Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 16 to 25 trip report

January 16 to 25 trip report

This was our 4th trip to Hedo II, and we travelled with happy anticipation.
    We arrived on a Thursday late morning, so we went through immigration and customs faster than ever before. There is no welcome lounge anymore but we had booked transportation with our travel agent (Tom’s trips), so we were guided to a desk where a lady gave us our bus voucher and checked us in for the bus ride. We were picked up shortly, and a little more than an hour after arriving at MBJ we were in the bus and moving!
    No funny songs or beer stops on the way this time. Guess it depends on who you are riding with, plus it was pouring rain when we left the airport.
    We had booked OVN – we always request a room in the same area because we love our maid (Sadie…give her a hug from us when you are in 2219 or close by). Our room was ready in a few minutes, so we went in and unpacked (we have to do that right away, or chaos takes over…)
    We had not booked a premium room, so here are the changes we saw to the “old” room we were in:
    1) A new flat screen TV. The first day we did not get any channels but found out that the provider was down all around Negril. Not the resort’s fault! Worked perfectly after that was solved.
    2) We had a new bed, new blanket and sheets. New curtains as well.
    3) Mini fridge in the room, not stocked but still helpful (you can have it stocked for extra cost)
    4) An umbrella in the closet
    5) Two beach towels in the closet. No more towel cards. You can basically go and get towels when you need them – and when they have them. Had a few towel shortages during our stay…as well as people who think taking 10 towels at once will help…
    6) New shower head. One day we managed to break it off (sometimes you hit that thing when you turn), and all over sudden had water running…no, pouring! out of the wall into the closet. Fun!! But they had it fixed within an hour, no more issues for the rest of our stay. What a relief, we loved our room and did not want to move.
    Other changes we saw throughout the resort: the food was better than last year. More choices, and fresher. Midnight pizza at the nude grill, in general Delroy’s being open way longer at night time. Also the burgers, Jerk chicken, and chicken pastrami sandwiches were a welcome change for lunch. We had two lobster nights, and both were delicious. The beer tasted always fresh, last year it was a bit stale at times. We also saw management walking around and speaking to guests and staff and making sure things went as expected. New Hobbie Cats for the sailors among us! We had heard that everything except the main dining room was clothing optional now, however I was not allowed to be top less at the prude grill. On this note, the clothes/naked STASI (police) were a bit inconsistent. There were times when hubby was barely at the beach, when he was told to strip (literally standing in front of the beach chair for less than 10 seconds). Other times we saw people standing at Delroy’s with shorts, shirts, bikinis and other clothing and nothing was said. One of the most ridiculous incidents was when the clothes/naked police told a woman to remove her belly chain (besides that she was in her birthday suit).
    Two things that we really think need to be addressed: the piano bar and the disco. The piano bar atmosphere was fun, buzzing, people partying…all good. BUT when you walk in, there is a smell of old, stale alcohol that drove me (Mrs) out after a while. The disco: some nights were more fun than others, as always. Music is a question of personal taste, so we won’t discuss which songs we liked more than others. Like the piano bar, the disco has a smell problem. We are not sure what it was but also something old, stale, just like the place had never seen fresh air.
    We really liked the entertainment – great choreographies and very well performed. And, of course, Winston!!! Always great to see him perform.
    We definitely had a wonderful time, met old friends and found new ones. The atmosphere around the nude pool and Delroy’s that we love so much was there all the time and we enjoyed it. How do you describe that to vanilla people? The amazing feeling to stand at the bar with nothing but a drink (and maybe a hat), chatting and interacting with people around you. As every other time before, we were perfectly happy with everybody being so friendly and open.
    All in all, it was a wonderful trip. New friends (M&T, C&A, D&L, C&J) and of course meeting up with our established friends. We love that place and we will be back!!
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

Great trip report. Hope they see to that smell and they get a grip on the sex police - that's ridiculous.
    16 days to go...

Glad to hear you had a great time!!! 85 more sleeps, can't get here soon enough - we have had so much snow and cold this winter that I am ready for vacation!!!!! xoxoxoxo
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

They told her to remover her belly chain? That's stupid. Are they going to start making people remove their sunglasses next? When we went, I didn't see anyone told they had to strip, some walked up clothed but got undressed when they got to the pool and one night there were a few people in shorts getting pizza, no one said anything...

Great trip report Seems we getting some consistent feedback, which is encouraging

Regarding the nudity police/security, they can only do so much.
    A story from my NYE visit:

I was standing behind a woman in the long line for the prude grille and she had on bottoms. Whatever. I am not there to look at others, I'm there to be naked myself. The first security person asked her to please remove her clothes, she was on the nude side. Her response? I know, I've been coming here for 11(something like that) years. Security just walked away and the next person approached. Please remove your clothes, you are on the nude side. Again, with attitude, she basically told him to shove it and he walked away. Then she and her friend (in a "cover up" that was more holes than material, so really, who cares) start in on "how ridiculous" it was that they asked her to remove her bottoms. And let me tell you, this lady was past the age of "monthly excuses." So I spoke up and told her "it's not ridiculous, it's the policy. and it matters to a lot of people here."
    She just gave me the "drop dead" look and walked away, leaving her husband in line.

It was all good though. I got her dark meat jerk chicken she barked at the cook for

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Great trip report Seems we getting some consistent feedback, which is encouraging

I was standing behind a woman in the long line for the prude grille and she had on bottoms. Whatever. I am not there to look at others, I'm there to be naked myself. The first security person asked her to please remove her clothes, she was on the nude side. Her response? I know, I've been coming here for 11(something like that) years. Security just walked away and the next person approached. Please remove your clothes, you are on the nude side. Again, with attitude, she basically told him to shove it and he walked away. Then she and her friend (in a "cover up" that was more holes than material, so really, who cares) start in on "how ridiculous" it was that they asked her to remove her bottoms. And let me tell you, this lady was past the age of "monthly excuses." So I spoke up and told her "it's not ridiculous, it's the policy. and it matters to a lot of people here."
    She just gave me the "drop dead" look and walked away, leaving her husband in line.

It was all good though. I got her dark meat jerk chicken she barked at the cook for
    Do you mean the nude grill? You said prude grill. Funny story though!!!

I am happy they are enforcing the nude side rule. (Although a belly chain is a bit far fetched). If you don't want to be nude, then there is a clothing optional side. No excuses. Although I did see a few people during the day with a t-shirt draped over their shoulders in the pool, but it was obvious they were VERY burnt and sun screen just wasn't enough - but they had all their bits uncovered, so that was one exception that is understandable.

When we went and there were people in shorts on the nude side, it was really late, they were getting pizza and they left when they were done, so I wasn't upset, just saying that the policy is a little disjointed...

Quote Originally Posted by DeaDellaNotte View Post
    When we went and there were people in shorts on the nude side, it was really late, they were getting pizza and they left when they were done, so I wasn't upset, just saying that the policy is a little disjointed...
    We had that happen a few times last year too. If it is a complex outfit then I can see you not wanting to take it off until you get back to the room. But if it is just a pair of shorts, take them off and throw them over your shoulder - that's my opinion anyway

Nice report...glad you had a great time. We were there at the same time but unfortunately did not meet you, probably passed each other multiple times. We also saw the inconsistency in the nude rules. The only time we saw it enforced was when two ladies walked by the pool and someone complained to Security. Others wore thongs and bottoms all week with impunity. Remove a body chain? WTF
    We haven't been in the disco yet, we were going to go in but the music was so loud outside I was afraid to open the door!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Remove a belly change is wrong. If that is the case there should be no jewelry at all.
    Hedo 2 March 2006
    Hedo 2 March 2009
    Hedo 2 March 2011
    Hedo 2 March 2012
    Hedo 2 March 2013
    Hedo 2 March 2014
    Hedo 2 March 2016
    Desire Dec 2017
    Desire June 2018
    Hedo 2 March 2019
    Hedo 2March 3 - 13 2020
    Next trip HEDO 2 3/1 to 3/11 2023

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Nice report...glad you had a great time. We were there at the same time but unfortunately did not meet you, probably passed each other multiple times. We also saw the inconsistency in the nude rules. The only time we saw it enforced was when two ladies walked by the pool and someone complained to Security. Others wore thongs and bottoms all week with impunity. Remove a body chain? WTF
    We haven't been in the disco yet, we were going to go in but the music was so loud outside I was afraid to open the door!
    Hi CapnMorgan, I thought the same when I saw ypur report. We were there at the same time! Do you remember a woman with a big pink hat? That would have been me (no one told me to take it off lol...) Are you going again next year? Would be nice to meet you and say hello.
    We love dancing, so we always try out the disco. Maybe I can convice the hibby to DJ himself next time :-)
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post

Something positive came from this encounter! Nope it was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by rast67 View Post
    Hi CapnMorgan, I thought the same when I saw ypur report. We were there at the same time! Do you remember a woman with a big pink hat? That would have been me (no one told me to take it off lol...) Are you going again next year? Would be nice to meet you and say hello.
    We love dancing, so we always try out the disco. Maybe I can convice the hibby to DJ himself next time :-)
    Herladyship remembers the big pink hat, she wore a pink baseball hat and mine was a white baseball hat with a Canada hockey logo on it...no other distinguishing features LOL. We will most likely be there the same week next year, I wanted to go back at the end of April but got the thumbs down?
    s

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Herladyship remembers the big pink hat, she wore a pink baseball hat and mine was a white baseball hat with a Canada hockey logo on it...no other distinguishing features LOL. We will most likely be there the same week next year, I wanted to go back at the end of April but got the thumbs down?
    Is you change your mind about the last week of April let me know since our group is there that week. We have lots of free goodies for the ladies, including a hat

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Is you change your mind about the last week of April let me know since our group is there that week. We have lots of free goodies for the ladies, including a hat
    Thanks Mac r a, I will keep working on it, just have to play my cards right.
    s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast