Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brilliance of the Seas January 27, 2014

Brilliance of the Seas January 27, 2014

Hello all!!!, We are new to the site and didn't see anything posted for this cruise. We have been on a vanilla cruise but never a swinger cruise. We would love to hear from others that are going on the cruise. Any help about the cruise would be great too.

Thanks,
    Matthew & Crissy

IMG_0877-002 - Copy.jpg

Hello Matthew and Crissy,
    We are also new to this site and we will be on this cruise in January, first LS cruise, and we are very excited about it! I haven't found a lot of specific infos about this cruise yet, but I hope to get more soon (like theme nights, excursions, etc. etc.). There is some info on the SLS website. In any case, I'm sure it is gonna be a blast!

Hey! We haven't seen any updates on the cruise either. We have read on cruisecritic that there will be non-swingers on this cruise and were wondering how many were going to be traveling with us. It doesn't seem like the ship is filling up as fast as the one going in November but it is still a few months away. Yes it will definitely be an adventure!

Hi again!
    Well, I'm not too worried about the ship not filling up as fast as others, because if I'm not mistaken, I think they announced that charter only a couple of months ago... And even if it is not completely filled up, it's gonna leave some room to enjoy the ship and get a spot in the hot tub!! In any case, from what I see, it's already 40% up reserved... so it means 500+ people! Good party!
    And about the non-swinger, bah, already 114 couples enlisted on SLS, so I'm optimistic! And my main objective is always to go and have fun with my man! About the rest, we'll see...

Anyone know what the theme nights are? We asked back in July and was told everything would be released in a month. I've emailed them a few times since and all they say is "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by AntsMarching View Post
    Anyone know what the theme nights are? We asked back in July and was told everything would be released in a month. I've emailed them a few times since and all they say is "soon."
    Hi guys! I found out the theme nights here : http://www.alreadybooked.com/forums/...4-theme-nights

We may just do this cruise

Thanks for theme night info....found it ok.
    Will be our first trip, but I am also concerned only 40% reserved.
    We mostly concerned about how to get alcohol on to avoid stiff drink fees and have it available in cabin. Are their restrictions on liquids when boarding,done in the name of security?

Quote Originally Posted by Socalcpl View Post
    Hi again!
    Well, I'm not too worried about the ship not filling up as fast as others, because if I'm not mistaken, I think they announced that charter only a couple of months ago... And even if it is not completely filled up, it's gonna leave some room to enjoy the ship and get a spot in the hot tub!! In any case, from what I see, it's already 40% up reserved... so it means 500+ people! Good party!
    And about the non-swinger, bah, already 114 couples enlisted on SLS, so I'm optimistic! And my main objective is always to go and have fun with my man! About the rest, we'll see...
    Where do you see that its only 40% filled?

Above SocalCpl and few other entries, but they were in October.

Hi guys!
    The 40 % I estimated in October was from multiples booking sites. I mean, if you go on a travel agent site and click on "book now" you can see which cabins are still available on which decks. Right now, it's more than that. You should check.

About alcohol, they do have security check on boarding, so I don't plan on bringing any. From what I've read, drinks price range can go from 4 to 8 dollars. (except for special stuff you could want I guess.) IMHO, I don't think it's exagerated compared to any bar or restaurant.

Thanks SDocalcpl. I assume they will sell drink packages set by day, as well, maybe. Yep. Gave up idea of bringing on alcohol.

We are getting close to 60% sold out and we will probably sail at about 75-80% occupancy. That is about what we did last January and the numbers are trending the same. This is our last 5 night cruise, people seem to like the 7 day charters the best and especially the bigger ships.

We always get a lot of last minute bookings (more and more pour in every day). People think that if they wait till the last minute, that there will be some deals sent out, but it just won't happen. Never has, never will. We always go up in price as the categories start to sell out, we don't go down, because if we did, we would have to credit the difference to everyone that has already booked.

We still expect 1,500 - 1,700 people on board. That is like 3 sold out Hedo's and 3 sold out Desire resorts all at the same time. Now THAT is a party

Bob & Tess
    Couples Cruise
    Bob & Tess
    Couples Cruise

As far as Drink Packages, they are available and they are a great deal. I will start a new thread on here to discuss how these work.

B & T
    Bob & Tess
    Couples Cruise

Thanks Bob and Tess for the infos.
    This will be great!

I must say we like the shorter cruises as it is more easy for us to get away from work and have willing babysitters. With flights and travelling time, it's hard to get away for more than 5-6 nights. So in this case, 5 nights will be just perfect.

Also, I have a question : do you know if there will be some excursions available that will be clothing optional?

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast