Thread: Trip Report Oct 2013

Trip Report Oct 2013

Trip Report
    Hedo II Oct 17 – 24, 2013

For the interest of Canadian readers, we took a package with WestJet, out of Toronto, using the 3:00pm flight, getting us to the resort in time for dinner. Flights both ways were on time and comfortable. No charge for checked bags, but no meal service.
    Ground connections (included with the package) were smooth, on time, and fast (60 mins. to the resort, 75 mins. back, in rush hour).
    A couple of groups were wrapping up their visits as we arrived. They were a great crowd and very inclusive (thanks Suzie!).
    The weekend of Oct 19 – 21 was a Jamaican national celebration and holiday. The resort was ‘taken over’ by a local radio station and their fans. So Jamaican rap and techno music plastered the main pool, prude beach, and disco from HUGE speakers. Most of the local guests (with some very friendly exceptions) did not venture too close to the nude beach. Those of us with a more northern complexion did not exactly fit in. But the resort sure was filled up and jumping.
    Strangely, the Entertainers did not switch the Jamaican Night theme to match the local festival, so the scheduled Naughty School Girl was a total and confusing flop. Shame, and a big disappointment.

After the weekend the resort was very much quieter—we were able to have a conversation with new friends until an EC showed up and cranked up the ‘music’ then proceeded to talk (shout) over it. Music good: music and verbal instructions—bad.
    The beach was immaculate. Loads of new loungers and umbrellas. They were under constant washing and cleaning. The hot tub has two four-step stairways into them. No excuse for face plants into the hot tub with a glass in hand. The various steps by the hot tub and pool all have grab rails. No/less chance of broken or sprained wrists from falls. The ocean was bath-tub warm.
    A block of hot tub rooms along the beach was being renovated by expert craftsmen. They worked through the night to prep the new rooms for a full-house Halloween. The new rooms look great. The bathrooms are larger and well fitted. But I do wonder how many guests really want an on-view toilet in a glass-walled chamber. I’ll stick with the old, slightly shabby but comfortable cheap rooms.
    Two great meals at the Italian restaurant, with its slightly modified menu. The former antipasto is incorrectly now termed Tapas. Immaculate but very friendly service. A great place to eat. K enjoyed her Japanese meal. I missed it. Regular buffet meals were really quite good—exceptional roast beef, good duck and roast turkey, and two overly large lobster tails. Good though repetitive salads. Delicious breads and croissants. The omelet man does a great job. Bar service everywhere was friendly, accurate and welcoming.
    As in the past, the ECs were not up to the job. As on-stage entertainers they are all very talented and required to work long, hard hours. But many are way too young to ‘read the audience’ and understand that the guests (median age while we were there was closer to 50+ than 40+) have very different ‘likes’ when it comes to music. We also tend to expect that advertised activities will happen. A number of times I saw ECs sitting under a tree or away from the action, chatting to each other while guests waited for an activity to begin. Among activities that did not happen: body painting, some Bocce Ball games. The latter game was so popular (when it happened) that we had 10 guests wanting to play.
    The ECs now have to run the evening shows as outside entertainers have been trimmed way back. The steel band group were very good but the MC’s constant, “give them some love” got boring and very irritating. Shut the **** up when the music is playing!
    The Piano Bar was jumping the evenings it was open. At times it competed with the Jamaican festival. Sitting midway between venues made conversation problematic. The piano man is a great entertainer and very popular.
    The grounds look beautiful and were under constant grooming. White paint was being applied around the main pool.
    This was probably the best of the recent dozen or so visits. A real plus was finding out from Lorna (guest relations) that all guests who visit for 14 nights or more are entitled to an extra three nights. The visit does not need to be a two-week-long visit. So we are already booked to return in December.
    The changes and refinements are almost all positive, under the new Marshmallow ownership.

PNK

Thanks for the report, glad to know that the improvements are on-going...especially the hot tub steps, they were positively dangerous! Sorry that School Girl night was a bust, I would be totally pissed as that is my favourite theme night. Hope your DIF and PHSD (Post Hedo Stress Disorder) is not too severe.

79 days to go!

BTW we love WestJet!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Awesome report, thanks for the update!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We were there during the same time (Oct. 20-26) and must have played bocce with you! My husband and I were both dressed for school girl night, but we did notice that there weren't a lot of other people dressed up. We met a lot of newbies this trip and thought that may have something to do with it. Many newbies are unsure about costumes or are too intimidated to participate. We had a blast, this was our 4th trip, as we finally took advantage of some group activities like bocce and naked water slide. We also loved the steel drums, it was our favorite night! Our trip report is coming soon, but it was nice to see one from someone that was there at the same time as us.
    Hedo II
    Dec. 2010
    Dec. 2011
    Mar. 2012
    Oct. 2013
    Oct. 2014

School girl night is my favorite with pigtails being my fetish, sorry it didnt work out well.
    We thought the same thing when we were there in Sept about the young EC on the mike when the steel drum band was playing, yelling "Hup Hup" the whole time.
    Was not needed.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hi Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by vsp250 View Post
    We were there during the same time (Oct. 20-26) and must have played bocce with you! My husband and I were both dressed for school girl night, but we did notice that there weren't a lot of other people dressed up. We met a lot of newbies this trip and thought that may have something to do with it. Many newbies are unsure about costumes or are too intimidated to participate. We had a blast, this was our 4th trip, as we finally took advantage of some group activities like bocce and naked water slide. We also loved the steel drums, it was our favorite night! Our trip report is coming soon, but it was nice to see one from someone that was there at the same time as us.
    Jenny and I finally got around to logging on -- she told me she got a message from you. We were among those newbies who were clueless about costumes and themes. I offered to wear my girlfriend's panties and a t-shirt to dinner but weren't sure if it was a good idea. Anyway, great meeting both of you -- keep in touch. W

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    We thought the same thing when we were there in Sept about the young EC on the mike when the steel drum band was playing, yelling "Hup Hup" the whole time.
    Was not needed.
    That is exactly what happened last night (again).

The Silver steel whatever-drum band were the best entertainment we have seen at Hedo in all of our visits, but the EC was not improving their performance by being on the mike the whole time. I think that Naughty Nick was thinking the same, as he sat at our table and I saw him shake his head a lot. Now I'm wondering if something will be done about that, considering that it is obviously not a recent change but something that has been going on for well over a month.

A pity, because the show the steel drum band gave was great.

Hey we are going the end of nov. 30th to dec. 6 th we were or are looking forward to all the activities and games . Are you telling me that they don't really do much? This will be are first time and the recent reviews don't seem all that good. We are so sexed up for this hope thing improve by the 30th

Start your own games
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hi cop we will be newbies and would not be sure of what kind of games or activities to start . every one on hear seems so nice most of you seem to have so much fun we cant wait to get there and see what its all about. my wife is concerned about what to wear to dinner she keeps telling me that its formal dress and I keep telling her its really not that its more hot and sexy can u please clarify this for us thanks. any way I am sure we will have a great time

Quote Originally Posted by frasan3871 View Post
    we will be newbies. my wife is concerned about what to wear to dinner she keeps telling me that its formal dress and I keep telling her its really not that its more hot and sexy can u please clarify this for us thanks. any way I am sure we will have a great time
    She should wear formalwear only if the outfit is short, sexxxy, revealing, see through or any of the above. Also, panties are forbidden. Don't even pack them. Here is Mrs. HJ's entire outfit (plus the other shoe) for a Fishnet Pool Party one evening. If an outfit fits in the toe of a fuck me pump, it is perfect for Hedo.

Attachment 6701
    Last edited by HedoJoe; 11-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

My husband and I have been to hedo 4 times. As far as dressing for supper goes, it depends what you want to do. That's the point of hedo, do what you want to do. Sometimes I dress up totally wild and slinky. Other times I doll up and go formal. It is what you want to do. When I was a newb I just dressed casual the first night, sat back and watched everyone else to see how it worked. One thing is for sure, when you go home, the first thing you do is start planning and buying outfits for next year because you will definitely not have enough the first year. My collection of costumes is getting quite extensive. Also, just when you think you have seen the most far out costume, you will see one that is more wild later on. This will all happen in the main dining area. So wear whatever you want to dinner and be comfortable and enjoy your holiday in paradise!