Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Trip Experience

First Trip Experience

I want to keep this as brief as possible (and I am sure I will fail). As a result, I will end up putting all the problems in this message, and will end up leaving out some fun points. However, don't be mistaken; we had an excellent time. I just want to make sure all relevant info is written so if others experience similar events, they wont be surprised.

To get a feel for whom wrote this review, we are professionals in their mid 30's. We are not swingers but are open to other debauchery. We are right at home in the nude and this was our first time to Hedo. We discussed at length our boundaries and signals beforehand. I suggest any first timers, and generally anybody, do the same. We noticed a couple of arguments and people leaving the resort early.

We arrived mid-afternoon and were slightly concerned because they did not seem to have been expecting us, but this may have been more a problem with our travel agent. Regardless, they found us a room and since it was our first time there, they walked us to it. We stayed in the nude-gardenview.
    We wanted to immediately get to the beach, and since swimsuits are not required, we did not need to wait for our luggage to arrive at our room. However, the safe did not work, and we did not feel comfortable yet leaving our valuables out, so we had to carry stuff with us where ever we went the first night. They came to fix it twice that day and were unsuccessful but it was fixed the following day.
    Another reason for not wanting to leave stuff around in the room is because the door was tricky to close. The latch stuck, so you had to play with it a bit to make sure it closed properly. Even the staff didnt close it completely after leaving our room.

We ripped off the clothing and went to the nude beach. We were hungry from the trip, and the jerk chicken was excellent at the beach bbq. We also really enjoyed the quesadillas and didnt mind the burgers either.

While getting that first bite to eat, we saw the 'amateur entertainment.' We were there to partake in the open-ness, but if it isn't your thing, stay away from the nude pool any time after 2 pm.

The nightly dining hall entertainment was phenomenal. The dancers and choreography were better than any resort I have stayed at, however, it does tend to repeat itself. It was kept fresh with other bits mixed in. The first night was just the band playing songs with Winston providing some vocals. Winston, the main entertainment leader, has 'flair' and the dude is talented. Seriously talented. He made me want to take singing lessons. He also has passion which comes through in his dancing and skits.
    They had external singers come in which were decent. I think the best entertainment were the acrobats which came for fetish night. Standing ovations came out a number of times. Again, the best entertainment of any resort I have been to. Halloween night had skits performed by the patrons. I cried in laughter and joy when a 70-80 year old lady got up and danced to 'You Can Leave Your Hat On.' To indicate how awesome and inspiring it was, the next time we go I think we will perform a skit!

We quickly found out what our daily timings were going to be. Early am is the beach. Noon to 5 is the pool. 5 to 7 is the hottub. 7 to 11 is main dining hall. 11 to 1 is piano bar. 1 am until "late" is the hottub. Bed...repeat. Others routines and desires may be different. We did find quickly though that the people we saw at 3 am, were not the same people we saw at 10 am. I don't think we could have kept that schedule up if we were there for 2 weeks. Being our first time there, and only for a week, we didnt want to miss anything.

Breakfast was always the same spread, but it was good. Lunch and dinner was more varied, and again, was very good. Overall, there wasn't as many choices as other resorts I have been to, but the overall quality of what they did put out was much better. The 2 a la carte restaurants were nice, but not the quality of other resorts.

Now, you don't generally spend much time in your room, but when we did, we noticed some problems. Our phone didnt work (but the one call we did have to make, the front desk made for us). We also had maintenance come 3 times because nothing but hot water was coming out of our taps. In the end they pretty much turned the hot water off, which made it too cold, but at least we could clean ourselves. Other guests had similar water problems. Had we known earlier that we could shower at the gym, we would have been more comfortable.
    The room was small, but clean and nice. Loved the mirror on the ceiling! When the rain came down (every day between 2 and 4) the TV had a plethora of channels to choose from and we were pleasantly surprised to find 3 channels of the adult variety.

The cleaning staff, maintenance staff, servers, waiters, bartenders, entertainers and all other staff were nothing short of spectacular!

We loved the piano bar. Reminded us of the university bars where everyone dances and sings along. It could have been the best part of our trip if not for 2 problems. The first is that they end up singing the same songs every night.
    The second part probably deserves it's own thread, but I will write it here.

There was a Danny Devito looking guy who showed up at times. We did not know who he was at first, but he walked around and acted like he owned the place. He had a playboy looking girl on his arm, or more so, in his pocket (from the way he treated her). Did not like him from the get-go. Well, it turns out he does own the place! That made up for some of his antics, but not all. At the piano bar he would grab the mic and beg-beg-beg for girls to get on the piano and dance. It was pathetic and ruined the flow of the evening. Then it turned for the worse, of which I will describe one incident.
    CEO guy grabs the mic and begs for 3 girls to get up on the piano. 2 get up willingly and then, with mic in hand he starts pressuring some young hot girl into getting up there also. She says no, but CEO keeps pushing. Some in the crowd (guy whom dressed as 'Obamacare' for example if you were there) were telling the CEO guy to leave her alone, but he would not listen. She obviously did not want to, but succumbs once he gets some of the bar people behind it. Then, once she is close to the piano he stops his pathetic pleading and goes with "get the fuck up on the piano now." So, now there are 3 girls up there, one not really willingly. Next, he directs the 2 girls to strip the third. Bam, girl has her clothes ripped off her. She tried to at least keep her underwear on, but the one girl followed directions and forcefully took them off her. He then states "now it is your turn to get them back, rip their clothes off." She does so. They now do their performance on the piano with a song. CEO guy takes the mic and changes it up so that he can see their vaginas for just a bit longer. The song finally ends and they cloth themselves. The girl who didnt want to be up there looked visibly upset afterwards.
    This made it twice that we saw girls whom were pressured into getting up on the piano upset (one girl was actually crying). It was disturbing, disgusting and a disgrace. Peer pressure is a bitch, and we should all be ashamed for these antics. I don't know what more I can say about it, shameful.
    Those of you whom are regulars, I implore you to say something about this. Hopefully your voice carries weight.

The type of guy the CEO was is the minority there, but I do want to tell a couple of similar stories. On two separate occasions, guys (one was single, the other was part of a couple) tried to "fondle" my girlfriend while we were just talking in the hottub. Not cool in the slightest! We left those situations with a bitter taste, but tried not to let it ruin the week because 95% of people there are absolutely amazing people.

People were very friendly, even after they found out we were not swingers. It was an awesome atmosphere where everybody was just there to just have fun. We are going to remain in contact with a number of people/couples we met and hope to return to hedo at the same time as them in the future.

Other than the people, the best part of the trip for us was the nude catamaran cruise where we went snorkling and swimming in caves. I must admit, it was quite scary snorkling by the coral with my junk hanging out and noticing a jellyfish a foot away. Probably harmless, but it gets the blood pumping!

What we would do different next time?
    -sit on the left side of the bus on the way from the airport to Hedo
    -get a room on the prude side for financial reasons
    -talk to more people on these websites whom may be there the same time
    -put more into our halloween costume
    -join in on the afternoon poolside games run by the EC
    -spend some time at the dance club
    -try the waterslide at night
    -book with a group to get a better rate

Summary,
    Room was clean and quaint, with many problems.
    Food was very good.
    Staff was excellent.
    Entertainment was top notch.
    CEO is a creep and something needs to be done.
    Some guests need to learn manners.
    Most of the guests are amazing people.
    We will be going back in the future.

Great Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report. It was a good read.

I think what you are observing is that it is difficult to balance being a hedo group host and an hedo owner at the same time. There needs to be some kind of check and balance if things are going to be sustainable in the long run.

In the short run it is great to see hedo and the hedo staff being taken care of.

Glad you had fun!
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

Great trip report, much appreciated! How did you not go to the "disco"? We are headed out in 13 days and counting them down. I don't know which is worst having just hot water or having no hot water. I hope you took the CEO home with you. Again thanks for the report!

Thanks for the great report, a very enjoyable read...this is our basic schedule also...

We quickly found out what our daily timings were going to be. Early am is the beach. Noon to 5 is the pool. 5 to 7 is the hottub. 7 to 11 is main dining hall. 11 to 1 is piano bar. 1 am until "late" is the hottub. Bed...repeat. Others routines and desires may be different.

Sorry to read that you had some maintenance issues, not all that unusual though. The guy in the piano bar sounds like a real boor, no one should be bullied into something they do not want to do, definitely not the Hedo way.

Glad you enjoyed your trip
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the well written report. We are going for our first time Jan 25th. We'll make sure we sit on the left side of the bus:-)

Just read your review and we really appreciate it. We will be there in 20 days and now counting down. It will be our first time and if all goes well, the first of many. We'll definitely take into account the water situation. Thanks for the tip on the other shower. Who knows, maybe it will be resolved by then. The actions of that CEO are disgusting and totally against the "rules". We're hoping that nothing ruins our trip like that. "Voluntary" is when I say so...not when somebody demands it! With that being said, we are very much looking forward to our trip. The left side of the bus it will be!!

Sorry to hear about your experiences in the piano bar. The CEO of a company (his name is Jon Gross BTW) needs to understand how his actions are being perceived and, from your report, he was acting totally inappropriately. There have been reports in the past of people being bullied at the piano bar by piano players who have come and gone but the new guy, Kemar is very polite and respectful - and very talented too. He definitely tries to get women up on the piano but he does not bully and understands and accepts a "no". Sounds like the CEO needs to learn the same.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    To be honest,I am surprised that "piano dancers" don't get Hedo Bucks or a complimentary bottle of rum for their efforts,just sayin'.

Great info and summary. Our first trip to Hedo will be Dec 25-Jan 1. Your schedule sounds like a good one to follow as we don't want to miss anything either!

Hedo first timers: Dec 25/13-Jan 1/14

[QUOTE=Testate;196712]There was a Danny Devito looking guy who showed up at times. We did not know who he was at first, but he walked around and acted like he owned the place. He had a playboy looking girl on his arm, or more so, in his pocket (from the way he treated her). Did not like him from the get-go. Well, it turns out he does own the place! That made up for some of his antics, but not all. At the piano bar he would grab the mic and beg-beg-beg for girls to get on the piano and dance. It was pathetic and ruined the flow of the evening. Then it turned for the worse, of which I will describe one incident.
    CEO guy grabs the mic and begs for 3 girls to get up on the piano. 2 get up willingly and then, with mic in hand he starts pressuring some young hot girl into getting up there also. She says no, but CEO keeps pushing. Some in the crowd (guy whom dressed as 'Obamacare' for example if you were there) were telling the CEO guy to leave her alone, but he would not listen....The girl who didnt want to be up there looked visibly upset afterwards. This made it twice that we saw girls whom were pressured into getting up on the piano upset (one girl was actually crying). It was disturbing, disgusting and a disgrace. Peer pressure is a bitch, and we should all be ashamed for these antics. I don't know what more I can say about it, shameful.
    Those of you whom are regulars, I implore you to say something about this. Hopefully your voice carries weight.

We were there last March when Kemar was nearly brand new, and the same thing happened- the Owner came in and was obnoxious trying to get women up on the piano. Thankfully, he did not stick around for long, and the next few nights we were there it did not seem to affect Kemar (I never saw him pull the same obnoxious stuff). But I hope Owner guy gets the point sooner rather than later and knocks it off, because the piano bar is one of my favorite parts of Hedo.
    Laura

Seriously? All the regulars should be "managing" this guy -- hell, I would.
    He has a frigging cash cow and he's going to risk it by being an asshole?

Dumb.

Great trip report. My wife and I have not yet been to Hedo but are very much looking forward to going early to mid 2014. We love reading each of these resorts as it helps us get a better feel of the place and understanding of what to expect. Too bad about the water situation. I can live with the cold water (preferrably not though) but my wife would hate not having had hot water to shower with. Maybe with all the renovations being made this will be a thing of the past (along with the other room problems you had).

As far as the bullying by "Devito" is concerned, CEO or not, if that was my wife he was trying to push around like that, or any female friend of ours for that matter, he would have had a serious problem on his hands. I don't condone violence, and by all means I am in no way suggesting that violence would have been my first or even fourth option, but no one should have to put up with that shit. I'm somewhat surprised that, by the sounds of it, very few people actually tried to help. Considering his tone and overall demeaner, I'm even more surprised that others chimed in to help. This does't sound very Hedo like. Everywhere we've read, we hear how everyone looks after one another in the event that someone is being bothered by another. So again this is surprising. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Can't wait to she'd our Hedo virginity.

M.
    Wishful thinking became a fantastic reality.

Glad you had a great time and thank you for the report.
    Sad when an owner is not allowing people to do what they want to do on their vacation and he should be reported to management and the other owners so that his actions do not continue.

We just go back this morning and our friends had the same problem with their door. Was your room number 2228?
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by wpg to hedo View Post
    Great info and summary. Our first trip to Hedo will be Dec 25-Jan 1. Your schedule sounds like a good one to follow as we don't want to miss anything either!

Hedo first timers: Dec 25/13-Jan 1/14
    Hi Wpg ....our hometown.... We'll be at Hedo II Dec22-Jan1 for our 2nd visit this year. 1st trip Apr/13 and enjoyed every moment. Would loved to meet fellow Peggers..
    Last edited by Eastcoastpair; 11-20-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Bruce & Karen

Hedo Feb 29- Mar 6 2016
    Hedo Apr/2015
    Hedo Apr/2014
    Hedo Dec/201313
    Hedo April/2013
    Freedom of the Seas - November, 2012
    Desire Riviera Maya - December, 2008

Eastcoast, The snow has arrived, the temperatures are below 0 and we are on the countdown to Hedo. Agree that it would be great to meet fellow Peggers!
    December 25/13-January 1/14

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast