Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 4th trip return!

Our 4th trip return!

For starters we love the Jamaican vibe for our vacations....
    Just returned from LVD week and we as a married couple had the best time together. Just what we needed.
    On the positive note we will go back but need a change again so we can appreciate it more.
    Loved Fabian and Denise with entertainment this time. The staff really participated with guests this go around.
    The piano bar was great this year!
    We both had another one of the best deep tissue massages on the nude beach.....wanted to bring them home.
    The new pool and beach side chairs are AWESOME. Even without clean towels every morning.
    Hot Tubs are new and they change the water every day.
    It was great spending time with good people, friends we met previously.
    Owners were there hanging out which was pretty cool.
    There was no $100. deposit when we arrived.
    The Disco no longer has a stinch.

The down side is we are pretty sure we will never go this week again. It was pretty lame in reference to LVD.
    We didn't book though LVD but we did book through Castaways which we are grateful.
    Next time we go back it will be between Jan-May. No need to go during LVD.
    Every activity was pretty much the same as every other time we went. Same themes also.
    Food seemed to be pretty much the same except for the midnight munchies are way better now. Burgers and hot food. No more cold crappy subs!
    Drinks seem better and only ran out of Ting that we are aware. We stayed in one of the old rooms, seen the new ones which friends had. They are nice obviously.
    However the new showers are a tad weird.
    Make sure those of you who get a new room, you place towels all along the floor because the shower water flows out a lot toward new sink.

Hennesey is no longer there to add to the ones that are gone.
    Egg Boy who perfected the eggs and omelets is gone too.
    Piano bar smells like a poo bomb went off as soon as you walk in the door.
    Lets see.....I think hedo is wonderful but for us we just need a change like we did for the cruise last Nov.
    For some reason this year and maybe because we are getting older..not OLD but I am kind getting exhausted watching the same people all week giving and getting pdas.
    We don't mind watching but when its the same ones its like watching the movie Ground Hog Day everyday for one week.
    All phone lines are down and they have to rewire the entire resort is what we were told. (we don't use the phone anyway) .
    **Suggestions:
    Pack a towel since their is a major towel shortage.
    Watch yourself if you prefer not to be in someones photos.
    There were cell phones and cameras everywhere where there were games. Winston does express to not use them.
    If allergic to bees bring whatever you need. Five people that we heard which one I spoke too were stung.
    One chick was stung on her nip and her foot. Another on her neck.

Well that's pretty much it for us. We didn't party like we have in the past and that's what we intended for. We had a great break from work and its just what the doctor ordered!
    Last edited by seafoodkid; 11-17-2013 at 04:59 PM.

1996 Hedo III 1st visit
    Hedo II Spring & Fall yearly
    2012 Freedom Takeover cruise

Maybe April on your next trip for a change?
    Lol
    Great update, wondering about the towels though, there were plenty in Sept and we usually bring our own and were thinking of not doing so next April.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

CopNkitten...
    You never know, you just may see us there in April. Is this when you are going next? We really liked going during Goddess Week which was in March. I would take a towel just in case.
    As for the towel situation, hotel was full which played a huge factor. But the day we left we were chatting with an owner (aka looks like a little Danny DeVito) and he brought the towel situation up. Said they are wanting to get an on premise laundry facility eventually so they don't have to send it out. The previous owners of superclubs, hedo sent all their linens to a local business and this would keep supplies closer at hand.

1996 Hedo III 1st visit

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Thanks for the report, can you comment on what you felt was lame about the week in reference to LVD? We went last year and had a good time but were unable to go this time. Hoping to go during young swingers week at the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaam View Post
    Thanks for the report, can you comment on what you felt was lame about the week in reference to LVD? We went last year and had a good time but were unable to go this time. Hoping to go during young swingers week at the end of March.
    Themes were the same as the other times we went. First couple times it was fun but this time it was not as fun to dress up and the participation was alot less than usual. Also with Todd always being there for LVD and now with his passing you can really see all he did for LVD. I recommend they do something new, not just update facilities but freshen the evenings so it's not so repetitious. Don't get me wrong it is not bad there in any mean. This is only my opinion on the LVD week.

1996 Hedo III 1st visit

After just being at Hedo in Nov. and posting that we felt it would be a good while before we went back....We just cant stay away.
    Different week but same resort since we love the atmosphere alot. March 2014 cant come soon enough!

1996 Hedo III 1st visit

Cool

Still no phones working in the resort. HMMMMMMM!!! Where did I hear that before???????????? Not Funny to me at all. Communication is the key to a good marriage, and for personal safety, maid service, etc.
    Last edited by PeasnapodX2; 01-15-2014 at 08:47 PM.

For the majority of the time that Hedonism II has existed, there were NO phones in the rooms. The lack of phones is not a big problem for me.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Just so you know, it is the same theme weeks no matter when you go....and the same games....same food....same everything. Groundhog day is every day at Hedo. Groups do often add their particular spin to the theme weeks and that can be good (variety) or not so good (too many people, a shortage of everything). Just wanted you to know that the themes and games are always the themes and games.....for ever and ever, til they retire them (aka toga night, naked twister, the art auction, etc etc etc).

I will add that you might find a different week/time of year to be just what you needed to make you fall in love with Hedo all over again!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    For the majority of the time that Hedonism II has existed, there were NO phones in the rooms. The lack of phones is not a big problem for me.
    I couldn't agree more....though I do like the phones to call friends and see if I can borrow some earrings or get an opinion on my outfit, etc.

liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    I have never used the phones, I'm never in my room. Lol. We always just end up at the bar. So it isn't like our buddies can't find us. If I'm not at the main bar, I'm at the nude bar. If I can't be found, I probably don't want to be found.
    H3 01/19 - 01/25 2009
    H3 01/11 - 01/17 2010
    H2 02/28 - 03/07 2011
    H2 02/10 - 03/21 2013
    H2 Jan 29 - Feb 13 2014

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

~Nora Ephron~

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyslaw View Post
    I have never used the phones, I'm never in my room. Lol. We always just end up at the bar. So it isn't like our buddies can't find us. If I'm not at the main bar, I'm at the nude bar. If I can't be found, I probably don't want to be found.
    But from a safety issue there definitely should be working phones in the rooms. If someone had a medical emergency a phone is crucial to get help.

The only time I ever had a medical emergency where a phone would of helped, I couldn't of gotten to the phone anyways. So a phone was useless to me.
    People survived for years without phones. They are nice at times, I will admit that. But everyone knows the resort is under some construction. If a phone is what makes a person feel safe, get a cell phone to use there.
    I'm not saying working phones wouldnt be nice. I am just saying that I personally don't use the phones ever. So the phones not working really doesn't bother me. I'm there for sun.
    H3 01/19 - 01/25 2009
    H3 01/11 - 01/17 2010
    H2 02/28 - 03/07 2011
    H2 02/10 - 03/21 2013
    H2 Jan 29 - Feb 13 2014

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

~Nora Ephron~

I'm not saying working phones wouldnt be nice. I am just saying that I personally don't use the phones ever. So the phones not working really doesn't bother me. I'm there for sun.
    One person's reality is not everyone's reality, just sayin'. I'm there for xyz, not pqr, that doesn't mean your need for pqr is any less important than my need for xyz.
    Liz & Chris

The only time I ever had a medical emergency where a phone would of helped, I couldn't of gotten to the phone anyways. So a phone was useless to me.
    People survived for years without phones. They are nice at times, I will admit that. But everyone knows the resort is under some construction. If a phone is what makes a person feel safe, get a cell phone to use there.
    So by your logic it would be fine if the rooms didn't have running water, electricity, a toilet and shower? I don't think it's too much to ask for working phones for nothing else but safety's sake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast