Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about the "new" Hedo .....

Confused about the "new" Hedo .....

I've been away from the forum for a long time, and Hedo for about 3 years, sigh ... gotta major case of :IF:: !, but we're heading back in less than 6 weeks so I've been reading a lot of the new trip updates to glean information about all the changes happening there. I've noticed some comments about girls wearing bikini bottoms and that it is now "clothing optional" at the whole resort as opposed to Nude and Prude. And yet I've also seen people commenting that they stayed on the "Prude" side to save money. So what's up? Is it still Nude and Prude or is it now all clothing optional? And if it's gone to clothing optional for the whole resort, are people still getting naked or are lots of folks clothed to one degree or another?
    Thanks,
    Nardia

Not sure what happened to my DIF emoticon there :/

We were there last year, so other more recent visitors, may be able to add more up to date information. When we were there, there was still reference to a Nude and Prude side. The Nude side is suppose to be that - NUDE! There were some ladies with bottoms on which we accept as there are reasons for ladies to be attired. However, when a male shows up with bottoms on and sits himself on a pool side lounger and stares, it is time for security to step in and for the most part they do. We hope that the Management at Hedo remain vigilant at policing for nudity so that it does not spoil the atmosphere and freedom that we all have come to love. The Prude side is now clothing optional and therefore you will get people clothed and/or nude there. It is quieter there (less noise and activity) so it is nice to have the option of going over to that side, still be naked and have a rest during the day. As far as we are concerned, it seemed to us that it is fully acceptable to be nude on the prude side but not to be clothed on the nude side.
    As to staying on the prude side - we usually do. Yes, it is further to walk to get to the nude pool but it is not that far. Advantages are that the rooms on the prude side are less expensive and the walk in the evening to the dining area is somewhat closer in high heels. Each morning we left our room nude and enjoyed the walk to the Nude side via the lower walkway by the disco and down to the watersports area. Occasionally I would wrap a sarong around my waist. We were never told to cover up.
    Enjoy your return trip home. You will notice changes but I think will find them positive. Have a wonderful vacation!

Nude side is still nude (although inconsistently enforced) and Prude side is referred to as "clothing optional" or "regular".
    Just got back and nudity is quite common on the "regular" side except for dining room area, lobby, etc.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks to both of you ... sounds like they're trying to open things up a bit on the prude side. Is the new management being a bit sloppy about enforcement of "nude" or are they not even aware that it is, or can be, an issue for people to be on the nude side while wearing something. I do understand about women on occasion feeling more comfortable in bikini bottoms, although it was never a problem for me, but my feeling is if it's nude, then it's nude. Anyway, I'm anxious to see the upgrades and updates but I really hope the old Hedo vibe is still there ... especially because we're bringing friends with us this trip - newbies - and I so want them to have as much fun there as we have always had!

It has been loosely been clothing optional on the prude side for over 3 years now. But it is now official. The nude side was actually a problem with more and more wearing clothes, but since the new owners, they have actually been enforcing it a lot more.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Well, that would explain it as it's been exactly 3 years since we were last there ... but I wanted to hear what you just said mac r a - that they're enforcing it better on the nude side! I do hope that's the case because we are SO looking forward to getting back home again after such a long absence and to us nude means, well ... naked, not half dressed!!

My wife had to ware bottoms on our first ever trip. That sucks more than I can say. By the last few days she was naked as could be. I understand that if they need them but otherwise nude on the nude side please. We were nude everywhere and glad Hedo allows that on both sides.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

"Is the new management being a bit sloppy about enforcement of "nude" or are they not even aware that it is"

In early December, and in October, the Security staff were very prompt at 'reminding' guests that the nude side is nude. People dropping down to the nude bar area, for the first time, or those about to head home, were allowed to be dressed for a few minutes. Others were asked to be nude very promptly -- the exemptions being a couple of surgical patients and the 'usual'. Further along the beach, towards the pier, the enforcement was less rigid, though almost nobody there was other than totally nude. Further along the beach (in the old prude side) the degree of undress was variable with some totally node, some topless, and some fully dressed. The latter were generally local guests as part of the incumbent groups.

Seen plenty of naked people round the main pool (been there as one of them for a BIG pool party) and down the slide. So fear not, your nudity will not be compromised.

PNK

So I don't think you need consider the new management as lax -- the new owner I spoke to is definitely 'one of us'.

It Sounds like that there are some guest that may be confused about the two sides. If the prude side is now clothing optional, maybe some guest think that is the case for the whole resort. We have been going for the past 7 years and it was not until reading in this forum that we found out that the Prude side is clothing optional. So maybe the management is not making it clear to new guest. Just our opinion. We agree Nude is Nude with the occasional exception stated in earlier post.
    Hedo 2 March 2006
    Hedo 2 March 2009
    Hedo 2 March 2011
    Hedo 2 March 2012
    Hedo 2 March 2013
    Hedo 2 March 2014
    Hedo 2 March 2016
    Desire Dec 2017
    Desire June 2018
    Hedo 2 March 2019
    Hedo 2March 3 - 13 2020
    Next trip HEDO 2 3/1 to 3/11 2023

We were there over New Years, and we didn't see anyone hanging out in clothes on the nude side.

Blog Entries
    I think you'll find the vibe the same as always.

My "prude" room was up near the diningroom and I walked to and fro nekkid everyday, night, afternoon etc. I did run into a lady who must have thought she was on the "prude" side as she was a little taken aback by seeing me walking up the stairs across the deck toward my room nekkid. I did welcome them to Hedo. After that I usually whipped my towel around me as I was walking up the stairs.......Just to be respectful of anyone that might be uncomfortable seeing my nekkid ass strutting by.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

we just got back and there were a few ladies wearing bottoms. I know that some said its because of their monthly visitor, well mine came unexpectedly and well hubby became my official string cutter!!! I didn't wear bottoms!!! But a woman going around wearing a white bottom, don't tell me you got your little friend cause no one wears a white bikini bottom when she is visiting. But as they say if you want to be noticed wear clothes!!! No one was asked to remove theirs until the last day and the lady was using the excuse but she was wearing the bottoms a full week. Come off it!!! if you want to party on the nude side then be nude. If you don't want to remove your bottoms then stay on the other side. I think that security should be at all entrances to the nude side saying remove or no admittance. Just my opinion!!
    Jan 30- Feb 7, 2017 Wild Women Vacations
    Jan 16- 23rd, 2016, Dream Pleasure Tours
    Nov 4 to 14, 2015, 7th Trip, Pure Pleasure Week with SLS
    Jan 17-Jan 24, 2015, 6th trip with PLEASURE LIFESTYLE WEEK – DREAM PLEASURE TOURS
    Aug 31 - Sept 10 5th trip home with JWST
    April 29 - May 11 2014 Princess Week Partying with the Fluff's!!!
    Jan 31-Feb 7 2014 Wild Woman 14th Anniversary Trip 3
    Dec 30-Jan 6th 2013 Bare Bottom Bunch Trip
    April 29-May 13 2012 Trip 1

I'm sorry, but the nude side seems to be just clothing optional now. We were there for two weeks. There were ladies that were there the whole time we were there that wore their bottoms the whole time. That is not lady problems. That is abusing the system. And there were LOTS of women wearing bottoms. I have never seen so many bottoms. I'm thinking they have gotten pretty relaxed in enforcing the nude side of it.
    H3 01/19 - 01/25 2009
    H3 01/11 - 01/17 2010
    H2 02/28 - 03/07 2011
    H2 02/10 - 03/21 2013
    H2 Jan 29 - Feb 13 2014

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

~Nora Ephron~

Spydergirl; Murphy's Law - at the risk of sounding militant about it, I'm inclined to agree. I hate the idea that Hedo should have to require security to enforce nudity - it's absurd in the extreme! But as you all say - nude is nude - going topless is trying to have it both ways. And if that's what you're after, go for it - just do it somewhere else. We're getting a bit fed up with the semi-nude or textiles taking over all the nice beaches here in Europe as well, specifically Spain and the Balearics. Jeez, if you can't count on Hedo, where's a naturist girl to go, LOL!

Still, after the crap winter we've had here in the UK - our ground floor was under water on Christmas Eve! - I am suffering a serious jones for Negril so I guess we'll take it as it comes. But I know one thing ... if there are lots of folks around the nude pool and beach who are clothed to any degree my husband will make an issue of it with the new management - should be fun!

Thanks all for your input.
    Nardia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast