Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Experience

Ah Martini, your trip must be getting closer, I can feel you looking. And I do attest to the fact that some very outgoing people make the ice break days go very well. And Martini, your the best we ever saw at making everyone around you at ease.
    James and Yvette

Breezes Negril June 2012
    Breezes Negril Dec 2012
    Hedo II Feb 2, 2013
    Hedo Jan 18-28 2014
    The pool at The Artesan on weekends when it is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestMartini View Post
    Rennie69, Is that your ass crack, cameltoe, or armpit? Just Curious LOL!
    LOL.. Well if you are at Hedo between Jan 25 and Feb 01, you will find out

Appreciate the responses - even those that are critical. I won't continue the back and forth because I have found that on forums there is never a way to please everyone and someone always dissects one word to continue the "bashing". On Fluff weeks people do know what they are coming for and yes that does include a little bit of wildness beyond a normal Hedo week. Since we do a virtual takeover during those weeks we tend to set the mood and environment. On asking someone to dance on the piano - what is interesting is how many women on first question will nod no - even as they are reaching down to take off their shoes (no shoes allowed on the piano). If you watch Karmar, he too will ask more than once. Granted, obviously, I did not know my crowd this fall and I did not read the lady in question properly. Even now, trying to reflect, I can't recall someone truly not wanting to dance on the piano, that I "forced" up there. But obviously this has happened recently. I usually, also check in with the persons significant other to make sure they are okay with it. Many mornings after we have rocked the piano bar people will come up to us and thank us for making the night so amazing. Many comment cards indicate that they love the party I bring to the resort. However, those who are offended obviously need to be addressed as unhappy guests are something that is not acceptable. I guess, I came across and have come across as seeming more insistent than what has been my intentions. MANY women - have said to me afterwards - how liberating getting on the piano was for them. They have thanked me for attempting to get them up even when their first reaction was hesitancy. Juliana actually called me after reading this thread to tell me how much it has meant to her. I am use to my weeks where truly there is a waiting list to get on. Trust me, I have learned that this is not the case on the other weeks I have been at the resort and I intend on respecting that. I "get it". As one of the owners, there is a different standard, that you, the guests are holding me to. I cannot do what I do as a group leader - or I cannot do what Kamar, for example can do. Message received and that is why I am publicly apologizing for my actions during a non-fluff week. I got involved with the purchase of Hedo so that the resort would remain the greatest place on earth and so that I would not lose the best weeks of my life when I brought the Fluffs there. My group has supported so many causes, including the scholarship fund we initiated and medical catastrophes at the resort. We sponsor a variety of schools and have close relationships with the staff. I have always thrown pretty wild events - full of energy and a bit of zaniness. Ownership at Hedonism has not resulted in me being more "out there" in fact it has caused me to reflect and tone down plenty. My comment about Fluff weeks was to say that those weeks are still very special to me and I wish to be the group leader that my members expect of me and not "the owner" during those time periods. In deference to that, I will leave the antics and leadership of fun to others during non fluff weeks and again I apologize to those who have been offended by my performances in the piano bar. I am truly sorry if my showmanship was interpreted as arrogance, it was meant to create energy and happiness. I respectively and humbly apologize to those I rubbed the wrong way and invite you to spend some time talking to me next time our paths cross. I want nothing more than for Hedo to be a special place for everyone - it is the most tolerant and loving spot on earth. Respect. Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Janet View Post
    Appreciate the responses - even those that are critical. I won't continue the back and forth because I have found that on forums there is never a way to please everyone and someone always dissects one word to continue the "bashing". On Fluff weeks people do know what they are coming for and yes that does include a little bit of wildness beyond a normal Hedo week. Since we do a virtual takeover during those weeks we tend to set the mood and environment. On asking someone to dance on the piano - what is interesting is how many women on first question will nod no - even as they are reaching down to take off their shoes (no shoes allowed on the piano). If you watch Karmar, he too will ask more than once. Granted, obviously, I did not know my crowd this fall and I did not read the lady in question properly. Even now, trying to reflect, I can't recall someone truly not wanting to dance on the piano, that I "forced" up there. But obviously this has happened recently. I usually, also check in with the persons significant other to make sure they are okay with it. Many mornings after we have rocked the piano bar people will come up to us and thank us for making the night so amazing. Many comment cards indicate that they love the party I bring to the resort. However, those who are offended obviously need to be addressed as unhappy guests are something that is not acceptable. I guess, I came across and have come across as seeming more insistent than what has been my intentions. MANY women - have said to me afterwards - how liberating getting on the piano was for them. They have thanked me for attempting to get them up even when their first reaction was hesitancy. Juliana actually called me after reading this thread to tell me how much it has meant to her. I am use to my weeks where truly there is a waiting list to get on. Trust me, I have learned that this is not the case on the other weeks I have been at the resort and I intend on respecting that. I "get it". As one of the owners, there is a different standard, that you, the guests are holding me to. I cannot do what I do as a group leader - or I cannot do what Kamar, for example can do. Message received and that is why I am publicly apologizing for my actions during a non-fluff week. I got involved with the purchase of Hedo so that the resort would remain the greatest place on earth and so that I would not lose the best weeks of my life when I brought the Fluffs there. My group has supported so many causes, including the scholarship fund we initiated and medical catastrophes at the resort. We sponsor a variety of schools and have close relationships with the staff. I have always thrown pretty wild events - full of energy and a bit of zaniness. Ownership at Hedonism has not resulted in me being more "out there" in fact it has caused me to reflect and tone down plenty. My comment about Fluff weeks was to say that those weeks are still very special to me and I wish to be the group leader that my members expect of me and not "the owner" during those time periods. In deference to that, I will leave the antics and leadership of fun to others during non fluff weeks and again I apologize to those who have been offended by my performances in the piano bar. I am truly sorry if my showmanship was interpreted as arrogance, it was meant to create energy and happiness. I respectively and humbly apologize to those I rubbed the wrong way and invite you to spend some time talking to me next time our paths cross. I want nothing more than for Hedo to be a special place for everyone - it is the most tolerant and loving spot on earth. Respect. Jon
    Very well said and thanks. I was there and not offended. I don't think there is one person who can throw any stones. Our whole stay was so awesome and fun. Hope to see you again next year. Tolerant is the word yes.

No arrogance in that reply, quite humbling actually and refreshing.

It's a long response. A simple "My bad. Sorry. Def won't happen again" would be sufficient. We know the fluffs do all kinds of good things and I'm sure there's lots of love and sunshine in everyone's heart. That's not the issue tho. The issue is that several folks have reported this type of bullying behavior. That can't happen if Hedo is going to be "the most tolerant and loving spot on earth". Onward.

I cannot do what Kamar, for example can do. Message received and that is why I am publicly apologizing for my actions during a non-fluff week. I will leave the antics and leadership of fun to others during non fluff weeks and again I apologize to those who have been offended by my performances in the piano bar. I am truly sorry if my showmanship was interpreted as arrogance, it was meant to create energy and happiness. I respectively and humbly apologize to those I rubbed the wrong way and invite you to spend some time talking to me next time our paths cross. I want nothing more than for Hedo to be a special place for everyone - it is the most tolerant and loving spot on earth. Respect. Jon
    I am happy that your harassing of women in the piano bar will not continue. I was there last March, when Kemar was very new to the piano bar. Kemar was absolutely great and I VERY clearly remember you coming into the piano bar and, under the guise of "teaching" Kemar, harassing a couple of women into getting up onto the piano and then telling Kemar that is was he is supposed to do.

Well, thankfully, the rest of our time at Hedo we were in the piano bar every night and Kemar did NOT follow your lead. He invited, he smiled and charmed, but he did NOT harass or push. The piano bar rocked with positive energy and it had gone back to being my favorite spot at Hedo.

So I certainly hope that has not changed, and we'll find out when we are back in March again with our Amigos!

Thank you, Jon, for reading and responding, and for keeping Hedo such a unique and special place!

Laura

Kamar started the previous December. At that time I spent quite a few nights with him (including his first night). He did not know any of the typical routines (which was to be expected). He arrived to an out of tune piano with his small Panasonic keyboard. Yes, we literally spent the first few nights going over routines - including teaching him piece by piece, YMCA, change clothes, etc. In February, we were looking for a sufficient keyboard and Scottie who plays half the winter week for the Fluffernutters worked with Kamar on such things as Leave your Hat on, Sweet Caroline - etc. In addition, Scott donated his over $3,000 keyboard to the piano bar - especially because he believed and I concurred that Kamar was very special. Last July, we brought in Spike Blake - one of the top rated dueling piano players (gigamaster) in the USA. We contract him to play our takeover Fluff week in July (3 nights with Kamar/Deon etc playing the others). He too spent time with Kamar. At that time, we realized to get Kamar to his current sound he needed the equipment to fill in the music - so I bought him a Toshiba Laptop and Spike showed him how to incorporate it into his act. I agree that Kamar is very good. He actually learned faster than Deon. The addition of new sound equipment and the wireless mikes (and new microphones everywhere) have also helped. Kamar and I are pretty close. We talk often and have a strong relationship. I am glad he is being well received and you look forward to seeing him in March. I agree that he does an excellent job. What day do you arrive Laura?
    Last edited by Jon; 11-25-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Jon since you seem to be following this thread I thought I would send you to a good thread for you to read. It is a thread with some really good suggestions about what to do for some changes to the resort. I would say some of the best suggestions are (but there are many more in the thread) :

1. A cubby area at the nude pool which a few people have suggested to you, including me
    2. Free wifi
    3. Screens over the bathroom windows so critters don’t get in
    4. A self serve beer station at the nude bar to reduce the wait
    5. Table and chairs with cushions out by the main pool
    6. More potato products/casseroles at dinner. Lunch always have lots, need more for dinner.

http://www.adulttravelforum.com/foru...s-10M-spend-on
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Jon since you seem to be following this thread I thought I would send you to a good thread for you to read. It is a thread with some really good suggestions about what to do for some changes to the resort. I would say some of the best suggestions are (but there are many more in the thread) :

1. A cubby area at the nude pool which a few people have suggested to you, including me
    2. Free wifi
    6. More potato products/casseroles at dinner. Lunch always have lots, need more for dinner.

This coming from a good ole Candian Boy who loves his potatos and living not far from PEI, the potato capitol of Canada. Good call mac :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    This coming from a good ole Candian Boy who loves his potatos and living not far from PEI, the potato capitol of Canada. Good call mac :-)
    I know!!!! All they seem to offer at dinner is rice with brown beans in it. I hear people talking about all the selection of potatoes at lunch (boiled, mashed, casseroles and so on) and I am salivating at the mouth (but still having to much fun to leave the nude bar, plus just had breakfast a hour or so before, lol). What I wouldn't give for a simple dish full of mashed potatoes at the dinner buffet!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I hear you. I'm a meat and potato guy as well. Brown beans in rice isn't going to cut it for me. I'll have to stick to the pasta.

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post

2. Free wifi

Awesome simple suggestions, I would definitely love to see 1, 3, and 4 implemented!

We really appreciate your review. Was full of details and honest. It seems like your experience was very typical, except the piano bar. We are going soon for the first time as well, reading reviews and getting ready. What make us happy, is the fact that most of the guests were very friendly and easy to talk to.

I agree that Kamar is very good. He actually learned faster than Deon. The addition of new sound equipment and the wireless mikes (and new microphones everywhere) have also helped. Kamar and I are pretty close. We talk often and have a strong relationship. I am glad he is being well received and you look forward to seeing him in March. I agree that he does an excellent job. What day do you arrive Laura?
    Lots of interesting background on the efforts put into the piano bar, thanks so much, Jon. As I said, we really really enjoyed the piano bar last March, it once again became our favorite part of Hedo. The DIF is getting pretty bad as the first snow of the year just fell here! By husband and I arrive on March 15th, part of the Hedo Amigos group wreaking mayhem that week (ha!), and will say hello if we spot you around the property. Thanks again for all the details about the "evolution" of the piano bar recently.

Laura

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast