Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the pros and cons of been part of a group ? Jan. 4-18/2014.

Smile What are the pros and cons of been part of a group ? Jan. 4-18/2014.

Can we become members of one of these Jan. groups to Hedo by paying a membership fee .. or is this only for people that have booked their trips threw these groups ?
    We are starting to worry a little about been bumped to another resort or been left out of certain activities ... because we are not part of a larger group ( power in numbers ).

Thanx
    Doc

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doc...... When you book thru a group, you get better rates than booking with Hedo direct. If you book thru that group you are a member of that group. I never heard of a group having "membership fees" on top of that. Most groups allow outsiders to play with them in games etc. If they have a meet and greet or beach dinner, then it it members only (if you booked thru them). I wouldn't worry about being bumped as it hasn't ever happened to me in 7 trips. If it ever did, I would consider it as an adventure but I am an explorer anyway. Usually bumping is only for one or two days and right next door. You could walk over to Hedo for activities and drinks and food etc........ Dick Singlecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

Doc, OUr first time to hedo in 2011 we were not a part of the larger group that was there (Bubbly Bares). They were a great group who had activities that included everyone, like the champagne beach party. They will all have "private parties". We are going in May 2014 and this time we are going with The Fluffernutters. Reading their events, they sound like a ton of fun. I don't think you need to worry about being "bumped" to another resort. If you are booked and paid, you should be good. HEDO EC's are great at including everyone in the resort events. Don't worry about the groups private events. Hope that helps, a little.

gbp

In 20+ visits overs we have never been bumped, nor were guests during our visits bumped. I believe the only bumping has happened when rooms able due to unscheduled repairs etc. So forget that as a 'problem'.

As to groups: guests from the US are able to book with a p. Those of us from other places are usually better able to book through a local TA. That NEVER locks us out of group activities. If you d of a group, simply contact them through the contact email address and ask to be included. Never heard of guests being excluded!

So relax again and enjoy your trip and planning

PNK
    Back in few days Dec 5 - Dec 12

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great question and some general answers can apply depending on the group you consider.

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort provided you spend a bulk of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for the two speciality restaurants or reserve tables in the main dining area

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new territory or situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 7 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 9 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

Thumbs up

Thank you, you"ve all been very helpful !

Pussycat & Doc
    Last edited by Doc & Pussycat; 11-17-2013 at 10:21 PM.

I have seen a few groups that talk about fees on their website but it was only $5 or $10.

Blog Entries
    We pay a yearly fee of 35 single, 50 couple to defer the costs of mailings etc, our financial books also travel with the group if anyone wants to look them over.

They mail us "stuff" before we go and we always have a good time. I just love my group, my friends, my second family.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Travel Slut, thank you for the insight. Well done.

Travel Slut explained it perfectly!!
    HOSTS OF NOOD BROOD

www.noodbrood.com

Join us for our next annual trip, February 14-21, 2016!

HEDO II--2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007 (twice), 2006, 2005, 2002, 2001
    HEDO III-2009, 2004, 2003

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks,,,,the group advantage list is certainly does not include all factors but touches on a few highlights. I'll work on it some more...

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    In 20+ visits overs we have never been bumped, nor were guests during our visits bumped. I believe the only bumping has happened when rooms able due to unscheduled repairs etc. So forget that as a 'problem'.

As to groups: guests from the US are able to book with a p. Those of us from other places are usually better able to book through a local TA. That NEVER locks us out of group activities. If you d of a group, simply contact them through the contact email address and ask to be included. Never heard of guests being excluded!

So relax again and enjoy your trip and planning

PNK
    Back in few days Dec 5 - Dec 12
    Actually PNK. We booked with a company that is not a sponsor during the week we are there. We contacted the Kama group I believe its Serge and Lady Dee who are sponsoring that week and they wanted us to pay $250.00 to be included in their activities.

Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    Actually PNK. We booked with a company that is not a sponsor during the week we are there. We contacted the Kama group I believe its Serge and Lady Dee who are sponsoring that week and they wanted us to pay $250.00 to be included in their activities.
    In reference to this statement re: payment Kama group. Just remember those folks live where the sun don't shine,,,,........Period. Never fall for that. Scam maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by PeasnapodX2 View Post
    In reference to this statement re: payment Kama group. Just remember those folks live where the sun don't shine,,,,........Period. Never fall for that. Scam maybe?
    It was the web site adultvacationparties.com. On their web site they claim to have 300 people there that week.

Quote Originally Posted by PeasnapodX2 View Post
    A lot of groups will charge a fee for you to officially join their group is you are not booked through their travel agent. This gets you invited to all their private events and such that others can not attend. This is only worth it if they offer events above and beyond what the resort offers such as meet and greets and spa parties and so on. You can party with any group at the resort, but in order to attend their exclusive events then often you have to pay a fee. The travel agent obviously wants you to book with them to be a part of their group and if they open up all their events to everyone without any sort of fee or having to book through them then there would not be a reason to book with them in the future. Does that make sense?

We have several couples every year who book before they realise our group is going to be there but they would like to attend our parties and be officially part of the group so they pay the minimal fee to our agent and they are part of all our events. This also gains you access to our private facebook group and our pretrip chats and you get our gifts and necklaces and so on. A lot of perks for minimal cost.

But our group does not charge a membership fee to everyone who joins us as some groups do, instead I went out and got myself an awesome sponsor (see web link below ) I guess I am trying to say that everyone does things a little differently
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast