Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $100 Deposits on arival at Hedo 2

Blog Entries

Unhappy $100 Deposits on arival at Hedo 2

This new and a surprise, just received an e-mail from Castaways Travel that states upon arrival at Hedo 2 that all guests must pay $100 deposit each,
    what's all this about, anyone else heard of this, its for purchase's or expenditures. I hope they were going to inform folks before they arrived, they like us only brought about $100 in total last year.

Glenn & Vall

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Next door at Sandals they will hit your card for $400 immediately upon checkin.That way,if you need a $3 tube of toothpaste the size of your finger or some trinkets from the gift shop they apply those charges to your card.BUT they have people follow you around pestering you wanting to "take a picture" so they can then sell them to you and collect what is on the card already.What ever you have left of the $400 when you leave is credited back to your card on checkout.I doubt HEDO will ever have photographers pestering the guests.Sandals was over the top on the photography issue from my perspective.(and YES,I have to go back there......)
    NN

So if they charge $100 to my card, will be credit card company also charge a "foreign transaction fee" for that? Will I be out the "foreign transaction fee" even if the entire $100 is credited back? Will a second "foreign transaction fee" be charged when the $100 is returned?

When hotels do that, they don't actually charge your card. They put a hold on it without processing the charge.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Question

I wonder what they will do when they realize we don't even own a credit card... :-)

Make us pay in cash for something we won't use?

We had to do this in April when we went, not sure about the year before. It is standard at all hotels. They put a hold of $100 on your credit card and if there are any charges on the room upon check out then they charge your card. We didn't have any charges so nothing was ever charged to our card last year.

And yes, if you do not have a credit card you will have to provide a cash deposit of $100 which is refundable at check out if there are no charges to the room.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We've been to a few hotels all over Europe, but never had this happen to us before.
    Is it a U.S. or Jamaican thing?

Especially with an all inclusive resort (After all, what is left to pay for: massages? We don't let them do that: we massage each other.) I'm very surprised to hear that they do such a thing.
    Oh well, we'll see how things go when we get there and they realize we don't have a credit card.
    We haven't had our travel agent mention this, so for now we'll go for ignorance instead of carrying another 100 US in cahs that we won't ever spend after leaving Hedo.

It use to be a $50.00 charge,inflation has gotten everyone!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Quote Originally Posted by smallandtall View Post
    We've been to a few hotels all over Europe, but never had this happen to us before.
    Is it a U.S. or Jamaican thing?

Especially with an all inclusive resort (After all, what is left to pay for: massages? We don't let them do that: we massage each other.) I'm very surprised to hear that they do such a thing.
    Oh well, we'll see how things go when we get there and they realize we don't have a credit card.
    We haven't had our travel agent mention this, so for now we'll go for ignorance instead of carrying another 100 US in cahs that we won't ever spend after leaving Hedo.
    It is common in the US and Hedo is now owned by a US Company.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

It is common in Canada too and has been for years. About 10 years ago I got stuck in my hometown after going out to the bars and I only brought cash with me in my little purse and they would not allow me to check into a hotel without a credit card, even though I had the cash to pay for it.

Blog Entries
    I quite often just carry cash if we just go out for a drink, if we go out for a meal then I take cards, but we distinctly remember last year at Hedo we didn't have pay a deposit, still its not a problem, its just the way I found out. 211 Days to go then "Paradise"

Glenn & Vall

I'm a travel agent And travel all over the world, most high end hotels do this at check in... When they ask for your credit card at check in they are "holding" a deposit to turn on phones in the room, towel charges, last minute room service, and mini bar charges to name a few... In jan last year we didn't show a card either, but from what I under stand their will be high end wine offered now that I'm sure will bill to your room, wifi will be offered all these things would be then added up, if you didn't use it the charge won't go through. Most people only stay a week , ten days, a 100 charge and credit will be on your same credit card bill.

I think they just put a "hold" on the $100 on your credit card the same as hotels here do. I looked back and there were no charges or credits from our trip last year, but I remember having to give it, well actually Ricky gave his while I be bopped around all excited and chatting with people, lol

Blog Entries
    I can understand if we make phone calls use wi fi or bust a mirror in the room, but we can't see in an all inclusive holiday what else we have to pay for, towel charges
    never had that anywhere, still its not going to spoil our trip.

Glenn & Vall

Blog Entries
    Haven't been asked at Hedo for last six years but they have history on me and I never charge anything, but staying at other resorts they require it, it's nice to just say "charge it to the room" if you need something at the gift shop or need to make calls. They just want to make sure they don't get screwed for your charges you won't pay at check out. Back in the day, you'd just charge away then settle up at the end, but the resorts got screwed if your cc was declined. They don't charge the card, it's just a hold on your credit limit.

No worries, it's all Irie, throw down the freakin card and forget about it.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast