Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Experience

To ecco my lovely Wife, the piano bar is back to being the place we look forward to every evening when Kamar is playing. I am horrible with names but must also say that the bartender in the piano bar over the years is just about the best on the property. First night in every trip he has me down, diet no ice for the first cpl and then rum cream. All I have to do is show up at the bar and he is putting the right drink on the bar for me. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by HedoIIIlover View Post
    To ecco my lovely Wife, the piano bar is back to being the place we look forward to every evening when Kamar is playing. I am horrible with names but must also say that the bartender in the piano bar over the years is just about the best on the property. First night in every trip he has me down, diet no ice for the first cpl and then rum cream. All I have to do is show up at the bar and he is putting the right drink on the bar for me. Impressive.
    That would be Eldon and yes, he is a star for sure! The piano bar has had so many great bartenders over the years, Cheryl, Veronica, Arthur, Matta....miss seeing them all!
    Liz & Chris

Agreed Liz. I still remember first meeting Matta.... chatted with him in the piano bar and mentioned I hadn't had any luck with margaritas anywhere in JA. In like 30 seconds, he squeezed some fresh limes, shook w/ simple syrup, Cointreau & Jose - delicious. Over the next ~10 years, he was routinely the one of the fastest & best bartenders. Plus it was nice knowing he had your backs during a bunch of girls trips. Sure do miss him. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_VT View Post
    Agreed Liz. I still remember first meeting Matta.... chatted with him in the piano bar and mentioned I hadn't had any luck with margaritas anywhere in JA. In like 30 seconds, he squeezed some fresh limes, shook w/ simple syrup, Cointreau & Jose - delicious. Over the next ~10 years, he was routinely the one of the fastest & best bartenders. Plus it was nice knowing he had your backs during a bunch of girls trips. Sure do miss him. :/
    Yes, no one messed with us girls when Matta was around...he did a great job of keeping an eye on us!! Plus he was a fantastic bartender. A shame that he got let go.
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaam View Post
    Awesome simple suggestions, I would definitely love to see 1, 3, and 4 implemented!

I am all for number 3

Many guests get bites either on beach or in room. Thanks Mac-ra And add another cubby.

Slipping on steps from beach to nude pool. Try those black rubber mats with holes used in the nude bathrooms. That may work well?

Blog Entries
    Eldon is totally the man, remembers my name, drink and group. Last year when he saw me he said Hey Bill, is this the Bunch's week or are you here early. Friendly, genuine, all around great guy.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Janet View Post
    Hi,
    I am Jon, the CEO being reviewed. Let me start by apologizing profusely to anyone who was offended during the October weeks during my "piano bar" stints. Before becoming one of the owners at Hedo I was known for throwing the wildest parties at the resort. Fluffernutters is and was my group. Many of the stunts. like change of clothes, YMCA, leave your hat on date back to Fluffernutters. many many years ago. Some go back to when the group was "hedohome" with Dave the Pianist and even Ultima. Karmar will tell you that I taught him most of the routines he does. I have made some mistakes in assuming that the non fluff crowd would also enjoy the antics. Obviously, as the CEO I am no longer looked at as just the wild/crazy guy who runs Fluffernutters. During Fluff weeks I come with my wife of 33 years, the lovely Janet. I also bring some of my employees - many of whom are younger females. Since I now attend more often than just the Fluffernutter weeks - some weeks have not included "The Lovely Janet." The week in question had our friend Sara a fitness model who is in her 30's and close friends to both Janet and I. These are people who have been my friends and Fluffernutters way before any financial interest in Hedo. They attended my parties at Desire, The Playboy Mansion, Rehab, etc. Fluffernutters who know me know how much in love I am with my wife - we are junior high school sweethearts - dated at 13/12 and then again at 17/16 and been together ever since. Those who know Juliana, Christine, Tressa, etc know that they are part of what makes a Fluffernutter party rock. It has taken me getting some bad feedback in October to realize that the piano bar I envision does not sit well with a non Fluffernutters crowd. That even if 80 people are rocking it, if there are 20 who are uncomfortable - that now - as one of the owners - it does not bode well. I truly apologize to those who felt uncomfortable. There will be no more antics in the piano bar except during my major Fluffernutter weeks. The last week in February and the week in July (12-20 in 2014) will be all our piano bar fun. Those weeks have women waiting in line to dance naked on the piano and to enjoy how wild the bar changes to. We will be building another 2-4 Fluff weeks so that for those who want to can have those weeks to choose from. I will refrain from any antics during the non Fluff weeks and I respectively apologize to those who felt uncomfortable and or offended by my actions. Those who know me would tell you many stories of the goodness I have brought to Hedo and how deep my heart and soul feels for the resort, its staff and the magic that Hedo represents..... Jon (and the Lovely Janet)
    Please remember we have all indulged into making Hedo our vacation so no one on here can be perfect. Forgivin and forgot forever. Love Dee Make Love not War. Love Magic is the Vodoo we all love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    To be honest,I am surprised that "piano dancers" don't get Hedo Bucks or a complimentary bottle of rum for their efforts,just sayin'.
    I am with you on that wife danced naked over me and did a shot off of me and it was are first time to hedo. and Eldon is a great bar tender all of the help was really good we had a great time with the waitresses and the waiter in Italian place they are all such hard working friendly people. and yes there seems to be a lot of adult per pressure by the guests and some of the staff
    Last edited by frasan3871; 12-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Janet View Post
    I want nothing more than for Hedo to be a special place for everyone - it is the most tolerant and loving spot on earth. Respect. Jon
    Thanks Jon,

Nuff said
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

There are several co-owners now I believe. Just to clarify, Harry is one of them - he was around and visible and awesome when we were there (def. not the Danny DeVito guy). We really liked him a lot. He was polite and fun. Just wouldn't want the wrong owner to get the bad rap!

This is a very interesting thread. I would like to say I am impressed with the responses on this forum. I read and belong to many travel forums. (maybe too many, I think I need a hobby) One thing that is pretty common on other forums is that when a resort that is loved by so many people is criticized in any way many of the members "gang up" on the original poster and a brawl ensues. It is nice that opinions are so respected on here. It is one of the reasons I always look forward to checking in here every morning. That and the boobs and butt thread!

Hey Markis.... Who asked you...???!! Stuff it!!
    jk - Respect.

Austin TX, just south of St. louis and slightly north of Negril
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Yes, no one messed with us girls when Matta was around...he did a great job of keeping an eye on us!! Plus he was a fantastic bartender. A shame that he got let go.
    Unlike some of our other bartenders that didn't do so well keeping an eye on us girls.....thank heavens for flashy buttons!!!! Miss those trips with the girls......
    GARY N LORA

BOSOM BUDDIES
    Feb 20 - Mar 1, 2014
    Nov 1-8, 2014

Ha! I had that coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    This is a very interesting thread. I would like to say I am impressed with the responses on this forum. I read and belong to many travel forums. (maybe too many, I think I need a hobby) One thing that is pretty common on other forums is that when a resort that is loved by so many people is criticized in any way many of the members "gang up" on the original poster and a brawl ensues. It is nice that opinions are so respected on here. It is one of the reasons I always look forward to checking in here every morning. That and the boobs and butt thread!
    YOU ARE SO ON THE MONEY HERE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT. THUMBS UP. WE WILL BE GOING HOME IN 11 MONTHS. I GOT dif. REAL BAD. MY COUNT DOWN IS STARTED TODAY. Like our favorite staff would say Like the lovely SABRINA SAY "dON'T SAY GOODBYE JUST SAY SEE YA SOON." To me that means more than all the money on earth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast