Thread: Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance was supposed to become "lifestyle friendly" in May of this year. Has anyone been there since then? Does it really seem to be lifestyle friendly? We are looking for a less expensive option to Hedo and Skyauction has it right now for $180/night/couple for winter bookings if paid for by the end of this month. We are thinking of doing three days there to check it out after our time at Hedo in January.

We have booked an excursion on the November cruise that goes there for the day. We are looking forward to checking it out.

Great. Maybe you could post something here when you get back and let us know what you think of it. And we'll be at Hedo at the same time as you in January so perhaps we could get scoop first-hand.

Club Ambience Review

Well... We were told that they were putting on their best face for us because we were the first large group they had. I guess the best way to put it is that we weren't overly impressed. It is an older place that they have worked on, but the edges are still a bit rough. We didn't hate it, but it wouldn't be our first choice. I know that sounds a bit strange coming from people who love Hedo as much as we do, but the staff, the crowd and the energy at Hedo make up for the rough spots for us. It may be because they are new, but the staff didn't seem nearly as friendly as we have seen at the other resorts. The price is certainly better than most other lifestyle resorts, but (just our opinion) we think the difference is worth it.

That was our take, but a friend of ours who saw more of the resort than we did wrote this, and it is a lot more comprehensive...

It is a quaint little resort, run down & needing improvements yes. I thought all of the staff was very accommodating; some of them wanting to be a little more accommodating if you get my meaning. I do think that the resort staff should be made aware that they are not to “go there” with their guests, be flirtatious yes but nothing more, they must keep it professional.

The guest rooms were very clean & spacious, older décor but so is some of the rooms at Hedo & Caliente Caribe. The swimming pool layout is nice, no swim up bar but that’s not a issue if the staff is attentive. The problem with the pool is that once you cross beyond the volleyball net it drops fast & deep. I do know that the resort did say they plan to fill in the deep end & level out the pool which will make this a Great place to hang out. The areas around the pool were very nice I thought & I loved the fact that the rooms open up right alongside the pool. The play room was set up very nice & the AC worked Great.

All of the dining areas were very roomy & the food was good. I do know that the buffet was limited due to this being a excursion & would be different as a resort stay. I would have preferred the Jerk Chicken sauce be kept on the side so that we could add to our personal taste. All 3 of the bars were pretty nice & stayed very busy, I thought each one was set up nice for each area. I do think the bar on the pier could use a little more seating & maybe a few tables/chairs along the pier would be nice too.

The Disco I thought was pretty nice, you could tell that it would be a fun place to hang out in the evening. Nice stage & stripper pole with a lot of seating around the room. Easy access in & out of the Disco as well.

The shops in the lobby were nice as well as the excursion desk. I liked that it was all right there together, easy access & friendly people. The lobby staff were also very attentive. The owner, resort manager & general manger were all very nice as well.

The hot tub is a nice little area, secluded yet easy access, looked like a fun place to hang out too, only wish it was bigger.

There were plenty of games out in what I would call the game garden, not sure what it’s called so there now it has a name LOL. There was darts, pool table, ping pong table, shuffleboard & sand volleyball all in a secluded area off to the side of a main beach bar. The outdoor entertainment area was nice & big for everyone to have room to hangout on those warm nights without being crammed in a small area where it would be too hot. I liked this area, plus the main beach bar is right there too.

The hammock area was pretty nice, you would enjoy afternoon naps here for sure. I liked that there were tables & chairs all along the resort, several in shaded areas. This is great for afternoon snacks or just sitting & visiting as you look out over the water/resort.

The beaches were small but I do think they looked much smaller because we had 80 more people there on the excursion than what they actually have rooms/accommodations for. I thought they kept the beaches very clean & did their best to make sure everyone was taken care of for seating, drinks, etc.
    The lagoons I thought were pretty nice, I like the fact that you can put your float raft in the lagoon & just lounge all day if you like or if you want to go out into the ocean you can get out through the opening of the rock walls. I do think the Nude beach/lagoon should be on the side closest to the pool as that’s where the majority of the guest will be most of the time I would think. The other lagoon is a “Optional” lagoon/beach which I would expect it to be more for those wanting peace & quiet with the “Nude” being the “PARTY” area.

Overall I do believe that for this resort to get going it’s going to take a few years to get there. We never really had a sample of the “resort entertainment” so it’s hard to know how that would go although the DJ at the pool is the resort DJ from what I was told & he did keep everyone active at the pool. I would really love to see what it would be like to have a resort stay with a group vs a excursion for a few hours. As of right now I do believe that doing a group trip here would be similar to our group trips to Caliente Caribe. There wouldn’t be that many people there but we have always had a Great time. I would love the see this resort make it, it does need some up keep for sure but there’s so much to do in that area as far as group excursions that would add more fun to any group trip.

I do think that $125 per person per night for all inclusive is cheap but not sure if it’s low enough for this resort, I would think more along the $110-$115 mark would be more feasible to get this resort going but I also know it does cost a lot to run a resort.

Thanks for following up with the notes. And thanks for attaching the 2nd review as well. I guess we'll just have to see for ourselves in January. We'll stay there for a few days after being at hedo for 10. See you in January at hedo!

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    Thanks for following up with the notes. And thanks for attaching the 2nd review as well. I guess we'll just have to see for ourselves in January. We'll stay there for a few days after being at hedo for 10. See you in January at hedo!
    I just love your avatar. It's the first time in my life I've ever fantasized about having sex with a four legged creature.

You're welcome. See you in January.