Thread: advice for going alone in 2014

Blog Entries

Cool advice for going alone in 2014

looking to make my 1st trip alone to H-2..curious on peoples thoughts and advice for men going alone and best groups to go with

Greetings,
    Take a look at when you can go then check out the groups that are going the same weeks you can get to Hedo. Any week is a good week just some of them end up having a vibe to them that you may enjoy more.
    Case in point is the group we go with. It is a huge party week in March and a growing one in October. The Hedo Amigos love singles of both sexes, have costume nights and fun day activities. Wild Women Vacations also gets us great rates, added fun things going on as well so the combo lets you have a vacation your way that can be supper filled with planned activities.
    Other weeks you may find are more to your liking. Check to see if a travel agent has a "group" going and has better room rates for those weeks. As a single the "single share" may work for you as well.
    We have had great luck hanging with single males and females. However we have watched single males become too drunk and forget the limits of other people so be aware and do not be one of "those" singles.

Blog Entries
    thanks..i certainly do not wan to be one of those drunk jerks//but i also do not want to end up being a 3rd wheel either...well maybe in some cases...lol

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great advice by HedoIIILover.....pick a timeframe, then see what groups will be there during that timeframe and look for compatibility---both from them to singles (some groups shy away from or will not accept singles) and from you to them (some groups may not meet your vacation criteria).

My group has always allowed singles, just as we do with our Krewe in Key West for Fantasy Fest every year provided the singles understand that being accepted & respected is a mutual thing. Singles always seem to enjoy themselves and are more relaxed with a group and groups place singles in situations & activities that singles may not had access to otherwise. Here is article I wrote a while back about groups:
    Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual group trip to Hedonism II every June,

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort provided you spend a bulk of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for the two speciality restaurants or reserve tables in the main dining area

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new territory or situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 7 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 9 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Ann, TS