Thread: Paradise Lakes near Tampa

Paradise Lakes near Tampa

Could anyone with knowledge of Paradise Lakes Resort near Tampa comment on the lodging and atmosphere there? The web site does not show many pics of the grounds or the lodging that is available. We're looking for a place to get warm and naked, probably late March or early April. Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there...I have been to Paradise Lakes many times (most recent was just before Christmas) and since cameras are strictly forbidden you won't find many photos (although I have a few photos in my personal Flickr photo pages).

Rooms have always been clean, nice and updated & close to everything on site.

Atmosphere-wise, Paradise Lakes seems to always be more laid back & relaxed than Caliente with a little more energy on weekends especially in the Club and even more during special events so I would recommend that you check their website calendar for a timeframe that might help you meet your criteria for a great time.

Thank you so much for the reply! I think it would benefit the resort to add pics of the resort. We don't need to see naked people in the pics but shots of the grounds and pool would be beneficial!
    Another question, do you know if the pool is heated?
    Thanks again!

Check tripadvisor.com. You can get a pretty good feeling of the resorts by the reviews that people post. Pay attention to the complaints and you will be able to prepare for the trip.

Blog Entries
    The main pool is generally not heated but the conversation pool always is....

Thank you all so much! One final question,,,can my wife wear her 'Hedo' type clothing in Club Reveal and not feel out of place? The vibe we get from the website aapears to lean that way. We aren't looking for something to replace Hedo. We're just looking to kick back, get warm and naked, and get some much needed r&r. Airfare to Tampa from our local airports us just too good to pass up compared to Jamaica or Mexico.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Hedo style clothing is fine for Club Reveal and depending on the theme that night....actually encouraged.

PLI should meet your needs and hopefully the weather cooperates...

Hi there, as I live near Paradise Lakes, I have gone there quite often and feel I can give you some insight. First of all, in the past year and a half since the new owners have taken over, the place has improved dramatically. They have brought in a fresh energy to the resort and have made it accessible to a wide range of people. In fact, that really is their "motto" - free to be yourself. And yes, as pics are not allowed there it is best to check out Trip Advisor and Yelp, there are a lot of pics of the resort posted there. And I agree with the other comments - if you check their website it lists all of their events on a calendar (p.s. they have lifestyle "date" nights on specific Thursday eves - it is called "Date Night" on their calendar). The resort has done a great job of incorporating theme nights at their nightclub each weekend that are well attended. You will find a wide range of dress/undress in the nightclub and your wife should fit right in (they even have a great boutique at the resort that sells all types of clubwear). They do have live music on the weekends - again, check the website. I think that the atmosphere is very laid back as you say - it is described as a "clothing-optional" resort that is friendly and great for relaxing near the pools (the main pool is heated, by the way) Really, I can't say anything negative - though not lifestyle-specific you will find like-minded people. It is a fun, friendly, reasonable and open environment. Hope you enjoy!!

Thank you all so much for the replys!

I always enjoyed all my visits to Paradise Lakes Resort.