Thread: Excursions

Excursions

Can any Hedo or even Negril regulars recommend any of the excursions that are optional from the resort like Rick's Cafe shuttle or the dolphin or horseback riding? Also, do they still do a clothing optional boat trip?

We have done the Rick's Cafe shuttle. The cliff diving is totally awesome to watch. The local pros are great and a real treat to watch. The tourist jumpers are examples of true bravery or lack of something else. Some must hurt for weeks from bad landings. The sunset view is excellent on the right evening and although Rick's isn't our kind of place we are glad we did it. Everyone should.

The clothing optional catamaran cruise is the greatest. We had a very good group and Rastaman Ralph was great fun. It's a great scenic trip and the swimming was fun. Some people used the slide off the boat and others climbed the ladder to the cliffs and jumped off. It was just a fun, naked good time. Don't miss this one.
    "Live, Love and Laugh!"

My wife and I made our first trip to Jam. and HII this last Dec. Although it
    ate up practically a whole day, we did the Dunns River Falls and the swim
    with the dolphins. Yes, the dolphins was a bit touristy, but still it was very
    interesting. (I know there are those that think it not right to keep the dolphins
    like that, but that's a topic for another forum. For me, this time, it was just a
    part of the package to get to the falls...)

Going to Dunns falls was definitely one of the high points of the trip (for a trip
    with so many firsts and high points). I would recommend it to everyone.

The down-side is that from HII its a 3 hour drive - each way. It was hard to
    justify 6 hours in the minivan for a couple hours at the falls. Still, we were
    there for 8 days and felt we could burn one that way. Besides, in December
    the days were short enough that most of the ride back to the resort was after
    the sun went down and what Elvis didn't see, Elvis didn't know (Elvis was the
    driver's name - how could anyone do that to a kid???).

The honeymoon couple we were sharing the minivan with was having a similar
    'conversation' in the seat in front of us once it got dark, so I guess us old
    folks (late 40's) aren't too old.

The one 'downer'-side is that the roads are brutal. The 3 hour ride to the falls
    shook loose a kidney stone (which I've had problems with for the last couple
    of years) and if I hadn't been able to get some pain medicine at the first stop,
    the acute pain and discomfort would have not only ruined the day, but the whole
    rest of the vacation. Fortunately, the over the counter medicine worked enough
    this time that the pain over the 8 or 10 hours it took to pass didn't send me to
    the hospital.

I only mention that last part as a warning about the condition of the roads.
    Apparently they are 100% better than they were a couple years ago (according
    to the folks on this board), but if you have back or hips problems, or a headache
    or kidney stones, don't think that a short drive is a 'ride in the park'. Fore-warned
    and all that...

Oh well, maybe we are too old... for some stuff...

Mike

Going to Dunns falls was definitely one of the high points of the trip (for a trip
    with so many firsts and high points). I would recommend it to everyone.

If you would like to go to the falls you should go to hedo III. It is only 30 min away. We did the same thing our first trip to hedo was to hedo II but at that time hedoIII was not open. And Like Zed said the roads are hell. and it is a all day trip from II. We all so went to ricks it was great. we will be going back to II this June It has been 9 years and we plan on going back to Ricks.
    We have been going to hedo III the last 5 years. But we are looking forward to going back to see how II has changed.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

We went to Hedo III in 2005, Hedo II last year and going back to Hedo II in March...We really loved it last year and hope to have even more fun this time around...Both places have their strong suits, neither is better but both are awesome places to meet the best people you have ever met in your life...Don't miss out on that part of the trip whether you go to 2 or 3...Meet everyone you can and squeeze every bit of fun out of your trip...You'll remember it forever no matter how many times you go...See you there!
    "Live, Love and Laugh!"