Thread: Caliente Caribe Cupid's Kiss Feb 2014

Caliente Caribe Cupid's Kiss Feb 2014

I know this is predominantly a Hedo Forum (and we are big Hedo fans also) but we decided to try something new for next year and we just booked the Cupid's Kiss takeover at Caliente Caribe in the Dominican Republic. In addition to the usual naughty naked resort fun we are a couple that likes to enjoy other activities on our vacations and the snorkeling, kayaking and whale watching look like fun. The resort looks very nice and the group sounds like fun and we have always wanted to visit the Dominican Republic.

So, anyone else going to Caliente Caribe the week of Feb 9th 2014? Anyone have recommendations for things to do or see in the Dominican Republic? We'll likely rent a car and stay a few extra days to visit some of the island.

We wish. It's been almost 3 years now. We were there in 2011 for a swinger and, funny to think back on it, FemDom takeover.

Have you been there before? You won't find a more relaxing resort.
    I've got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today. Life is good today. - Zac Brown Band

We went Caliente Caribe with Cupids Kiss 2013 and had an amazing time. We have been to HEDO 2 4 times, and HEDO 3 once when it was still around. So we also decided to try something new. The food was not buffet style
    which was nice for a change , you had 5 selections to chose from every night. We found the food better quality than Hedo 2 with great service. The beach is rocky so we recommend water shoes, and to bring your own snorkeling gear. The house where we would party at on the property was amazing, and very retro, with a Dj playing tunes from Toronto. We flew to SAMANA AIRPORT which is only 45 minute drive to the resort , which is secluded which was nice. If you have any questions about excursions just email us. BLAKE AND LISA

We just booked for that weekend as well. The SLS crew seems to be a great crowd to have fun with. I'm looking forward to it. Should be very interesting! !
    Live Life and Love........

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    I know this is predominantly a Hedo Forum (and we are big Hedo fans also) but we decided to try something new for next year and we just booked the Cupid's Kiss takeover at Caliente Caribe in the Dominican Republic. In addition to the usual naughty naked resort fun we are a couple that likes to enjoy other activities on our vacations and the snorkeling, kayaking and whale watching look like fun. The resort looks very nice and the group sounds like fun and we have always wanted to visit the Dominican Republic.

So, anyone else going to Caliente Caribe the week of Feb 9th 2014? Anyone have recommendations for things to do or see in the Dominican Republic? We'll likely rent a car and stay a few extra days to visit some of the island.

Hey guy's trying to convince the better half we should try Caliente that week. I think a reunion is in order
    No pants are the best pants
    Next trip
    2017 sometime

Quote Originally Posted by sunnnysideup69 View Post
    Hey guy's trying to convince the better half we should try Caliente that week. I think a reunion is in order
    A reunion is definitely in order!! I'll send you a PM with our trip details and maybe we can coordinate some transportation stuff. What can we do to help with the convincing?

Can someone offer an opinion on the resort itself? I have been reading reviews that it is more than a bit run down...

We've never been so I can't speak from experience but the reviews I have read and feedback I've gotten from others paints a very different picture of the resort than run-down. I've read some very positive things about the condition and maintenance of the resort.

I'll be sure to post a first-hand report when we return.

It seems as though there will be a large turnout. I have also seen some bad and good reviews. But like any other resort, the people make the resort! So hopefully it will be a great party for V-Day!!!
    Live Life and Love........

After 7 trips to HII we decided to try something different last Feb and went to Caliente. I was more than a little hesitant as we know what we get when we book HII and were afraid we might regret it. All I can say is that we are now thinking of booking our second trip to Caliente! We loved it. It's a beautiful resort with friendly staff and gorgeous surroundings. We went on a nudist week (as opposed to lifestyle week) ...it was a little quieter than we were used to. But great people made it tons of fun and we still loved it. You won't regret it. Especially if you are going with a good group.

We just returned from our trip. I'll post a quick update here and add a trip report for anyone interested. Our vacation at Caliente Caribe was wonderful thanks to some FANTASTIC and FUN people we met. But the resort itself and the Cupid's Kiss event were disappointing. I bet this resort was really nice when it was new but it seems like they have put very little money into the resort over the last 15 or 20 years. Services and activities where minimal. They seemed to really skimp on drinks and meals for the most part. They kept running out of things. It really got to be a joke at times. The travel organizers, Lady Dee and Sarge from Adult Travel Vacations never showed up. We generally felt misled. Staff was nice and friendly. This was supposed to be "couples only" and yet single guys were present. We didn't feel like we got good value for our money. The resort seemed more interested in trying to find ways to save a few $$ than provide high quality. I'd never book with Adult Vacation Travel again.

The Club / playrooms were technically onsite but were not accessible by foot so they had to shuttle people back and forth. That was not necessarily a problem but to save money, they only opened the club every other night and closed it early.

The setting for this resort is beautiful. The potential is huge. Everything overlooks the ocean and seeing whales every now and then was a nice treat. It's nice that you can be naked anywhere at the resort. But for the money we paid, we'd return to Hedo or Desire or Hidden Beach or even Club Orient. I can't see how Caliente Caribe can stay in business given the competition they are up against.

Oh boy, we are booked for next week. Thats not exactly what we wanted to hear. There will be no group there during our stay, but we were hoping for some fun evenings in the club. We live near Caliente Tampa and their parties and dances are always fun. Looks like we'll have to make our own party. We'll give an update when we get back in March.