Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from Hedo Halloween 2013....first timers

Just returned from Hedo Halloween 2013....first timers

Well where can we start....
    The trip over all was an experience to remember.
    When we arrived at the airport in Montego Bay we were greeted by many friendly Jamaicans. We of course grabbed a cold beer just outside to get into the spirit of being on vacation, but also to cool us from the hot 35 degree weather. Our tour taxi Rocky's was there waiting to take us to our resort.
    The drive through Montego Bay and toward Negril was interesting, we constantly felt the urge to remind the driver that he was on the wrong side of the road, but he in fact was not. Lol that took a little while to get used to.
    The view along the ocean was amazing but the landscape of Jamaica is something to see, which according to our driver is littered with "farm land" lol. Regardless, it was nice to see mountains along with endless ocean.
    We stopped for more beer along the way, as well as a little rest stop on the side of the road that sold jerk chicken (of course) and souvenirs. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. We felt right at home, and we weren't at the resort yet.
    We soon arrived at Hedonism II. Our bags were unloaded and we were again greeted with a friendly young Jamaican smile serving champagne and orange juice, we were so excited. We filled out our check in paper work and waited hoping to get our keys to our room right away, not so much. We sat in the lobby for over an hour, as new comers arrived and received their keys right away. Talk about buzz kill. But, after a much anticipated wait, we finally were on our way to our ocean view nude room.
    Once we arrived to our room, after passing by many-a-nudes, we were so lucky to realize we had received a newly renovated room with an upgrade to the jacuzzi on the front deck! Except....it was not filled yet. We were also missing a fridge, our safe didn't work, and the AC leaked once turned on. With our spirits already dampened with such a prolonged wait in the lobby we were quick to assume this trip wasn't going to be what we thought. But we're both pretty easy going and informed the resort attendants of our issues, in hopes they would be resolved in a timely fashion. We soon stripped down and joined the party at the nude bar, which was conveniently located directly beside our room! Score!! We received our fridge that night! And we were already knee deep in the first day of our first hedo experience...to be continued...

Yes please continue!!! Loved your report so far. We love the drive to Hedo just to see Jamaica. Reading about your drive took me right back to our first trip. Can't wait to hear about your week.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Sounds like the rooms were not quite ready and they rushed to get them used.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Sounds like the rooms were not quite ready and they rushed to get them used.
    Cop..
    That's exactly our thought. We got an H-block newly renovated room with jacuzzi, where the jacuzzi had only one slight issue: It was only a square in the deck, with nothing in it. The same was true for the airco (: nothing there), the flatscreen TV (the rack mount on the wall was there, but no TV). The fridge was there, but not connected. Once I connected it, the door of the cupboard that is was in wouldn't close any more (as in: stood wide open, roughly at a 90 degree angle to the cupboard, preventing passage between bed and cupboard), so I simply took the door off. Then there was the magnetic lock on the sliding door to the deck, which was working even when you unlocked the sliding door, preventing my girlfriend from opeing the door on her own, so that was taken off as well. Last but not least, three new wall mounted electricity sockets with USB charging slots (like the idea) didn't work (with the rest of the electricity failing a couple of days later, probably because of the moisture combined with the unprotected live wires inside and outside the room and the unprotected light in the shower).

Looks like the planning was off and they simply ran out of normal rooms, pressing the unfinished ones into service to limit the amount of bumped guests to Grand Lido (at one point there were altogether around 50 Hedo guests staying at Grand Lido during the past week: We spent time with several of them).

I was not surprised that there was bumping to Lido and that there weren't enough rooms for Halloween and Anniversary. I would have been surprised if there were enough rooms. The more things change, the more they stay the same....especially in regard to Hedo. It's all good tho and hopefully they will eventually get the rooms done.

I have also been assuming that the new rooms likely won't all sell and during busier times some lucky folks will get upgraded to the new rooms.....just my opinion based on the past and what folks like to pay.

All in all sounds just like Hedo. Hope the trip was fun!!
    Liz & Chris

Looking forward to the rest of the story...
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by smallandtall View Post
    That's exactly our thought. We got an H-block newly renovated room with jacuzzi, where the jacuzzi had only one slight issue: It was only a square in the deck, with nothing in it. The same was true for the airco (: nothing there), the flatscreen TV (the rack mount on the wall was there, but no TV). The fridge was there, but not connected. Once I connected it, the door of the cupboard that is was in wouldn't close any more (as in: stood wide open, roughly at a 90 degree angle to the cupboard, preventing passage between bed and cupboard), so I simply took the door off. Then there was the magnetic lock on the sliding door to the deck, which was working even when you unlocked the sliding door, preventing my girlfriend from opeing the door on her own, so that was taken off as well. Last but not least, three new wall mounted electricity sockets with USB charging slots (like the idea) didn't work (with the rest of the electricity failing a couple of days later, probably because of the moisture combined with the unprotected live wires inside and outside the room and the unprotected light in the shower).

Looks like the planning was off and they simply ran out of normal rooms, pressing the unfinished ones into service to limit the amount of bumped guests to Grand Lido (at one point there were altogether around 50 Hedo guests staying at Grand Lido during the past week: We spent time with several of them).
    Man, they SO need a Project Manager... And I know just the woman for the job!!!!

Ok, we are set to leave in twenty days. Any information about; showers not working (sand in the lines ), cameras rules not being enforced, being bumped to another hotel, construction / security detail hanging out (lurking) after shifts. We would appreciate any first hand information from recent trips. We understand growing pains and welcome the improvements however some of these items are un acceptable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janda12 View Post
    Ok, we are set to leave in twenty days. Any information about; showers not working (sand in the lines ), cameras rules not being enforced, being bumped to another hotel, construction / security detail hanging out (lurking) after shifts. We would appreciate any first hand information from recent trips. We understand growing pains and welcome the improvements however some of these items are un acceptable.

Don't worry friends, this forum (as much as I love it) tends to micro the ups and downs of the resort. Most of the incidents recorded here are rare, they happen, but it is an annoyance more than a ruination. Likelihood is you'll never encounter any of these problems and all will be good.

Life is never perfect except at Hedo till someone screws it up. I think that is why it is so memorable when someone does screw up, because after many days of laying out and chilling with the nicest people you've ever meet, one idiot will do something rude that most people won't even see. It just takes away a few minutes of an otherwise perfect week in the sun.....

Really it's the friendliest place in the world

Have Fun

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

OMG We Had the most amazing time, met the most amazing people, and are planning our return. Yes we were bumped to the Grand Lido the first night, but the grounds keeper and our newly adopted family B and E. We had a blast laughed our asses off and met up again at Hedo the next day. Ron the grounds keeper from Lido knocked a bread fruit from a tree took it to the chef who prepared us a 5 star meal of bread fruit aki and sawfish, thanks to Ice for that. Next day we waited forever for a room, as did many others. But being the optimist and not really caring, (We are in paradise) we headed to the pool and found B and E at the pool and all of the other members of the Pen pals group. We had on clothes which quickly disappeared.. We were immediately greeted with a welcome home. We were immediately at home, what an amazing group of people!! A hedo handshake or ten (which the girls made up i'm sure) some nice rubbing and groping and we fit right in....to be continued.......

Glad it all turned out good.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We apologize for the delay in adding to our already started story, but life gets in the way. So here is a continuation to the last thread.
    Our first night started off slow as both of us were trying to get our barrings, although being put in a room that was right beside the "action" (nude bar) forced us to step outside of our comfort zone.... I, being a woman was comfortable enough stripping down and joining the flock, but it took my man a bit to warm up to the environment. We made our way around the resort to check things out and stopped for dinner at the buffet (great food btw). During dinner we ran into a couple that we had talked to during check in. We had some good conversation and let them know that this was our first Hedo experience. Thankfully, they were seasoned veterans and were able to shed some light on what is expected during our stay. After dinner we continued to drink and socialize, which in turn allowed my man to feel more relaxed (talk about liquid courage). After a few more wobbly pops, we wanted to head to the nude pool/hot tub. WOW! Let me just say...Everything that you could imagine happening when you have drunk, naked adults in a hot tub, was happening. Erotic to say the least Then the next thing we knew we were completely naked and heading to the ohhhhh so famous naked waterslide with another couple we just met. And we didnt just go down this slide once, it turned into the naked water slide Olympics!! What a way to kick off our first night at Hedo II!...

Quote Originally Posted by Brody14 View Post
    We apologize for the delay in adding to our already started story, but life gets in the way. So here is a continuation to the last thread.
    Our first night started off slow as both of us were trying to get our barrings, although being put in a room that was right beside the "action" (nude bar) forced us to step outside of our comfort zone.... I, being a woman was comfortable enough stripping down and joining the flock, but it took my man a bit to warm up to the environment. We made our way around the resort to check things out and stopped for dinner at the buffet (great food btw). During dinner we ran into a couple that we had talked to during check in. We had some good conversation and let them know that this was our first Hedo experience. Thankfully, they were seasoned veterans and were able to shed some light on what is expected during our stay. After dinner we continued to drink and socialize, which in turn allowed my man to feel more relaxed (talk about liquid courage). After a few more wobbly pops, we wanted to head to the nude pool/hot tub. WOW! Let me just say...Everything that you could imagine happening when you have drunk, naked adults in a hot tub, was happening. Erotic to say the least Then the next thing we knew we were completely naked and heading to the ohhhhh so famous naked waterslide with another couple we just met. And we didnt just go down this slide once, it turned into the naked water slide Olympics!! What a way to kick off our first night at Hedo II!...
    More, more, more, Brody. Enjoying the perspective of a newbie as that is what my wife and I will be. However I get it, sometimes life just gets in the way but hopefully we will hear more from you soon.

As I stated in several email to our travel agent and to others. The issue I see with Hedo is that the maintenance is not what it should be. As a maintenance tech I suggested that during the period from check out and a new guest arrives that not only do the do a complete cleaning (which they do and a good job at that) but they send a maintenance person to the room to check the systems to see if they need attention. if so they don't put guest in that room or at least inform the guest of the issues before they get there. A simply check list would work wonders. 1) does the AC work and what temp is it actually producing. (have a set temp that is average to every room. 2) Hot water(the same as AC). #) ect ect.

this to me would cut down on complaints and shifting of rooms. Last time we were there changed rooms twice but looked at 3 others..
    rockcouple62 on SLS
    HEDO 2
    Seamore's Misfits Sept 8-17 2023

Quote Originally Posted by janda12 View Post
    Maintenance men never have a radio? If you should see one watch out. That is not a person who should have one at all and is not security at the resort period. Lurking is not acceptable. I was been watched during daylight hours by one who had no rake in his hand I recall. Blue is Repair, Green is grounds workers. Black and white Security.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast