Thread: Outside the Resort?

Outside the Resort?

This is our first trip to Jamaica and I've always heard that you don't want to leave the resort grounds due to a high crime rate. For anyone who has visited Hedo trois before, have you been outside the resort and is there some little resort friendly community for knick knack shopping close by?

Just curious.

Crime does happen in Jamaica, but it also happens in around us in Minnesota and where you are too. The main reason you may not want to leave the resort grounds is due to the sand gravity you will find when you are there. If that does happen both hedos do have venders come in to sell there stuff. If you can break away from the sand gravity do not worry about going off grounds, Jamaica is a beautiful country with wonderful people.

The 1st year my husband & I went (3yrs ago), we went to Dunn's River Falls, they had a lot of vendors there, that were fairly pushy, but as long as you tell them no thanks thier fine. We also did a Jeep Safari tour which was awesome. It was just the 2 of us, and we were taken to a location like no other where you could look down on the ships in Ocho Rios. The 2nd time we went we stayed at the resort, couldn't take us away from the nude side. So if you've never been I would highly recommend touring a little, and they do have some vendors that are at the resort with similar items you find outside. Have a great Trip!!!!!!!!

We rarely leave the resort. Sitting in a van to go to one of the sights is just annoying. But there are things you can do. One thing we've never done is just leave and go to town to shop or anything. No real reason to when crafts people sell at the resort itself.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Great Feedback!

Thanks for the feedback so far. Has anyone ever been to Ferngully? I hear it's quite beautiful, but don't know how far from Hedo 3. Any truth to that?

I just visited Hedo III and I must say the "locals" were a LOT less 'pushy' than the staff at the resort. Tell you the truth i was hassled less and was more comfortable when I wasn't at the resort than when I was.... I went down as a single *white* girl and I went right into town, partied with them on the side of the road and at the beach and never once had an issue with being offered anything besides weed, so for me... I'd have to say I'm all for going off the resort. But everyone experiences and handles everything differently.