Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pandora's Forest

We stayed in the lodge so I can't speak for the shower situation, but they replaced the filter on the pool and it was crystal clear.

Blog Entries
    OK. Well, here's our followup:

We have a lot of mixed feelings about this place. Two or three years ago it was packed with people on weekends and it was affordable. But this is no longer the case.

The problems with the pool have been corrected and the ladies bath house was closed only one of the two days we were there. But the drink prices went up again this year and a room in the lodge is so expensive that it's just absurd. The open rate for a lodge room is $120-$130 per night, though we got ours at a discount for $90. On top of that are day feels totaling $60 per day! So even with a discount, we were looking at over $150 a night for a room at this, well, VERY rustic resort.

If this were a five-star resort, maybe we'd be fine with $150 to $180 a night. But we are talking about a room that has NO WI-FI. That was discontinued last year. It also has NO working television as of this year. It was explained that there had been difficulty with the local cable company so their answer was just to cut off the TV service. And these rooms have no private bathroom, either. Those are shared with other guests and are down the hall.

The management, which we understand is seeking to sell the resort, doesn't seem to understand that there is such a thing as pricing yourself out of the market. They have raised rates for the campground as well and probably 75 percent of it was vacant during our recent stay. None of the couples we've known down there were present. Most of the semi-permanent sites are empty.

We cut our stay short once we got sticker shock, realizing that we were on track to spend close to $500 including drinks, some food, day fees, room rental and taxes for only two nights. We have loved Timberline / Pandora's Forest. But we just can't afford to go there anymore.
    Last edited by adventuretrek; 06-18-2014 at 12:29 AM.

How Come this thread is dead. I will be there on 12 anybody else going

Newcomer to this site, but have been to Pandora's twice this summer. Both times was mid week, so very quiet. The grounds were inviting and the pool enjoyable. Being naked outside is one of my pleasures. I hope to be there this weekend so if anyone is looking for a single male either to join a couple or for some one on one time let me know.

Where is Pandora's Forest located?

Blog Entries
    Pandora's Forest is near Crossville, Tennessee. I believe it is exit 311 off of I-40, Plateau Road. It is a very pretty area.

We will be going back down there soon to see how things are now. The news from this place is that they have quit trying to run a bar so everyone is able to bring coolers up to the pool. The lack of a bar tab will definitely bring down the price. We shall see.

We traveled to Pandora's recently for the first time and had a really nice experience. It's all BYOB which was nice, and will definitely save you some cash. We stayed in the lodge, and our room was very nice and clean. The bathrooms were Euro style, down the hall. The pool was packed while we were there and everyone was very friendly, especially the staff. The food was decent for what it was, nothing fancy, but good. Overall the place is definitely rustic, and it needs some upkeep for the facilities.

The above being said, we will definitely be heading back for a quick getaway, as there aren't too many places in the south where you can have a similar experience. It's definitely cheaper and easier than catching a plane to Cancun. As long as you're not high maintenance, and don't expect an upscale resort like RM or Pearl, you should have a good time.

Great Place,,, Simply awesome. Being from S. Fl. we didn't expect to find a hot crowd tucked away in the TN mountains. Filled with MT hotties and the friendliest crowd we ever experienced. The owners and staff will do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. Great club, the dance floor never cleared, WiFi thru out the resort. The pool was clean as the rest of the grounds... We first heard of the club from Winston at HEDO who told us these folks knew how to party and was he ever correct.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12