Thread: Our second trip to Hedonism II - 11/27/2013 to 12/1/2013

Our second trip to Hedonism II - 11/27/2013 to 12/1/2013

For a point of reference, here's a link to our trip report from our very first Hedo trip in 2011:
    http://www.adulttravelforum.com/foru...8-11-to-7-3-11

The last time we went to Hedo, it was our first ever trip back in 2011. This time, we were looking forward to seeing all the changes we had been reading about since the new owners took over. Here's a rundown of the major differences between mid 2011 and late 2013.

The Food - My wife is picky when it comes to food. She still doesn't like it, but will admit the presentation was moderately improved. I didn't have any problem with it last time and still don't now. It met all my needs throughout the duration of both our trips. The service staff did appear to be on their toes. We were never lacking for a full glass of water and I was very pleased by how many times they offered to get us something from the bar. Our favorite spot for lunch was the prude beach grill. We ate there every single day and never got tired of the friendly ladies who worked there. They got our order wrong a few times, but it was all good. No complaints.

The Rooms - We booked a prude side ocean view again and wound up immediately above the exact same room we had last time. We didn't expect to get a renovated room, so we knew what to expect. The room was the same old '80s style we had last time. Since we didn't spend much time there each day, it wasn't a problem. We did see some of the newly remodeled rooms and they looked fantastic. I can't wait until we come back some day. The new rooms are very nice in my opinion.

The Entertainment Staff - Between last time and this time, they lost both Fifty and Sticky Nicky. While we missed them individually, the new staff was absolutely amazing. Their dinner shows were unbelievable. We were both blown away by the high quality choreography each and every night. They really stepped it up a notch. We can't say enough about how amazing the Entertainment Staff was. Whatever they did, they did it well. Loved the dancing! On a final note, Winston is an amazing talent. He is a performer in the truest sense of the word. The resort is lucky to have him.

The Nude Hot Tub - While I understand how sketchy the safety factor was with the big step down into the hot tub, I think they might have gone overboard with the new stairs. They are huge and take up 2 of the 4 clover leaf shapes. I appreciate the added safety, but wish they would have just installed one set instead of two in order to preserve some of the space. It got really crowded a few times.

The Nude Enforcement - We were disappointed to see more than a few people hanging out on the nude side without taking their bottoms off. We totally understand wearing clothes during your walk to or from the nude side, however we disagree with those who ignored the rules to strip down if they decide to stick around. For us, it skews the playing field to an uneven level if some do and some don't follow the rules. I really like the idea of the prude side being opened up to clothing optional. It was a small change, but worth it.

For those of you who enjoy a daily report format, here's what we did:

Wednesday
    • Woke up at 3:00am in 21 degree STL
    • Had a very interesting experience going through security
    • Spent over $50!!! in Miami during our 4 hour layover on 2 burgers and 2 shakes
    • Had a private car transfer from MBJ to Hedo via Rocky's Tours, they did a great job and we'll probably use them again
    • It was raining the whole trip to Hedo, checked in around 5:30pm
    • Ended the night with a quick trip to the nude hot tub and appreciated the oral talents of a wonderful couple who was quite "active" all week

Thursday (Thanksgiving Day)
    • Slept in super late until 11:00am and missed breakfast
    • Headed to the nude beach/pool for some fun in the sun
    • Met K & V from the UK while playing naked "volleyball" with a big beach ball
    • A booked a massage in order to try and get rid of her raging headache
    • Went back to our room for shenanigans and then spent some quality leisure time on the hammock outside our room watching the waves crash
    • Went over to the Nude beach to watch the sun set (amazing) and then met A & K from Ohio on their first ever visit on a day pass
    • Were greeted by a plate of fruit and an iced bottle of sparkling wine in our room
    • Had a hilarious time at the Japanese grill for dinner with D & M from London and J & J from Tennessee, really great people, Ricardo was a fun chef
    • Changed into our Black and White theme attire for the amazing dinner show, then headed to the nude hot tub for some more shenanigans

Friday
    • Woke up early enough to actually make it to breakfast, love Austin's omelets
    • Went to the nude beach, got rained on for about 3 minutes, the only rain of our whole trip except for the ride from MBJ to the resort
    • After a quick naked swim in the main pool (love the new clothing optional rules), had a great chat with T & M from Ohio over lunch at the prude beach grill
    • Went back to our room so I could start painting our commemorative rock, then got ready for our vow renewal
    • Lorna did an amazing job of arranging a very special vow renewal for us to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, ceremony was at sunset on the prude beach with mini-reception in the piano bar
    • Made our first before dinner trip to the nude hot tub and met W & C (the famous Hedo book author), watched a fun BJ race on display
    • Enjoyed the rock star theme show after dinner and the nice lady at the table next to us won the female award for best costume (I won the male award on our last visit)
    • Ran into D & M from London on the way to the piano bar (never really enjoyed piano bar last visit, but did like it this time)
    • Retired to our room after some shenanigans in the hammock, I really love my wife

Saturday
    • Woke up bright and early at 9:00am and had breakfast
    • Landed our choice spot of the week yet again on the nude beach and lounged all day long (heaven on Earth)
    • Met T and her friend S from Oklahoma and we had a fun chat before heading off to each lunch at the prude beach grill again (we love the grill food)
    • Returned to our spot under a tree on the nude beach and finished off the last of the sun for the day, very lazy day and extremely relaxing
    • Went back to the room and finished painting our commemorative rock before placing it at the foot of the stairs outside the only building we've stayed in so far
    • Printed off our boarding passes in the main office before heading over to another round of before dinner nude hot tub
    • The nude hot tub was absolutely standing room only, I've never seen it so crowded, we couldn't even fit so we got in the elevated jet pool in between the soaking pool and the swim up bar pool
    • Met O & M from Toronto on their very first visit, they were a young couple and we really enjoyed seeing the resort through their eyes for the very first time
    • Went back to our room to prepare for the Mask Parade theme night and were lucky to find O & M in the dining room for dinner and later in the Piano Bar
    • Capped off the night at the nude hot tub and ran into O who was flying solo after his wife M crashed for the night

Sunday
    • Actually had to set the alarm for 8:30am so that we could pack and maximize our final hours before leaving for MBJ
    • Ran into O & M from Toronto at breakfast and then parked next to them under our favorite tree on the nude beach side
    • Made the rounds to the nude pool to say some goodbyes to a few folks, T from Ohio and O from Toronto
    • Headed back to our room to pick up our luggage and ate our final lunch at the prude beach grill
    • Finished off our final minutes at Hedo in the hammock outside our room
    • T from Oklahoma walked over from her sweet ocean view hot tub room to chat and then we had to leave
    • Rocky's Tours picked us up right on time and took us to MBJ
    • We ended up in the same aisle on our Miami-bound plane with another Hedo couple and immediately behind a third Hedo couple. We were the only 3 I could find on the plane
    Last edited by STL-MO-CPL; 12-08-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Hedonism II - 28JUN2011 to 03JUL2011, 27NOV2013 to 01DEC2013, 17JUL2023 to 22JUL2023

Desire Pearl - 28MAR2016 to 01APR2016, 19MAR2017 to 24MAR2017, 22JUL2018 to 27JUL2018, 10JUL2021 to 16JUL2021, 26JUN2022 to 30JUN2022 and 01AUG2022 to 05AUG2022

Desire RM - 24NOV2021 to 27NOV2021

Temptation Grand Miches - 08AUG2023 to 13AUG2023

Great report, thanks for posting!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Awesome report, thanks for sharing
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Glad you guys had a great time, just too short a week for sure.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Glad you guys had a great time, just too short a week for sure.
    Cop..
    I just looked back at our previous trip report and realized we stayed an extra day the first time. Really wish we could have stayed longer since we met a very nice couple the night before we went home, but our vacation schedule didn't allow. We both took one vacation day on Wednesday and had the rest of the week off until the following Monday due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday thrown in there. Can't easily do that any other time of the year. Plus, it's a burden on her mom (babysitter) to watch our kids for that long. I'm not sure how the other frequent visitors do it. We'd probably travel more often if we could easily arrange for babysitters.
    Hedonism II - 28JUN2011 to 03JUL2011, 27NOV2013 to 01DEC2013, 17JUL2023 to 22JUL2023

Desire Pearl - 28MAR2016 to 01APR2016, 19MAR2017 to 24MAR2017, 22JUL2018 to 27JUL2018, 10JUL2021 to 16JUL2021, 26JUN2022 to 30JUN2022 and 01AUG2022 to 05AUG2022

Desire RM - 24NOV2021 to 27NOV2021

Temptation Grand Miches - 08AUG2023 to 13AUG2023

Quote Originally Posted by STL-MO-CPL View Post
    I just looked back at our previous trip report and realized we stayed an extra day the first time. Really wish we could have stayed longer since we met a very nice couple the night before we went home, but our vacation schedule didn't allow. We both took one vacation day on Wednesday and had the rest of the week off until the following Monday due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday thrown in there. Can't easily do that any other time of the year. Plus, it's a burden on her mom (babysitter) to watch our kids for that long. I'm not sure how the other frequent visitors do it. We'd probably travel more often if we could easily arrange for babysitters.
    That is our exact situation. If it wasn't for having the 3 young kids and having to arrange a sitter, we would go at least twice a year. It is difficult finding childcare as it is for the 10 days we go in April.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A great report that should get anyone that has Hedo in their plans to get even more exciting. Thanks for the details and for sharing.