Thread: First timers Desire Cancun

First timers Desire Cancun

We have an open ticket to Desire Cancun that must be used by Feb28. I am concerned about the weather, and also that someone posted there is not much to do there. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you

We were there in 2011 around 14 feb. nights were cool, needed a sweather late evening and the overall weather was not good. That said, we met folks that were there the week before and all was nice... Ocean was cold and rough. As for the resort, 100 or so room, so it is small, but there is a playroom plenty to do off resort, Mexico and especially that area all the way down to Tulum/Coba is beautiful, plus your only 20 min by cab to Cancun. We've been back to Pearl but in May and will definately go back to RM some day, trouble is that we met to many awsome people at Hedo so we keep going back there. I would not hesitate to go, especially if you have an open ticket, it's a lovely resort with excellent food. I would however avoid Feb.

Hi, we are just back from that area and have been to Desire.
    Weather, it rains and there is sun most of the time. Nice and very warm all the time.
    To do there, eat. Oh yea, I put on ten lbs. The fun is up on the top of one of the buildings
    where the bar and hot tub are so you can make your own fun up there. Beach is nude but NO PDA's at all.
    Crock watching in the swamp out in front of the resort was something I enjoyed and had the local police
    hanging out watching a HUGE crock one day sunning itself .
    The resort is close to a lot of interesting day trip locations. Do some homework before you go and you can
    save some money by pre arranging a cpl of them. We took the opportunity to take a day and head out to
    the Atlantes Submersible via a ferry ride out to the island of Cozumel. You get a cpl of hours on the island
    to shop and have lunch as well. We ask the taxi driver where a good place to eat would be and he took us
    right to a very nice place. I just wish I had known to ask for the local version as the lunch was very good
    but I would have liked the spicy version the locals get.
    When we were at Desire I ended up renting a car for a day and driving down to Tulum. Great place to visit.
    Easy to find that way. Lots of other places to visit as well. Enjoy.