Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee at Hedo

Coffee at Hedo

So, how is the coffee at Hedo? I'm thinking they don't serve Blue Mountain (not that we've ever had it)there however we need a big cup in the morning and we're pretty particular about our coffee. Ok, really particular. It's gotta be good and there has to be either 10 or 18% cream in it. Based on the feed back from you, we'll decide on whether we should bring/buy some prior to entering the grounds. We're not Starbucks people, we're just into a good cup that's at least comparable to lets say: McDonalds coffee or a Timothy's. Thanks
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

Next ride to Hedo: Jan 29th - Feb 16th 2016. :

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Ahh,my memories of HEDO coffee...you have hit a nerve here.I would start off with the plain black coffee with my omellette every morning and then move on to the little automatic cappuchino machine for more beloved caffeine.For a real coffee snob it would probably be marginal,not so for this old boy.I thought it so much better than McDonald's etc.I have not had a Starbucks in years becuase I am simply not going to pay that kind of money for a cup of coffee.Starbucks never impressed me the time or two I tried it,except for the price of course.One thing about HEDO,unlimited coffee.When we went over to Sandals you got some in a pitcher and that was that.They were stingy about coffee for some reason.

Ok, so N.N. was the plain black coffee better than Mc D's or were you referring to the Cappuchino?
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

coffee in our opinion at the resort is marginal at best, they do not have cream...they offer kilk...and I think it's 2%. There is a coffee maker and I believe now a fridge in each room. The coffee supply in the room is not always re-stocked. So if cream is your wish...you may want to pick up off resort.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Thanks for the info, we'll buy cream prior, there is no way we can do coffee with milk or "kilk". LOL what the hell is Kilk? I can understand if it came from a Goat they might call it Gilk!
    Last edited by rennie69; 12-21-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Typo, but they always ask if you want milk and pour the coffee and milk 1/2 and 1/2 at the same time...YUCK. I ask for my coffee and get Milk after...sometimes we bring powdered whitner from home
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

We'll be on the beach in Negril the day before. Do you know if they sell cream in the grocery?

We take a baby Keurig pot and K-cups --we did find something close to 1/2 n 1/2 in the dining room.
    We also went to the grocery store mid week at got more

Rocked having fresh coffee on the beach every morning

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Wife an I never really thought much about the coffee at any resorts we've been to however they tend to taste better as the week goes on. Add enough sugar and I guess they all taste better. Or maybe we just get used to it. Best ever was the Mexican coffee at one of the resorts in the Mayan (one of several specialty coffees they had) or the Cappuccino in Manzanillo. Maybe when we go to Hedo in 2014 we'll bring some Tim's coffee and brew it our room. Maybe we'll bring enough for all to share. We'll leave the door open so everyone can follow the beautiful aroma of freshly brewed coffee to our room
    Wishful thinking became a fantastic reality.

I love my morning coffee after breakfast, it is strong. So I get my mug of coffee and add a shot of hot water, then add my cream and sugar and it is good to go!!!! Don't forget the shot of hot water!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    Ok, so N.N. was the plain black coffee better than Mc D's or were you referring to the Cappuchino?
    I would say the black coffee beats most fast food places but I did get a good cup once in a Burger King.
    The cappuchino is not so bad for "machine coffee" but if you ever had a cup my brother made and chased with one of his creme broullets then you would be spoiled.All in all,not being a wine or coffee connessieur I am easy to please.Simple tastes make life easier.(also known as "low expectations while traveling")

I've never found the coffee bad.... Not great, but something about sipping it while floating naked in the crystal clear waters makes it tolerable.

I like the coffee at Hedo, 56 days the group of 6 will be having it on the beach watching the sun coming up...

We really like the coffee at Hedo. True, they do not serve Blue Mountain Coffee but the coffee serve is High Mountain coffee. In the dining room, they serve it with milk and you can ask for however much milk you want. At the nude beach in the morning, there is a coffee pot delivered at about 7 am every day along with a "box" of whole milk.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

i always swing by the restaurant and fill my big mug from the big "urn."
    Wonder if that's part of what makes it taste better --- I don't take the stuff that they transfer to the pots that sit on the burners...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast