Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Newbies/From Newbies

For Newbies/From Newbies

First point...remember, you are at Hedo and not "in Kansas anymore". Have fun and go with the flow.

We just returned from our first trip to Hedo (or any other nude resort). We spent 6 nights there. We are not in the lifestyle and had set our boundaries and discussed them thoroughly prior to making the trip. However, please realize, boundaries can change so it is important that, when you wake up each morning, you discuss the prior day and talk about what was fun and what may have bothered you about anything that happened the day before. Then adjust and have more fun that day.

That being said, even if you are not in the lifestyle, I can't stress how important that it is to start talking with people when you get there. It is awkward at first, starting to talk with nude people that you don't know and you might think that they think you are coming on to them but that is not the case at all. Ask them where they are from, what they do and you will find that you could make some very good friends. We met 2 couples the first night and we are now great friends. One couple was very experienced in the lifestyle but wasn't a bit offended that we weren't, or vice versa. We spent most of the week with those 2 couples and had a great time. If you go up and talk with people at Hedo, most people will talk freely with you. If you are not in the lifestyle and somebody asks you if you are or if you want to play, a simple "no thank you" will do. If you might want to play just a little but not go all the way, talk about it with them. Conversations about sex are very open there. You will find most people at Hedo are very easy to talk to. You have the full range of couples that want to just have an erotic couples weekend all the way up to....well, pretty much anything and every small step everywhere in between. Talk, talk, talk (especially between the two of you).

A bit of caution for newbies...if you have a jealous partner, newly married or going through tough times, Hedo may not be the place for you. For example, I consider my wife very modest, however, throughout the week, she began to feel more and more comfortable. While having fun at the pool, hot tub or piano bar, a man might come up to her and talk with her and might even give her a kiss (most ask but some may not). As long as she was OK with it and, since I knew it was all in good fun, I was OK with it too. However, this may cause issues for a jealous person/couple. Men, your woman will probably get kissed by another man at some point during your visit (I can almost guarantee it), and probably vice versa. She may even be asked if he can touch her breasts (I never saw any guy just come up and grab a woman without first getting permission). Remember, you are at Hedo and not "in Kansas anymore". Again, when you wake up the next morning, talk about it, get past it and start off on a new day. Don't let it ruin your whole vacation.

The food was excellent. All they way from the breakfast bar, to the beach grilles, to the dinner buffet and midnight buffet.
    Bar and bar staff were excellent with many top shelf liquors. If you like rum drinks, ask for Appleton's XV in your drinks. It is very smooth. If you don't ask for the XV, you will probably get regular Appleton's, which is good but not nearly as smooth.

The room - We stayed in a "renovated" ocean view Au Natural room (not the newly remodeled rooms or redesigned rooms available in December ). The bedding seemed new and was excellent but the decor was very bland. If you are looking for a luxury resort, you may be disappointed. The wife felt a bit like she was in a sleazy motel. They are remodeling and redesigning some of the rooms but you will be paying for the upgrade. Personally, we stayed in the room very little so it didn't bother me but that is your first impression so it could be disappointing. As a matter of fact, we could have probably saved a lot of money booking on the prude side and have been just as happy. Plenty of hot water but our AC did go out for 24 hours, came back on, then went out for another several hours. This was near the end of our trip so the last day was back cool...just don't know for how long. The TV picture was not very clear but the only thing we turned it on for was the adult channels so picture clarity wasn't all that important.

Ocean view/garden view - We had ocean view and actually looked right out over the nude pool. However, as far as ocean view, unless you are in a new Jacuzzi room, personally, I would probably book either garden view or prude next time, just to save some money. Yeah, it's a bit of a walk but you have to think about it...about all you need in your beach bag is your suntan lotion and your room key. Once you get to the nude beach/pool/hot tub, you will probably be there for hours so the inconvenience is minimal.

Activities and staff - beach and pool activities and staff were excellent. The nightly shows were usually worth sticking around for after dinner. Piano bar was a blast but you probably won't want to do that every night because he plays some of the same songs each night, karaoke may suck some nights, etc... Still a lot of fun though. You have to go at least one night to hear the Hedo version of "Sweet Caroline". I was only in the Disco one night and that was about 3:00am and it was slow so I can't really give a fair assessment of the Disco.

Theme nights/participation - Participation in the theme nights was pretty good while we were there but you don't have to feel like you have to participate every night (or ANY night at all if you don't want to). You don't necessarily have to worry about the theme either. Nobody is going to complain if you wear a naughty negligee when it is pirate night. If you want to participate, any "slut wear" will be fine with anybody at Hedo. Let them puppies breathe. If you don't participate, nobody will complain either. People are there to have fun and be comfortable. Whatever floats your boat. I will say though, if your woman wants to bring out her sexy self, she needs to wear her sexy wear. Whether she is 100 pounds or 300 pounds, she is a sexy woman at Hedo (and probably outside of Hedo too...but Hedo does bring that out). My wife, who is somewhat overweight, left Hedo with a much better feeling about herself than when we arrived. Having guys wanting to dance with her, kissing her, and even inviting her to leave with them (man and wife), really made her feel sexy. Again, a simple "no thank you" to the invitation was enough to let him know she wasn't interested and there was "no harm/no foul". It made me feel good to see how much attention she was getting, just because I knew it was helping her self esteem. I have always told he she was beautiful and sexy but she needed this to help her realize that she actually is. Plus, she was fine with me flirting a little as well.

Hot tub/PDA - At any given time, but mostly after dark, there will be quite a bit of PDA (public displays of affection), especially in the hot tub area. If you are offended by PDA, the hot tub after dark is not the place for you. From midnight to 3:00am or so, you will probably find a lot of action going on in and around the hot tub. It may be erotic for you, it may be time for you to have your own fun time, or it could be time for you to play with friends. A lot of times, we hung out with friends, talked, maybe watched a little, then headed back to our room for our personal time. Nobody is going to mind you watching...if they did, they wouldn't be doing it in or around a hot tub with as many as 50 people there (it's a very big hot tub).

One more final note, I have read a lot of things on here about getting naked as soon as you get there. If you have a spouse that is insecure, that may be very intimidating and uncomfortable for her. Since the first day could set the mood of the trip, that could be bad. My wife actually cried the first night because she felt like it was a "meat market' and everybody was checking her out (plus the fact that the room felt sleazy to her). Having said that though, by the 2nd day, she had no issue going to the beach, pool or hot tub naked, with or without me. Everything on this forum said just drop 'em and go once you get there. That might work for most couples, however, in our case, it would have probably worked better to either 1) start out on the prude side, then ease down to the nude side (maybe along the water). Jamaica's beaches are all public so if you are only walking along the beach, nobody will say anything to you; 2) wear a see through sarong for a little while, 3) go topless and only wear bottoms for the first few hours (or day). There are reasons why woman can't take their bottoms off at any given time of the month. Yes, you are supposed to go nude and you will stick out like a sore thumb if you are not but to buy a couple of "comfort hours", one of the suggestions above might work. Nobody is going to get truly offended unless you are hanging out for a long time with clothes on, like you are not willing to take yours off but don't mind gawking at others that did. On that note, if you are wearing clothes in the nude area leave them on, the nice security guard will probably come over and tell her it is nude only so keep that in mind as well. Don't get offended, she is just there to ensure people are abiding by the rules. As everybody on here has said though, once you get naked, you will have a blast so don't waste 1/2 of your trip with clothes on.

In summary, this was the BEST vacation of our lives...for both of us. After the first day of discomfort for my wife, she agrees that this was the trip of a lifetime. We met some great friends that we truly enjoyed hanging out with our entire trip (thank you R & J, T & D, J & M, R & J).

Sorry so long but wanted to cover everything.

Awesome trip report, glad you had a great time. Just out of curiosity, what happens late at night down my the bar and pizza - do they still insist you get nude even if you are just there waiting for food? There were some issues with that when we went last year. Some people just wanted to come and get food and not disrobe and it was a problem with a few people. Wondering what is happening with that right now.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I never noticed anybody with clothes on but only went down that way a couple of times late at night. I'm not a big snacker and by the time we got back from the piano bar, I was "topped out" on liquor so didn't drink much. Desire13 are friends we met and I know he went for pizza a night or two. I don't think it was all that strict because I had to run to the beach a time or two with shorts on because I was going up to the lobby and nobody twisted my arm and threw me up against the wall. lol I am guessing it would be OK but I can't be for sure though. Sorry!

Excellent trip report with a lot of top flight advice for newbies. Thanks for taking the time to post!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great post with great info and a real perspective....

Quote Originally Posted by klasdude View Post
    I never noticed anybody with clothes on but only went down that way a couple of times late at night. I'm not a big snacker and by the time we got back from the piano bar, I was "topped out" on liquor so didn't drink much. Desire13 are friends we met and I know he went for pizza a night or two. I don't think it was all that strict because I had to run to the beach a time or two with shorts on because I was going up to the lobby and nobody twisted my arm and threw me up against the wall. lol I am guessing it would be OK but I can't be for sure though. Sorry!
    Not a concern with us, we always are nude before we get there or as soon as we get there. But some people had issue with getting nude there since they had strickly came for food. Just curious how that was working now. If anyone there recently knows, let me know.

Great trip report. One of my top five favorites. Lots of detail and some personal issues made it very real for us. My wife felt better about herself after a few days. Thanks for taking the time to give details like that.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Blog Entries
    Awesome trip report, one of the best I've read.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Hey great trip report. It's nice to see a newbie report as we wil be newbies next month. Are you planing your second trip to you new home?

Wow....what a great report! You really covered a lot of issues! Sounds like Hedo is very much like Desire...which we are used to....except for the singles. We can't wait to try it out...98 days!

Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    Hey great trip report. It's nice to see a newbie report as we wil be newbies next month. Are you planing your second trip to you new home?
    I am sure we will return but we also want to see other resorts, like Desires, etc... Who wouldn't want to return to the place where they had their best vacation? Since this was our first, would like to check out others to see if they may be more fitting for our "boundaries". We did have a BLAST though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Wow....what a great report! You really covered a lot of issues! Sounds like Hedo is very much like Desire...which we are used to....except for the singles. We can't wait to try it out...98 days!
    From what friends at Hedo say, Desires is a much more upscale resort, that is a bit milder than Hedo. Hedo is more about the experience than about the "resort". I can't say from experience but, like I mentioned in my original post, we met some great friends at Hedo and they gave us a lot of alternatives/suggestions on other places to see. Less than 2 days home and have already talked to my travel agent about options. lol

Mac R A,we went down to the nude bar about 2 or 3am to get a couple glasses of rum cream Spanksgiving week,i was naked and the wife had a light wrap half on her and security was there imediately to tell her to take it off.It was all good,it's Hedo!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Quote Originally Posted by critter2 View Post
    Mac R A,we went down to the nude bar about 2 or 3am to get a couple glasses of rum cream Spanksgiving week,i was naked and the wife had a light wrap half on her and security was there imediately to tell her to take it off.It was all good,it's Hedo!!
    K, thanks for the update. I agree it is the nude side, so nude is nude but some people just came for pizza on the way to their room and did not want to bother taking their clothes off to wait for the pizza to be made. But since it was an easy 20 mins for a pizza then the security would make them take it off.

Also, are they still making whole pizzas to order or do they have slices available? A whole pizza for both of us was always too much, a slice or two each would be fine.

Darn,we never did try the pizza,guess we have something new to look forward to next year!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast