the smokers.. But anyone we have ever met at Hedo, it's never really been an issue, it's all about the respect..
    Last edited by Ontario; 02-14-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    For the smokers out there (cigs or ganga), Hedo management is now fining people $250 who are suspected of smoking in the rooms. They are taking very seriously the new Jamaican anti-smoking laws. There is a sign on the front desk stating the policy but nothing yet in the rooms. Reports are that the maids are now the "Smoking Police" and are the ones contacting management in the event of someone disregarding the new policy.

Let the scrabbling begin.....
    Anywhere outside fine??? UGGG

Quote Originally Posted by East Coasters View Post
    Anywhere outside fine??? UGGG
    They will not fine you for anywhere else except the room. You can smoke anywhere at Hedo that does not have a covered roof.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast