Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to survive Hedo day-in day-out partying...

How to survive Hedo day-in day-out partying...

Staying at Hedo Feb 1-6 with Wild Women group. I love to drink and party but haven't partied more than 2 nights in a row before... Usually because I go pretty hard and am too hungover to go a third night. however since im only staying 5 nights i don't want to miss any of the fun. Anyone have tested and true Hedo strategies...? I know drink water and eat of course. Anyone here actually party 5 days straight at Hedo?

Hint - do not ask every bartender to make you their special in one night.... trust me!
    Try and stay away from having sugary drink after sugary drink because not only do you get the alcohol hangover but the sugar hangover don't know which is worse.
    Hedo II - Dec 22/14 - Jan 5/15 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 23/13 - Jan 6/14 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 21/12 - Jan 2/13 with the BBB
    Hedo II Dates Dec 23/11 - Jan 7/12 - First Time!!!

Afternoon nap time is your friend.
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonflixxx View Post
    Staying at Hedo Feb 1-6 with Wild Women group. I love to drink and party but haven't partied more than 2 nights in a row before... Usually because I go pretty hard and am too hungover to go a third night. however since im only staying 5 nights i don't want to miss any of the fun. Anyone have tested and true Hedo strategies...? I know drink water and eat of course. Anyone here actually party 5 days straight at Hedo?
    Not drinking too much on the first 2 days of your all-inclusive tropical resort vacation is something of a hurdle for Hedo Virgins...I must confess that it took several Trips for me to get over that particular hurdle.

As Billy Joel sings in "Pressure"...."you have to learn to pace yourself." First, don't worry, the resort will NOT run out of alcohol--especially rum. Second, alternate each drink with a tall glass of water to remain hydrated. Third, after the bartender fills your insulated mug with an alcoholic beverage, chat with fellow guests or lay down on a lounge chair and nurse that big drink for an hour or more. Four, remind yourself over and over that nobody on vacation wants to associate with, much less babysit, some sloppy drunk guy.
    Last edited by Jamaica Joe; 11-23-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Red Stripe + Ice = Red Stripe Lite.................... (much better hydration and less hangover)

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Pace yourself. Go easy day 1 & 2. Also if you hear some one yell shots! Run in the opposite direction.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

As the others have said, pace yourself! Suggestion #1...DO NOT drink too much on your first night...this will set the tone of your trip and if you start out partying too hard, you WILL regret it...somehow it sticks with you. Be careful with this one, because it can sneak up on you because you are having so much fun and/or nervous and/or tired from traveling. Of course Suggestion #325 is do not party too much on your last night....no one likes that travel day home hangover...ouch!

If you can nap, nap....I never could for years, but now with advancing age (52) I have finally adopted the 3pm nap time at Hedo. It helps! Do not be afraid of 'missing out'....something is always going on at Hedo that you are missing out on (like right this minute!), so no worries.....the party is always there waiting for you when you wake up.

Water is your friend.....drink it all day and all night....drink more water than you think you should. Pace your drinks with water.

Be sure to eat your meals and have some snacks throughout the day.

I've always found that the mix of two hard partying days and then a rest day was a good fit for me and kept me in the game....especially if we are there more than 10 days. I have a tendency to pull all nighters every now and again, or just do 2 or 3 hours of sleep (I adore early mornings on the beach!!) and it shows if I don't get adequate rest. No one wants to look like a wrung out hag at Hedo!

Slow and steady wins the race at Hedo...it's one of the many ways to pick out the vets...tho we all have our moments!

Oh, Suggestion #186....beware the apple martini that Oswald makes!!

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

All the above are great answers. Our second night was our night, but it taught us a good lesson.
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 28th 2014 plans to be an even better trip then 2013!!

March 27th 2015 hope to meet many old friends and make even more new friends

March 24th to April 2nd. Runaway Repeaters & Swing Into Spring

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

"Disclaimer - that is not us in the avatar picture"

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    This is something I am definitely going to work on this year. What makes it rough for me is the shots that my lady loves to order for us and everyone in our vicinity. I think the red stripe and ice is a good idea for a long day of drinking, and naps are always a good idea but I'm always so hyped up that it's hard for me to force myself to go to sleep in the afternoon.

Gonna def try to pace myself on our next trip in March... but trying to get my girl to do the same will be next to impossible!

I would definitely love to hear more tips on this.

Oh, and here is a tip:

Stay away from energy drink cocktails like redbull + vodka... It's all fun until that crash at the end of the night and the worst hangover of your life the next day. I've made the mistake quite a few times of doing these on a night when tired in an attempt to perk myself up and it's never helped. It just makes me worse off than anything.

My method that I have developed over the years is this - I have a good breakfast and start drinking as soon as I get to the pool and I drink quite a bit, but Ricky always makes sure I have several glasses of water throughout the day (VERY IMPORTANT!!!). I usually slow down or stop drinking around 5 pm when we head to the hot tub. Then I go and get ready for diner and I do not start drinking again until around 9 pm. I usually have one cocktail with my diner, but the rest is water. Then I drink again from 9 pm until about 3/4/5 am. But I pace myself and don't go full out, just enough to have a good buzz. Besides, you don't want to be sloppy drunk there, it is not sexy
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

With all this talk about all this drinking just make sure you are not one of those guys that drinks all day and never gets out of the pool.

Glass of water every now and then does the body good. enjoy mon.
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by feetdown View Post
    With all this talk about all this drinking just make sure you are not one of those guys that drinks all day and never gets out of the pool.
    Yes, please get out of the pool. People DO notice the pool pee-er's!
    Liz & Chris

I'm the opposite... I feel like I'm the guy that's going to the bathroom every 20 mins once the seal is broken. Quite annoying but oh well.

Another tip:
    When you head to your room for some sleep, wash out your big cup/thermos/whatever and have it filled with icewater that you can sip on your way to your room, and you'll also have some hydration waiting for you when you wake up thirsty.

I usually carry one big bubba keg for water that stays in my room (the ice lasts forever in these things!), and a regular sized bubba keg for my drinks. Takes up a bit of space in my luggage but I usually pack stuff in them so they're not total space hogs.
    Last edited by TheRaam; 11-22-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Lots of good advice here. We do the 5 pm nap but only for about an hour (don't really sleep much , but at least you are not drinking while resting) then get up and clean up and costume up for the evening. We have heard of people laying down for a nap in the afternoon...then waking up the next morning, so some sort of alarm clock may be in order if you are a heavy napper. One thing we do is take powdered Gator Ade and mix it half strength for the morning, really helps with the "dries" and also helps restore electrolytes.

8 weeks to go!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast